The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 6 "Enter Zoom"

So I gotta ask, now that Linda knows as well, when you guys think Patty is going to find out? Especially with Barry being paralyzed from the waist down at least in the next episode.

They've been playing it up a bit, so I could see it happening during the mid season finale or a couple episodes after.

I just hope that they don't go down the "Iris" route of having Patty react horribly to learning that Barry is the Flash, resulting in her ripping everyone a new one on how he should have told her if he really loved her, etc...

I don't imagine the drug problems will carry over to Wally, if they want his powers to differ slightly, then a different origin is all they need, and they really should give him a different origin anyways, Wally's my favorite Flash, but his origin is pretty weak.
yeah but it would make sense his power is a mutation as the show states and with heroes when drug's are involved it always leads to side effects . like cloak of cloak and dagger and others that had drug's involved with their own power's emerged as a mutation .

I 'd agree with you. Other wise. but I'm saying it's not that out there. that her mistake would cause this. also make a great step to help wally train to better control his powers and start something for other meta's that aren't criminals to learn to do so as well .

and it's be better then story line where he's involved instead of being dragged into something that would show up in a show like "One tree hill" or some lower worse show which every one will groan and wish iris's mom never came back . Her dying from a disease and just n wanting to know her daughter as story line is good enough and it better then her lying to iris and joe and wally being dragged into it though it.

wally will have the speed force regardless.

but I think something as a result of her drug use while he was in her makes sense .

Last edited:
.......daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That was stellar stuff. They made Zoom genuinely scary when he came and abducted Linda. And of course the slaughter that was the last few minutes of the episode.
tumblr_nxmv6hF6wX1uiwhhxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I just hope that they don't go down the "Iris" route of having Patty react horribly to learning that Barry is the Flash, resulting in her ripping everyone a new one on how he should have told her if he really loved her, etc...
Patty she's mostlikly gonna die and sadly(someone he knows and care about will eventually. it happened to eddie at the end of the season ) and I've said this befor barry does this a little too much he has too many villains and friends finding out who he is .

The latter who are friends shouldn't be a problem but the villein's ..... cold so far hasn't been a problem. but after his betrayal to barry withthe meta human break out ..., Barry should be warry and there's that guy they tryed to have help stein and they have him in the pipe line illegally this season, cause he knows about both stein his new partner that make up fire storm and Barry's identys.

Last edited:
.......daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That was stellar stuff. They made Zoom genuinely scary when he came and abducted Linda. And of course the slaughter that was the last few minutes of the episode.
tumblr_nxmv6hF6wX1uiwhhxo1_500.gif

she's lucky to be alive . Man he knew I guess he can tell with their bad acting. he must have thought they were making fun of his intellect. again I want to know where the other linda / dr. light ran offf to butt naked. and how's she avoiding cops ?

So after seeing tonight's episode, who would you guys list as the most intimidating Villain in this DC Universe?

1. Zoom

2. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke

3. Damien Dark

That frustrated me at the tail end of last season and now all of this season.

It's kind of demeaning to Wells.
especially with what barry said to jay in episode 2 about them selves being scientist's cops's and investigative journalist's and they take into account evidenceand should move on from there. which they have the evidence, they have the real dr.well's body they know it's thwan. they did the autopsy them selves they did should be able tell when the real dr.well's died. which was very close in time to barry's mothers death.

So after seeing tonight's episode, who would you guys list as the most intimidating Villain in this DC Universe?

1. Zoom

2. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke

3. Damien Dark

Zoom . He could finish Slade in like 5 seconds mirikuru or not, and he'd probably be too fast for even Damien Dark to get a chance to use magic against him. He'd destroy Eobard Thawne that's for sure.

Zoom . He could finish Slade in like 5 seconds mirikuru or not, and he'd probably be too fast for even Damien Dark to get a chance to use magic against him. He'd destroy Eobard Thawne that's for sure.

My sentiments exactly.

