The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 20 "Rupture"

So, that is Barry in the Speed Force at the end? I mean, that's what we're assuming?
yep I said the same my self in this same thread in page 2. It's the only place he could be. I have a feeling Trajectory might be there her self.

Gustin did a great job anyway, when the tears started to fall from his face I was like aw ****, something is going to go wrong here.

Shipp was fine as well, but watching L. Martin's reaction was beautiful, a combination of shock and heartbreak.

Barry's brother's name in the old tv series was Jay. And Barry's name in the comics is Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen. Barry of the old series could be Henry Allen in another universe. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!
In the comics Henry was always the name of Barry's dad.
In the old show Henry was a cop, and Jay was Jay Allen, not Garrick, and he died.

OMG. So this is just speculation but i think my dad and i have discovered who the man in the mask is. So we found that the allens have garrick blood in the right? What i think is that the man in the mask is henry allen on earth 2. Crazy right? But here are our points:
1. Golden age flash has grey hair, so does henry
2. Barry has been the only person to figure out the man in the masks tapping code, implying a connection
3. Maybe the roles have been reversed on earth 2, with henry having speedforce and barry, as we know, without it.
4. Why bring henry back into the show now if there wasnt a big reveal coming surrounding him.

Overall, i think that earth 2 henry is the real golden age flash, and zoom stole his costume to act as flash to give hope (as we know) it makes sense.

Bit far fetched, but if you think about it, it makes sense. And come on, john-wesley shipps looks so much like golden age flash

Bit far fetched, but if you think about it, it makes sense. And come on, john-wesley shipps looks so much like golden age flash

Not to mention that Shipp is to Gustin what Garrick is to Barry, Shipp is the original live action Flash after all. Also, after this episode, there is nothing crazy about thinking the man in the iron mask is E-2 Henry Allen, or at least a relation to him. The producers comments prior to this episode also made it seem almost a certainty that the man in the mask is the real Jay Garrick.

Not to mention that Shipp is to Gustin what Garrick is to Barry, Shipp is the original live action Flash after all. Also, after this episode, there is nothing crazy about thinking the man in the iron mask is E-2 Henry Allen, or at least a relation to him. The producers comments prior to this episode also made it seem almost a certainty that the man in the mask is the real Jay Garrick.

Also, remember that E-2 Barry's father was never given an official name. His parents were only labeled "Mom & Dad" on his telephone. E-2 Barry's dad could very well be Jay Garrick Allen and he is the real Flash from E-2. Just a thought. Only thing that doesn't fit is that when Barry spoke to his mom they said they were in Atlantis vacationing. Maybe E-2 Flash was kidnapped during his vacation?

In the comics Henry was always the name of Barry's dad.
In the old show Henry was a cop, and Jay was Jay Allen, not Garrick, and he died.
I know. I was saying that Henry in another universe is Barry. Knowing that Henry's mother's maiden name was Garrick gives a different perspective of it. Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Also, remember that E-2 Barry's father was never given an official name. His parents were only labeled "Mom & Dad" on his telephone. E-2 Barry's dad could very well be Jay Garrick Allen and he is the real Flash from E-2. Just a thought. Only thing that doesn't fit is that when Barry spoke to his mom they said they were in Atlantis vacationing. Maybe E-2 Flash was kidnapped during his vacation?
yet the man in the mask was there regardless of the phone call earth 2 barry's mom made as we saw jessie meet him prior to that phone call episode's before. so earth 2 Nora should have noticed him missing if jay is henry of earth 2. and also should mentioned something about his dad wanting to help. seriously why would they allow that (zoom to take over the planet of earth 2 using the jay Garrick name)?

we should just wait and see when earth 1 barry heads back there and hopefully he meets up with them all at Atlantis to see who it is earth 2 Barry's mother is with. and there isn't some rush over thing with the writers.

the thing we know for sure before earth 1 Barry brought earth 2 to starlabs and took his identity for a bit & they showed earth 2 Barry still answered to the name Allen while being interviewed on tv.

