The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 6 "Enter Zoom"

My only problem with this episode is what exactly is Zoom's plan? I mean, he's been sending all these meathumans from Earth 2 to kill Barry. All of a sudden when they try to lure him out, he decides 'what the heck I'll give them what they want'. Why didn't he just go to Earth 1 an kill Barry in the first place? More importantly why didn't he just kill him right now instead of just beating the crap out of him?

Even if recreating the accident were possible, that would still prove useless since that would mean that Jay would be in a coma for the next 9 months.

And we know that Barry will get his speed/usage of his legs back soon in order to be involved with the upcoming crossover event.
Jay and Barry had two different accidents. In the comics Jay inhaled vapors/fumes.

My only problem with this episode is what exactly is Zoom's plan? I mean, he's been sending all these meathumans from Earth 2 to kill Barry. All if a sudden they try to lure him out, and he decides what the heck I'll give them what they want. Why didn't he just go to Earth 1 an kill Barry in the first place. More importantly why didn't he just kill him, like he's been apparently been trying to do.

Could be very simple.

To tire Flash out.

If you remember in Knightfall, Bane broke out all the criminals of Gotham because he knew in a fair fight he couldn't beat Batman. So he made Batman have to recapture all his villains, tiring him out and once he's tired, fight him where Bane would gain the upperhand.

Do same thing here.

That episode would hve been a great midseason cliffhanger

Or he's just too busy killing all the other Flashes in the multiverse...

HOLY S***. Zoom was a friggin terrifying monster in this episode, him paralyzing Barry and publicly showing him to the news, police, and Star Labs was very reminiscent of Bane in Knightfall.

Especially with the fist to Barry spine out side of star labs way before his show case to the major places in the city and way before he stabbed Barry in front of earth 2 Dr.wells, Caitlyne and Cisco. he put Bane to shame too . He did it with just his fist. His fist.

Especially with the fist to Barry spine out side of star labs way before his show case to the major places in the city and way before he stabbed Barry in front of earth 2 Dr.wells Caitlyne and Cisco. he put bane to shame too . He did it with just his fist. His fist.

I do think it'd be awesome if they gave Zoom the ability to send out shockwaves by snapping his fingers like in the comics. Also I was legitimately concerned that Zoom was gonna Gwen Stacy Linda for a second there, glad they've let her into the loop and are keeping her alive since Wally's around the corner.

I do think it'd be awesome if they gave Zoom the ability to send out shockwaves by snapping his fingers like in the comics.
hmm I was hoping that's what wally would be able to do since mother was on dru7g's and all and I feel his powers should be warped some how due to her doing that to her kid . I get she was already an addict. but yeah it's just some thing I feel about his mutation from explosion should give him. or it'll be hard for him to stop normally with out creating sonic boom or some else similar.

Wow! That was an amazing episode. It went from funny to serious **** in no time! Zoom was a beast! I think it'll take wally west, flash, and Jay to take him down.
I kinda think zoom will end up being Barry's dad. His stature is too big to be Barry.
But 10/10 on this episode! Amazing!
Hopefully Barry won't take too long to recover. And Jay will get his powers back soon.

There were parts of this episode I really enjoyed but overall not really a fan. However holy crap Zoom destroyed Barry. It was like he was conquering warlord who paraded his enemies' head on stake for the all the civilian to see. Jay Garrick wasn't being a scary cat when he told Barry back off. He's was proven right beyond a doubt.

Jay and Barry had two different accidents. In the comics Jay inhaled vapors/fumes.

True, but in the show's canon, I believe Jay said that his accident on Earth 2 caused him to go into a Coma as well for 9 months.

