The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute. Mercury used to be put on hats, hats go on your head... Another name for your head is your dome... Domashev! MercureyX is Victor Domashev!

wsxkKHv.gif

Wait a minute. Mercury used to be put on hats, hats go on your head... Another name for your head is your dome... Domashev! MercureyX is Victor Domashev!

When you put the subtitles on episodes of Sherlock to 'Cockney', this is what you get. :o

A convenient excuse isn't likely to convince anyone to be fair. And why the attitude? Did you honestly believe that nobody would do some simple checking on your post history to try and verify if you've been consistent in your claims?

I'm not saying this to be aggressive, but the point marvelmadness13 brought up was perfectly sound.

Edit: I don't recall Ricky/Avalanche. What was that one about? Though I do recall Jawtug in the Avengers threads and LokiD in the IM3 threads. Those guys were a farce.

Convenience is not a check on truth. It IS inconvenient that I posted information on this board I thought fans of the project would be interested in, only to have that information change because the film was still in development. That in no way invalidates what was said. A new writer was hired who hugely re-wrote the film, altering plot details and set pieces to reduce the budget.

Check out how I called Miles Teller being cast months and months before he was even brought up as a potential candidate for the role. I'm not reporting anything as speculation. These are all FACTS.

How much are you willing to stand by your facts?

Convenience is not a check on truth. It IS inconvenient that I posted information on this board I thought fans of the project would be interested in, only to have that information change because the film was still in development. That in no way invalidates what was said. A new writer was hired who hugely re-wrote the film, altering plot details and set pieces to reduce the budget.

Check out how I called Miles Teller being cast months and months before he was even brought up as a potential candidate for the role. I'm not reporting anything as speculation. These are all FACTS.

I've said my piece. I don't think I have much else productive left to say. It's not for me to check your post history. I'll leave that to others who may feel like doing so. I'm content to let this play out.

mercureyx said:
It approaches the material from the perspective of what it would be like for normal-seeming people to get these powers. Reed is still a genius. Johnny is still cocky. Etc. But they don't come off as cartoons. They come off as REAL people.

"Real people"? What does that even mean? Why is that a feather in Trank's cap? What filmmaker sets out to make any film where the characters aren't real? Isn't that the actors' job? To make you believe that the characters they are portraying are real?

mercureyx said:
Doom is a genius. He blogs, yes. So does Reed. It's hardly mentioned beyond that. Doom "blogging" is literally just something he does in the movie. It's a trait designed to show that Reed and Victor are contemporary young men.

mercureyx said:
Guess what, the script was MASSIVELY rewritten by Simon Kinberg. Why? For budget. What would a rewrite for budget likely force one to remove? How about Doombots and moloids? Among other things... Every single thing I've ever posted about THE FANTASTIC FOUR has been true.

I'm not representing myself as anything other than someone who absolutely knows what he's talking about.

A new writer was hired who hugely re-wrote the film, altering plot details and set pieces to reduce the budget.

If you are in fact "in the know" on this film's production what exactly have you told us other than that Doom will be a blogger, Reed will be a blogger, actors will act, and that the film has been massively rewritten in order to reduce even further an already reportedly low budget. And we're supposed to be excited about that?? Give me a break.

So Doom blogs and Reed blogs. They should just have a flame war on a forum as the climax of the movie. Then Doom can utter that immortal line: "what mods dare stand against me?"

I know when James Gunn didn't turn Rocket into a realistic blogger that I felt could be my neighbor it pissed me off. A talking Raccoon?! In MY COMIC BOOK MOVIE?! As a potential audience member I just could never support that. Thank goodness that nonsense tanked.

Wait a minute...

If you are in fact "in the know" on this film's production what exactly have you told us other than that Doom will be a blogger, Reed will be a blogger, actors will act, and that the film has been massively rewritten in order to reduce even further an already reportedly low budget. And we're supposed to be excited about that?? Give me a break.

He really didn't say anything we didn't already know amirite?

So Doom blogs and Reed blogs. They should just have a flame war on a forum as the climax of the movie. Then Doom can utter that immortal line: "what mods dare stand against me?"

Johnny kicks things off by making infammatory remarks in the comments section. Sue will post anonymously since she's invisible and Jamie Bell will be the Internet "tough guy".

