The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 20 "Rupture"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
S2-E20 Rupture

RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM – Zoom arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry and Wells come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Kai Yu Wu & Lauren Certo

Extended Promo
[YT]/watch?v=tzb92_1QgyY[/YT]

Last edited:
lol @ the leeroy jenkins reference.

I like the holo-Flash, but this is a no-brainer that they have to try to recreate the experiment. If there wasn't Zoom, I might feel differently, but it's entirely Barry's fault that he's here.

So, Barry may be related to some version of Jay? That would be quite a twist, and maybe explain why there's supposedly no Earth-1 version of Jay.

So what else is new? :o

sigh, this isn't about who Barry is without his speed, this is about fixing the problem he created and only made it worse

And I am almost 99.9% sure that Barry won't get the speed force back (temporarily) but Wally definitely will.

I still can't believe they were stupid enough to give Zoom Barry's speed. What did they think was going to happen?

Good lord do it already Barry.

I guess someone's going to have to die in order to get Barry to change his mind. Look out, Joe and Iris.

And I am almost 99.9% sure that Barry won't get the speed force back (temporarily) but Wally definitely will.

I suspect both Wally and Jesse will get powers. Whether Barry does too is an open question, but a different one.

I wonder what the long-term plan is for the show if there are two (or three) Flashes running around simultaneously.

This episode was intense I can't Beleive Barry was unsure if he wanted to be the flash or not and zoom was killing people. When is Caitlin going to be free from zooms grasp. I hope Barry gets his power back by the next episode

I wonder what the long-term plan is for the show if there are two (or three) Flashes running around simultaneously.
Maybe it will be Barry and Wally on Earth 1 and Jesse Quick and the real Jay Garrick on Earth 2.

So I'm guessing Henry's Earth 2 doppelganger is Jay Garrick based on what Henry said in this show. And he's the guy in the iron mask. It would makes sense. Henry's doppelganger is the only one we have not seen yet.

It's too soon to have Wally and Jesse (w/speed) on the show. It just takes away from his uniqueness. But, I am probably in the minority on this.

It's too soon to have Wally and Jesse (w/speed) on the show. It just takes away from his uniqueness. But, I am probably in the minority on this.

You are definitely not. I'd be fine with them getting powers if they weren't speed powers. Having so many speedsters on the show will be boring, unless the two leave town.

Aside from that, I loved this episode. It's always fantastic whenever Barry squares off against his Big Bad and not just some freak of the week. This show would be so much better if it were only 13 episodes long and revolved around one major villain.

Cisco's jokes were, as always, the highlights of the episode.

I agree entirely. Although a large part of my dislike of it is the fact that Wally has yet to be established as a very interesting (or likeable) character on the show. Its weird because I generally prefer Wally to Barry. But TV show Wally just hasn't been particularly compelling and a lot of his Wally-esque traits are missing and replaced with daddy issues (and now an existential crisis). It just makes the prospect of him getting his speed at this point feel underwhelming (when it should be a huge universe shaking event).

Also, its starting to feel like everyone has a power. Personally, I thought giving Cisco powers (albeit fairly minor ones) was a step too far. But now the writers are adding at least one (possibly two) additional speedsters into the mix? Its just overkill. And it raises the question as to who can be a credible threat to Team Flash at this point? One speedster is pretty powerful. Two will be overwhelming. This isn't like Arrow in which every member of Team Arrow is a normal person. Two people who can move at Mach-5 is going to be way too powerful.

At any rate, did anyone else feel like this episode was filler? Barry shouldn't have had to have an entire arc devoted to deciding whether or not to try to regain his powers. And that doesn't even speak to the rather dull subplot of Cisco bonding with brother. A good portion of the whole arc with Barry losing his powers feels rather superfluous. Next week will be the third episode of this arc and it feels like it has gone on for half the season. This is in large part due to the lack of suspense. We all know what the end game is going to be. There is no suspense associated with the title character ceasing to be the title character because we know how the arc will end. It just feels like the writers ran out of story to tell after the episode in which Barry goes to the past so they tacked on an arc about Barry losing his power to kill time until the season's endgame. It has made for a disappointing few episodes, IMO.

Last edited:
This episode was far from filler, Henry's back in CC, the real Jay Garrick is somehow connected to him, Zoom has pretty much taken over Central City, Barry's trapped in the speed force, and Wally and Jesse may well have acquired their powers. Thought this was a great episode, Zoom was scary as hell.

I guess Kreisberg was lying....

‘The Flash’: Don’t expect Jesse or Wally to become speedsters any time soon

If you’ve been patiently watching for Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale) or Jesse “Quick” Wells (Violett Beane) to exhibit speedster powers on “The Flash,” hopefully you’re ready to be in it for the long haul.

According to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, it’s probably going to be a while before you see them zipping around Central City.

“Right now the show is called ‘The Flash,'” he explains to the press during an advanced screening of the April 26 episode. “Barry Allen is the only Flash.” Or, at least, he will be should he get the Speed Force back in his system.

That’s not to say they’ll never get lightning fast, though. “Obviously there’s expectations for those characters and whether or not they’re realized is part of the fun and joy of watching the show,” he teases.

That said, chances are they aren’t going to load the show up with speedster superheroes. Kreisberg adds, “It will never be ‘Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.’ It will always be ‘The Flash.'”

http://zap2it.com/2016/04/the-flash-wally-west-jesse-quick-not-speedsters/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"