The Flash season 2 episode 20 "Rupture"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Apr 26, 2016.

?

Rate "Rupture"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

You've described five minutes of a 45 minute show. The other 40 minutes were pure filler. Also, I ask you this:

What does Henry being back bring to the table? It seems to me his entire purpose was to reinforce Barry's doubt about attempting to regain his power's (which I'd argue is a conflict that was filler). The Jay Garrick thing was a throwaway line that could've been delivered at any time.

As to Wally and Jesse, we do not know what has happened to them yet.

Zoom taking over Central City is really the only component of this episode that moves things forward (as I'd argue Barry being "trapped in the speed force" is just a way to prolong this unnecessary, filler-esque arc). As tonight's episode showed, Zoom taking over Central City can happen in about 5 minutes of screen time. It didn't take a full episode of angsty Barry to establish that.

#26 Matt, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Travesty Registered

I really liked this episode. And all of the Cisco references were great. He had a lot tonight. Also, Zoom was terrifying. Can't wait for next week.

3. famicommander Registered

I am hoping with all my hope that Barry awakens on 90s Flash's earth. Everything else that showed up in that scene where he traveled to Earth-2 has been paid off in some fashion.

4. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

So every friggin scene has to be main plot progression for you to not consider it filler? The plot was progressed, and it was almost certainly progressed in a big way that will have repercussions through the end of this season and probably into the seasons after it. The plot moved forward, and the plot moving forward was the focus of the episode, however slowly it may have done so.

5. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Calm your ****, junior. That's not what I said. I said that spending an entire episode devoted to a will he/won't he over a foregone conclusion makes for a suspenseless, dull, filler episode.

6. bbey Registered

Dang it, I thought I had an original idea. As the original flash in the old series I thought Henry should have been Jay Garrick instead. I also think the man in the iron mask is Earth 2's Henry/the real earth two Flash. I also think that Barry will be missing for maybe one or two episodes, trapped in the speed force, as per the death and return of Flash in the comics. Wally and Jessie becomes Kid Flash and Jessie Quick, can you say 3x2(9yz)4a?
    Will she have super strength? Could Zoom really be Johnny Quick, Jessie's real dad. that could be why he has such a hate-on for Wells and he never harm her. My head is exploding with possibles. I mean, Kid flash, Jessie Quick. Roy Harper isn't doing anything.. Teen Titan spin off? Not predictions. It is just were my mind has gone while watching this show. Be kind. It's my first foray into the forum world.

7. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Oh how nice, you've resorted to condescending insults. I simply don't see how this episode was dull, suspenseless, or anywhere close to being filler, yes, we knew Barry would eventually make the decision to go through with it, but we didn't know what would happen to him when he did, and we didn't know how far things would have to go before he made the decision.

8. zenith16 Registered

yeah henry said his mothers maiden name is Garrick so he's ( barry) ether has a distant cousin named Jay Garrick or they will used it as alias for barry him self some how. which would be weird.

oh it seems that wally and Jessie got mutated via barry;'s phase out in this dimension (no not other reality with Dopple gangers). obviously he's not dead. hmmm makes me wonder where he went to? and if he'll run into trajectory there. they both could be in the speed force.

#33 zenith16, May 3, 2016
  9. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

If Papa Flash is the real Jay on Earth-2 my original thoughts of Barry's dad being under the mask on Earth-2 is right. Though they would have went the long, long way around. :funny:

11. zenith16 Registered

that doesn't Explain why he's with his wife on earth 2 and why earth 2 iris and Barry went to stay with them and why'd henry would allow Zoom to pose as him as jay and terrorize earth 2 as if zoom's it's ruler for so long? good luck with that.

12. Headliner Registered

#37 Headliner, May 3, 2016
  13. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

You act like any of this has made sense.

14. Paradox1 Registered

Great episode, Zoom was a beast but I can do without his flashbacks to his tragic childhood. Wally and Jesse ,yeah they better be speedstera soon they'll need them to beat Zoom.

15. zenith16 Registered

lol it did til the episode of e
    when they close the breach's and it went to convolution hell from there with the velocity serum cure and Caitlin explanations. it was just aweird mess before with the killing of the doppelgangers and no explanation of what they did with some of their remains of some of the freak ofthe week villains etc . Oy this season. An ME , my kingdom for an ME. so much to explain ughhhhhh

16. Sweetchuck Registered

Tonights episode was mostly filler. The whole story could have been told in about 5-10 minutes without missing much. As much as I like this show... it is clear that the writers thought the season was only gonna last 19 episodes and were like "whut? Oh noes, now we gots to write 3-4 more episodes."

17. herolee10 No More Miracles

Barry was such a big ****ing idiot for most of tonight's episode. Seriously, the level of his stupidity actually matched the level of *****iness that emits from Felicity Smoak.

What did Barry think was going to happen when he gave up his powers to Zoom? The dude has no right to complain or be such a diva about it. Because of Barry, a lot of people have died.

What the hell are the DC-CWTV producers on as of late? Why is all of their shows suffering from such bad writing?

18. spiderman2 Registered

So just got done watching the episode and I have a few question. So at the end what happened? Did Barry get his powers back but also got to another world or something? I take it Jess and wally are going to have powers now? Last it said 3 episodes left in the trailer for next weeks episode but I thought we only had 2 left? If we have 3 that would make 23 episodes not 22 and that would make the season final on may 24 not 17th. I thought the finaly was 17th? Or was it counting tonight's episode?

19. Blade X Registered

I'm calling it right now. In this series Jay Garrick is going to be Barry's great grandfather on his father's side of the family (his father said that his mother's maiden name was Garrick). My theory is that the man in the iron mask is Jay Garrick from Earth 1 (Barry's great grandfather) who got speed powers decades ago and somehow wound up traveling to Earth 2 and getting captured by Zoom. He will most likely end up becoming a mentor to Barry,Wally,and Jessie and teach them how to use their speed powers.

20. Gaultheria Registered

The effect looked like when Ronnie and Stein first merged. I'd guess Barry is bound to Wally and Jesse for now, giving Wally and Jesse speedster powers but for only as long as the merge lasts.

We'll know as soon as Cisco picks up that scrap of Barry's costume.

21. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

As Mr. annoying; I say it is a 42 minutes episode.
    If reuniting with Dante has no weight on later episodes, then I guess this episode might be more than another filler?

22. Paradox1 Registered

Barry got his powers back and my best guess is that he got transported into the very speed force.

23. FMA1980 Registered

Really hoping they don't give Wally speedster abilities, it's bad enough that they introduced him as Iris's brother, when traditionally he is her nephew. However it looks as if this is how it will go, really hope we're all wrong but we'll se next week i suppose!

24. Spider-Aziz Flame Roy Returns

I love that they made him her brother instead of her nephew, and that they apparently discarded that iris is from the 30th century.
    I hope Wally becomes a speedster, about time a second good speedster comes to this show after 3 evil ones.

25. Supernova Registered

Im curious to see how they portray barry being stuck in the speed force next week and how they get him out of there. I honestly thought he would get his powers back but him absorbing into the speed force was a pleasant surprise.

Im kind of over zoom at this point because his motivation at this current moment is dumb given he has the most speed and no one o challenge him. I guess hes just gonna race around central city now doing nothing? Or at some point get bored and start taking over other cities? His motivation compared to reverse flashes last season is toilet paper thin.