You know, prior to this episode, I had somewhat agreed with Wells's statement on Jay being somewhat of a coward but after watching Zoom in action... not only was Jay validated in every point that he made but it actually made it more impressive when I thought that Jay was able to survive any encounter with Zoom for the past 2 years, especially without having a "Team Flash" of his own on Earth 2 to back him up.

I still have a rousing suspicion that Jay isn't who he says he is, and that he might actually be an Earth-3 Johnny Quick masquerading as Earth-2 Jay, who in fact did not survive his encounter with Zoom. A bit of a stretch I know...

Anyone else think that the events of tonight's episode should be mentioned in the upcoming Arrow episode, especially given on how the Flash being manhandled was made public?

I still have a rousing suspicion that Jay isn't who he says he is, and that he might actually be an Earth-3 Johnny Quick masquerading as Earth-2 Jay, who in fact did not survive his encounter with Zoom. A bit of a stretch I know...
well some evidence will be needed to back it up or some stuff with in the show that leads you to think this way .

I knew the only thing with well's from earth 2 was after zoom for, was cause of his daughter. I was proven right. beside's that he created zoom. I wonder if he know's who he is or if it matters over all . but I knew it was about his kid and has a bit of an issue with admitting his faults. it is cool to see all these people have powers. but yeah it did cause the city some trouble. in his a jay's reality/ universe.

Hot damn I literally nearly jumped out of my seat when Zoom caught Flash's lightning bolt and threw it back! That was just so unexpectedly badass!

I love how terrifying Zoom is, it was chilling just watching his eyes move behind that mask when Flash started running in circles....

again I want to know where the other linda / dr. light ran offf to butt naked. and how's she avoiding cops ?

Heh I want to know that too! I hate having plot lines dangling like that, hopefully the writers aren't done with Dr. Light yet....

one thing for sure he will get his speed back sometime now and the 6 months later on arrow since he was fighting "zoom" The how he get his power back is a question mark unless they plan to recreate the lighting storm incident

Anyone else think that the events of tonight's episode should be mentioned in the upcoming Arrow episode, especially given on how the Flash being manhandled was made public?

For sure at least a mention......The Flash mention Green Arrow news in E-1 and Oliver Queen/Robert Queen E-2

Just finished watching tonight's episode wow just wow this show just got real! I had felt like season 2 had not been has good has season 1 so far but tonight was just amazing just sucks that I have to want a week for next weeks episode! Man I cant want to see what happens next and man Zoom makes the reverse flash look like nothing! The voice the power of zoom just wow!

Hot damn I literally nearly jumped out of my seat when Zoom caught Flash's lightning bolt and threw it back! That was just so unexpectedly badass!

I love how terrifying Zoom is, it was chilling just watching his eyes move behind that mask when Flash started running in circles....

Heh I want to know that too! I hate having plot lines dangling like that, hopefully the writers aren't done with Dr. Light yet....

Yeah was not expecting that and his mask kind of looks like the creeper from jeapers creepers lol.

With the Reverse Flash, at least Barry could hold his own for awhile and give him a good run for his money.

But with Zoom; the dude got owned in a flash, pun not intended.

My initial thoughts on Zoom's mask were 'lame' because in the stills it looks really more funny than terrifying, but seeing him in action really turned me around on it, he looks great.

I loved the fight between those two, not the biggest fan on Barry once again being beaten to a pulp - and how is he holding up with Zoom this long when he had such problems dealing with the in-between villains of the show so far in this season? This show really has a problem to establish Barry's powers, like a massive problem - but considering that this is the fight I initially wanted to see in the first season between Barry and Eobard, I will still take it.

I loved the 'fight' between Linda and Barry as well, it was seriously one of the funniest things.

Barry not being able to feel his legs at the end? Cliche, so very chliche, but then again, this trope had to be picked up on sooner or later. I would have hoped for something to happen that Barry would finally be able to work on his own for an episode or two, but now it looks like he will depend even more on his friends. Poor silly-boy TV Flash, he just gets no real possibility to shine.