Last edited:
yet the man in the mask was there regardless of the phone call earth 2 barry's mom made as we saw jessie meet him prior to that phone call episode's before. so earth 2 Nora should have noticed him missing if jay is henry of earth 2. and also should mentioned something about his dad wanting to help. seriously why would they allow that (zoom to take over the planet of earth 2 using the jay Garrick name)?

we should just wait and see when earth 1 barry heads back there and hopefully he meets up with them all at Atlantis to see who it is earth 2 Barry's mother is with. and there isn't some rush over thing with the writers.

the thing we know for sure before earth 1 Barry brought earth 2 to starlabs and took his identity for a bit & they showed earth 2 Barry still answered to the name Allen while being interviewed on tv.

Maybe the reason e2 dad couldnt help is because zoom already took his speed. How was he so confident that he could take barrys speed if he hadnt done it before. And visuting atlantis, aquaman!! Maybe another point towards him being flash because he may be visiting aquaman as golden age flash

OMG. So this is just speculation but i think my dad and i have discovered who the man in the mask is. So we found that the allens have garrick blood in the right? What i think is that the man in the mask is henry allen on earth 2. Crazy right? But here are our points:
1. Golden age flash has grey hair, so does henry
2. Barry has been the only person to figure out the man in the masks tapping code, implying a connection
3. Maybe the roles have been reversed on earth 2, with henry having speedforce and barry, as we know, without it.
4. Why bring henry back into the show now if there wasnt a big reveal coming surrounding him.

Overall, i think that earth 2 henry is the real golden age flash, and zoom stole his costume to act as flash to give hope (as we know) it makes sense.

How do you explain the fact that Barry has his father on a quick call button on his phone? That implies they talk frequently. It could be Eddie.

I think you guys have no idea what's happening. Have you ever considered the fact that so many clues pointing at henry might be on purpose to distract us from the real man? just saying.

Anyone think Henry is suddenly going to remember that his mother used to call him Jay when he was small? :o

When Henry mentioned that his mother's maiden name was Garrick, Barry didn't seem to bat an eyelid at all, and didn't think to mention it to anyone else later on. It's not like it was just a common name like Jones.

To me, it seemed like Barry was still processing the implications more than anything else.

That was a really good episode. Yes, there was a bit of melodrama in it now and again but that is expected from a CW show.

The ending was a great cliffhanger and I kept thinking that an ending like that to a season could possibly have had Jon Snow like ramifications in terms of fan response. A minor opportunity missed, in my view.

One question though, how did Caitlyn know the police were set up at Jitters when she messaged the team to be ready? I can't remember.

An interesting episode, mostly filler but I liked to see Henry again.

It is kind of a given that Barry is not dead, so I wasn't to bothered by seeing him turn up on Arrow. He's the main character of the show, they're not killing him, and they clearly did not go around it in a way that made the audience even worry for a second that they could.

I really enjoyed the interactions between Joe, Harry, and Henry. It is interesting what spots these three take in Barry's life, and how they want to use him/look out for him.
It is obvious that both Harry and Henry need Barry to get his powers back so that he can defeat Zoom. First and foremost they look out for their kids, which is understandable, but also shows nicely how they would be willing for Barry to be hurt or even die to archive this. I found it a bit out of character on Joe's side, he seems to see Barry like his own child and Henry made some very good points. Henry, on the other hand, may has expressed my opinion of what a parent would do in such a situation the best, but I kind of feel like he really doesn't has much right to say anything on this matter after just vanishing from Barry's life like he did (good parenting my ass).

I found the interaction between Barry and Iris very amusing, and Barry really hit the nail on the head when he asked her why she tells him about that now because she really could have picked a better moment. It only put extra load on him, and while I do understand that she wanted him to know, I think it was a rather selfish thing of her to do. In my opinion, it was ridiculous how she just went up and left after she told him this bomb, like 'now you know, *****es, I'm outta here'. I really feel sorry for Barry, how everybody tries to manipulate him for their own gains.