• The filter they're looking for Earth 2 looks terrible.
  • "That's my Jess. Always so quick!" Oh Lord.
  • "Don't worry. I got my education today." :whatever:
  • I think this is the first episode where someone directly referred to Joe as Barry's father.
  • Barry and Patty are as adorable as ever.
  • So it's Cisco who feeds the inmates. Good to know.
  • So if Doctor Light can turn invisible...why didn't she do that as soon as she had the idea to run away from Central City?
  • I feel like Linda should've been able to tell that Barry was The Flash before he revealed his identity to her, but I can let it slide.
  • Okay, the montage was really funny. :funny:
  • The scene with Zoom and Wells's daughter was...actually kinda chilling.
  • So has no one and nothing fallen into the breach in the six or so weeks it's been sitting there?
  • The comedy is really working for me this season...but come on. Did they really think that pathetic ass attempt at a fight would fool Zoom?
  • Can we take a moment to appreciate Malese Jow?
  • Linda wanted to keep the gloves of the woman who killed her boss?
  • The way Zoom appeared out of nowhere was cool as ****.
  • HOLY ****, ZOOM THREW LIGHTNING! AND SORTS OF OTHER COOL ****! ZOOM IS A ****ING BEAST!
  • Oh my God, that ending.

7.5/8. There were some stupid ass moments, but overall? Good ass episode. I'll round up to an 8 for the poll. This is the best episode since 1x08.

They don't shy away from comic booky dialogue on this show.

OMG! The Flash Rises. Zoom is freakin' Bane!:eek: Epic episode. One of the best of the series so far. Probably one of my favorite too.

If Barry needed Green Arrow and Firestorm to take on Reverse Flash, then he's going to need a lot more heroes at his disposal to survive zoom.

Zoom is a beast

If Barry needed Green Arrow and Firestorm to take on Reverse Flash, then he's going to need a lot more heroes at his disposal to survive zoom.

He'll probably need freaking Constantine , Damien Dark, Kara from Supergirl and even her evil Aunt Astra , and Superman to stop the guy. Lol.

I wish they would stop saying "Wells" killed Barry's mother. Because he didn't. It's already known that the Earth 1 Wells was killed by Eobard Thawne years ago.

I think that calling him "Wells," is just reflex by this point. That's what they knew him as for over a decade, he was wearing the body/identity of "Harrison Wells" for a long time, and they saw him in his OG "Eobard Thawne" form for like, two seconds before he was erased from the timeline.

Oh and Linda knows now, cool. And Barry's reasoning for it makes sense, how very mature of him.

hmm I was hoping that's what wally would be able to do since mother was on dru7g's and all and I feel his powers should be warped some how due to her doing that to her kid . I get she was already an addict. but yeah it's just some thing I feel about his mutation from explosion should give him. or it'll be hard for him to stop normally with out creating sonic boom or some else similar.

I don't imagine the drug problems will carry over to Wally, if they want his powers to differ slightly, then a different origin is all they need, and they really should give him a different origin anyways, Wally's my favorite Flash, but his origin is pretty weak.

I wish they would stop saying "Wells" killed Barry's mother. Because he didn't. It's already known that the Earth 1 Wells was killed by Eobard Thawne years ago.
may be if they saw an iamge of how thwan killed dr. well's and his wife right after barry mother and stole dr's face them selve's . but the autopsy they did of when they found the real dr. well's body should have been enough cause withthe autopsy you can always tell when that person died .

this is a weird force of habit thing. after the autopsy concluded the real dr. was killed and the importer who is thwane , who also stole his(the real dr. Well's ) looks / face and life.

they should have called him thwan especially after they met that shape shifter meta human that messed with them and they had to prove it to the DA lady of that city they live in that there was such a meta human that can do it . maybe if the latter shape shifter was as psycho as (thwan) or more so on serial killer level and framed ether barry or the other star labs team or joe himself it would have sank in better? they have the evidence they know who didi and dr. well shouldn't utter ever again cause the man walking around at that time was thwan an impostor and cereal murderer

they keep saying that after the meta human creation even that nothing off limits now and even the D.a. lady said this after she said she help them set up a prison specifically for the meta humans committing crimes. it's is a bit odd especially that they know better after they did the autopsy them selves and they aren't Johnathan kent from small ville , that put his anger and rage in the most violet of way's til killed him off finally on someone cause they are related some one that caused the real trouble of which he should hate that one person alone which was Lionel luthor . chose to do it at the worst of time too when that man was trying to make up for what he did him self.
but smalle ville john kent can't have that.

and help to push someone else to villainy with john kent own prejudice.

Last edited:
So I gotta ask, now that Linda knows as well, when you guys think Patty is going to find out? Especially with Barry being paralyzed from the waist down at least in the next episode.

That frustrated me at the tail end of last season and now all of this season.

It's kind of demeaning to Wells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"