And Zoom parading the Flash around after defeating? Well, part of me was like 'of course' considering everything else that is going on, but I have to say I also liked it. I just hope they don't go the route with the public turning on 'their' hero and Barry getting all depressed, that would be so lame.

I liked Wells in this episode more than in the last one. He is still a huge *****e but seeing that the writers are going for it, I think I can deal with it as long as they humanize him this nicely.

Everything considered, a really nice and solid episode though.

I just hope that they don't repeat the same mistake that Arrow did with how they handled the matches between Oliver and Ra's Al Ghul.

I mean when those two met in the Midseason Finale, Ra's owned Oliver in the same veil that Zoom did with Barry tonight.

However, when they fought again in the Season Finale, Oliver owned Ra's, with the latter not putting up much of a fight and it came off as anti-climactic.

I'm surprised so many people didn't expect Zoom being able to throw the lightening back at Barry, I expected it from a mile away. Zoom is clearly much stronger than any of the other Flashes, I think he can do way, way more than that. I don't get how Barry even expected to have any chance at all against that fellow to begin with, and alone for this he really deserved a bit of a trashing, maybe next time he will actually use his brain - he has done so way too little in the season so far.

My only problem with this episode is what exactly is Zoom's plan? I mean, he's been sending all these meathumans from Earth 2 to kill Barry. All of a sudden when they try to lure him out, he decides 'what the heck I'll give them what they want'. Why didn't he just go to Earth 1 an kill Barry in the first place? More importantly why didn't he just kill him right now instead of just beating the crap out of him?

Yeah that is the part that confuses me to. I mean he showed that he was way more power full then any one else that has came threw. I guess when he did get shoot maybe that would weaken him some but even if it did why wouldn't he just leve and then come back latter and finish barry off. later? Its not like they could stop him. So he is now on earth 1 going around and doing nothing? I mean I would think he was now lose on the city to do what ever he wants and to kill who ever he wants.

I'm surprised so many people didn't expect Zoom being able to throw the lightening back at Barry, I expected it from a mile away. Zoom is clearly much stronger than any of the other Flashes, I think he can do way, way more than that. I don't get how Barry even expected to have any chance at all against that fellow to begin with, and alone for this he really deserved a bit of a trashing, maybe next time he will actually use his brain - he has done so way too little in the season so far.

I figured he would be power full but I didn't think he would be able to catch that. I thought it would either hit him and not take him out but make him at least a little weak or I thought it would end up missing him because he would be to fast and would just move out of the way but no I didn't think he would catch it. While I think barry just really wanted to stop him and there plain didn't work in the first place. I don't think they thought that zoom wouldn't fall for there plan that he was to smart for that.

I knew it the second cisco said that what he was doing . I even said it a few pages over.

I figured he would be power full but I didn't think he would be able to catch that. I thought it would either hit him and not take him out but make him at least a little weak or I thought it would end up missing him because he would be to fast and would just move out of the way but no I didn't think he would catch it. While I think barry just really wanted to stop him and there plain didn't work in the first place. I don't think they thought that zoom wouldn't fall for there plan that he was to smart for that.

I'm a bit surprised about this - Zoom was pretty much portrayed like a 'speedster god/demon' so far, I was actually a bit underwhelmed by what we've seen from his powers so far.

Then again, I did expect from the beginning that he would be extremely strong, so him being able to block any of Barry's attacks was kind of a given to me. I'm curious to see how they will try to come up with a solution to defeat him, I doubt that Barry can get this much stronger in a short while - it will probably be something disappointing like Arrow shooting that guy with an arrow like last seasons final. X)

Barry really need to start thinking a bit more. He slowly but surely gets annoying for me with how stupid he is on the show. In the beginning it was just him not being able to use his powers to a level that has been already established before but be conveniently forgetful about what he can do. Now it's him being just plain dumb. Not listening to others like Jay, taking Wells advice over theirs, running into a fight with a man from whom he has heard numbers of times before how dangerous he is. He has his heart at the right place and is a lovable dummy but that seems to be all that it speaking for him by now. He really deserved being beaten up for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"