Ben blames Reed for his avatar being permanently disfigured with pixelation.

He really didn't say anything we didn't already know amirite?

Not that I could see.

No Moloids, which we weren't expecting with the Moleman still being Harry Elder and not at a stage where we would expect to have Moloids turn up.

No Doombots, well the recent synopsis claims that Doombots are in it, but are just reprogrammed military drones. So in other words no Doombots.

Low budget with Kinberg having been brought in to rewrite the script and make the film. Well this is pretty much what we already thought, when Kinberg was brought in the rumour was that he was rewriting because the script was too expensive. The $100 million budget rumour was from before that so it was safe to say that the original budget was $100 million and Kinberg came in to slash the cost of the film. So most of us here have known that the film was very low budget for the potential strength of the franchise (although some on the positive side do seem to try to hold onto the $100 million figure).

So no, not really much that we hadn't figured out by ourselves that I can see.

Johnny kicks things off by making infammatory remarks in the comments section. Sue will post anonymously since she's invisible and Jamie Bell will be the Internet "tough guy".

Bell Grimm is like the weedy poster who pretends to be tough online.

Sue's invisible status is when she sets her profile so that people can't see when she's online, but doesn't realise that the admins and mods can see her there in italics.

I know when James Gunn didn't turn Rocket into a realistic blogger that I felt could be my neighbor it pissed me off. A talking Raccoon?! In MY COMIC BOOK MOVIE?! As a potential audience member I just could never support that. Thank goodness that nonsense tanked.

Wait a minute...

:funny: :up:

It seems like Fox just always looks at their FF films and says: "See? Audiences don't want fun comic book films."

No!

They don't want poorly-done films. Comic book films can be fun and faithful and wildly successful . . . as long as they're done by film-makers who have more vision than the knuckleheads at Fox.

I know who you are... Josh Trank!!!

Oh boy, you have trolled the fanboys to hell hahahahahaha... you're the man Josh!!

:oldrazz:

Now seriously, if this is true, who are you to know all this, part of the production staff, related to someone working there??

Last edited:
mercureyx is definitely legit. He was the first person anywhere to break the casting of both Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller (on this very forum). He's proven himself. Like most, I don't know what to make of this production but in regards to mercureyx's credibility, he's definitely connected.

Well, he may or may not be legit....but here is a warning, if Fox doesn't want some of this stuff out at this moment, he will be hearing from people, that won't be me. ;)

mercureyx is definitely legit. He was the first person anywhere to break the casting of both Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller (on this very forum). He's proven himself. Like most, I don't know what to make of this production but in regards to mercureyx's credibility, he's definitely connected.

Josh Trank and Michael B Jordan are almost more than friends, an educated guess doesn't prove him. Also, he never confirmed Teller, he even told someone a while back that Jordan was the only sure thing when everyone was speculating Teller. So he has one guess that had a 75% chabce of being right , and another speculation that he said may or may not be true. Newspaper horoscopes are at least as accurate.

Let's say this person is legit. It's entirely possible that the person would be attached to the production. It's the simplest explanation of how the person in question would have this information. By that logic, we would be unable to trust any positive remarks said individual put forth as the success of the film would likely be in their personal interest. :shr:

Josh Trank and Michael B Jordan are almost more than friends, an educated guess doesn't prove him. Also, he never confirmed Teller, he even told someone a while back that Jordan was the only sure thing when everyone was speculating Teller. So he has one guess that had a 75% chabce of being right , and another speculation that he said may or may not be true. Newspaper horoscopes are at least as accurate.

He was the first person to bring up Jordan and Teller in regards to these roles before it was reported anywhere on the internet. Believe what you want, that's your right, but he's connected to the industry. A mod on here even confirmed it awhile back.

Let's say this person is legit. It's entirely possible that the person would be attached to the production. It's the simplest explanation of how the person in question would have this information. By that logic, we would be unable to trust any positive remarks said individual put forth as the success of the film would likely be in their personal interest. :shr:

Yep. Because everything would be biased towards saying FFINO is the best production possible. Would he even say anything negative against it like how it's a cheap ass production and ignores what made the comics great in the first place? Or is he going to just spin the usual crap and say "wait and see"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"