I think it is not a good idea to give Wally and Jesse their powers just now, there are already too many people with powers on the show, and Barry has hardly been established as a useful and competent speedster just yet. I wish they would focus a bit more on him finally getting out of his insecurity/doofus phase instead of throwing another two speedsters in the bunch, but, oh well...

Good episode, all in all, but I'm looking forward to the season finally being over. I want to know who the guy in the mask is (some version of Henry is my guess) and what will become of Hunter/Jay/Zoom.

Pretty good episode, but I do have to sound off a few nitpicks;
First off, how stupid was it of Rupture to just stroll right in to Jitters with the place swarming with cops, considering he doesn't seem to be bulletproof or anything and I doubt his weapon can save him from a dozen or so guns firing at him at once.

Caitlin is supposed to be smart, so then why doesn't she pretend around Zoom and keep him happy for as long as it takes for team Flash to figure out how to stop him? Sure she doesn't like his company but he's not gonna hurt her.

I also think the scale is just so small in this show, I mean if Zoom existed in the real world he could probably bring the entire earth down on its knees to bow for him, but all he cares about is tiny Central City.

Even though we all know that Barry won't die I thought the ending was awesome! I don't know the exact details but wasn't Barry supposed to be the inventor of the speed force in comics? That's what I think happened here; he created and became a part of the speed force.

Pretty good episode, but I do have to sound off a few nitpicks;
First off, how stupid was it of Rupture to just stroll right in to Jitters with the place swarming with cops, considering he doesn't seem to be bulletproof or anything and I doubt his weapon can save him from a dozen or so guns firing at him at once.

Caitlin is supposed to be smart, so then why doesn't she pretend around Zoom and keep him happy for as long as it takes for team Flash to figure out how to stop him? Sure she doesn't like his company but he's not gonna hurt her.

I also think the scale is just so small in this show, I mean if Zoom existed in the real world he could probably bring the entire earth down on its knees to bow for him, but all he cares about is tiny Central City.

Even though we all know that Barry won't die I thought the ending was awesome! I don't know the exact details but wasn't Barry supposed to be the inventor of the speed force in comics? That's what I think happened here; he created and became a part of the speed force.

It wasn't stupid of Rupture - it was arrogant of Rupture AND Zoom. They didn't think anyone could or would be a threat.

Snow is smart but the hostage playing up to the captor and pretending to care, etc. has been done to death on TV and movies. The way it is written and performed here is very refreshing. Caitlin is scared and there is guarantee that Zoom will not hurt her.

Yes a great end to the episode with Barry evaporating and his Dad and the rest left devastated.

I hope Henry is back for good. Did anyone else get the impression that Iris was not very happy about his return? Asking if Joe knew about his plan to stay and the look on her face strongly suggested that she was more worried that Joe would be hurt if Henry really stayed. Joe has never been portrayed as jealous or threatened by Barry having a relationship with his father.

Also the scene with Iris and Barry fell completely flat. She wants a relationship with him because it says so main a newspaper from the future? :p "maybe they are meant to be together" just because not "I realised I'm in love with you"?

Throughout season one the love interest was one way - all from Barry - and she even rejected him when he told her. She then interfered with his relationship with Linda (didn't she actually try to stop them going out?) and then carried on with Eddie. Then in season 2 even Barry just moved on and there wasn't even a hint that he still had any feelings for her until now she decides different.

I think the writers have dropped the ball on this one. Iris isn't that interesting a character to begin with and doesn't really serve any significant purpise other than being someone's girlfriend or crush, where get there is chenistry or not. Caitlin is a significant character and more than just a "girlfriend" - and even hear they just threw her into a romance when her husband was still warm in his grave (so to speak). On Arrow, none of the female characters are "just girlfriends". They are actual characters with purpose.

I don't like to be negative but this one has been building up for while and I needed to vent it. ;)

Being back Patty. :p

Also, I was hoping that Wally wouldn't get powers at all - at the very least not this soon. Having a team of speedsters (I'm assuming Jessie gets powers yoo - not familiar with her character in the comics) might be "too many cooks". Same with Arrow - while I'm sad to see Laurel go, Team Arrow was simply too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"