The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

I haven’t really followed the chronology of the various accusations against Singer. But it seems to me that a fair number of them precede the #MeToo movement. So calling out inconsistencies or “hypocrisy” between the beforetime and now somewhat misses the point. #MeToo has been a game changer.

The problem with Singer is that there is SO MUCH SMOKE. Bryan clearly likes to surround himself with young males, and the parties he used to throw and attend aren't exactly a secret. It's Hollywood. A guy throws lavish sex parties with lots of drugs and invites males of questionable age because that's his thing. He grooms young guys by promising them parts in his movies, supports them with just enough money to survive so they become dependent on him. Why would there be so much dirt on him, whether it's about unprofessional behavior on set (Apt Pupil, some of the X-Men movies, Bohemian Rhapsody) or sexually abhorrent behavior in his private life, if he was just a really nice, innocent guy? At some point there are so many stories pointing in the same direction that there has to be something. That latest article from The Atlantic lays out in extreme detail how Singer groomed these guys and hung them out to dry when he was done with them.

A lot of the behavior described isn't even illegal, but scummy nonetheless. He seems like a real creep who preys on weak people.

Considering the amount of allegations that Singer has received over the years, I'm surprised that Bryan Singer still has a career in Hollywood.

Considering the amount of allegations that Singer has received over the years, I'm surprised that Bryan Singer still has a career in Hollywood.

The prevailing narrative (whether it's true or not) is that he probably has a lot of dirt on high-ranking Hollywood people. He wasn't alone at those sketchy parties.

The prevailing narrative (whether it's true or not) is that he probably has a lot of dirt on high-ranking Hollywood people. He wasn't alone at those sketchy parties.
That was pretty much how Weinstein over years managed with get away with all the things he's been accused of. Makes sense.

I'd hate to think Ian Mckellen has any involvement. He was quite close to Singer.

I'd hate to think Ian Mckellen has any involvement. He was quite close to Singer.

Yeah that would suck big time. There's no way he didn't know about Singer's behavior right? As a big voice in the gay community that's kind of a slap in the face of that same community.

I'm not saying Ian was involved, but when you see a picture like this where he's hanging out with Bryan, a very young looking friend and Gary Goddard, another guy who allegedly likes underage boys, it at least raises an eyebrow.

DPtJihDX0AAPsWu.jpg

I mean, McKellan has said he did not go to Singer's parties.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because his unprofessionalism on-set seems to only be on Bohemian Rhapsody, cast-and-crew seem to have got along with him well on everything previous, he has 4-5 hit movies under his belt, and every previous accusation against him has been found to be unreliable and hasn't stuck?

:loco:

Look, I get that there's a lot of smoke, multiple accusations. And he had a bunch of unprofessional behavior on Bohemian Rhapdsody (didn't it come out his parents were sick, or there was some sort of personal situation?).

Thing is, he's had a bunch of accusations before, and things were dismissed at the time, pretty sure the accusers even admitted to fabricating it. That doesn't mean these recent accusations are necessarily false, it's just that everything before now has had major problems. At a certain point it's like...every time a new Singer movie comes out new accusations seem to surface, and everything until now has fizzled out into nothing.

So...maaaaaaybe a prudent train of thinking would be waiting for a court case, waiting until anything actually sticks. Spacey seems to be going to court without it getting dismissed, same as the Weinsteins of the world. If it goes that far with Singer, fine, great, condemn the guy, only it hasn't yet and probably won't. Smoke doesn't necessarily equal fire. In a world where Woody Allen and Roman Polanski are still working and have all of Hollywood behind them, seems a little cognitively-******ed to go after Singer.

If it's real, it's real. But you wait for the evidence. The LGBT group blocking the awards stuff based on accusations when every previous accusation has been found to basically be by gold-diggers seems pretty insane.

Wait for the courts. If it's legit, we all condemn him and he never works again. Doesn't seem like we're there yet though, this doesn't reach Spacey standards unless the new guys are found to be way moe credible than the last.

All for his career being done-and-dusted if there's significant evidence, but until then...

Hollywood still digs Woody Allen. Pretending there's enough credible evidence against Singer as Allen is all kinds of intellectually-deficient. If there's something concrete, take him all the way down, send him to prison until he's 70, any reasonable person can get behind that. But careers shouldn't go down based on questionable rumor alone.
Except this isn't true at all. This the talk of why Superman Returns budget ballooned. He was awful on the set of Apocalypse. Multiple projects saw him act very unprofessional. Disappearing, showing up late, showing up high, etc. The Hollywood Reporter wrote about it. It was never a secret in Hollywood.

"How Many At-Bats Do You Get?": Why Fox Hired (Then Fired) Bryan Singer on 'Bohemian Rhapsody'

Reports of Singer's erratic behavior on set go back more than a decade, but Fox lived through some of the worst of it on 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse. While Singer, 53, had some good moments, one insider says, he was "emotionally very frail," often unprepared and late to set. If challenged about his behavior, he sometimes cried. Meanwhile, there were the usual distractions, this source says. Singer had visitors constantly coming and going — "People flying in and out of town, put up in hotels, all on his dime." Given all that, this person adds, "I was kind of shocked when they went forward with Rhapsody. How many at-bats do you get?"

The 5 people killed at the bank in Florida three days ago were all women. I wonder if the suspect is another incel POS.

When you realize just how much abuse of power goes on in Hollywood and how people have created such an environment for certain things to happen, it's not that surprising.

The 5 people killed at the bank in Florida three days ago were all women. I wonder if the suspect is another incel POS.

There is so far nothing to indicate that. He did have a history of wanting to kill people, according to a woman who claimed to be his ex-girlfriend.

I knew about his wanting to kill people schtick. But specifically going after women and shooting them execution style seems to hint at something more than bloodlust.

There is a hair salon next door to that bank so if his target was women specifically it would seem he would have gone in there. So I'm thinking it was a coincidence that all the victims were women. It's a horrible story regardless.

I still don't think it was intentionally just women. It just happened there were women in the bank and no men at that particular time. It could just as easily been all men in there as well.

Golden parachutes piss me off so much.
Not really a golden parachute in the traditional (lucrative severance package) sense. Here, bonus money was contractually specified if the movie achieved certain box office milestones (over and above a defined “breakeven point”). And those were certainly met by Bohemian Rhapsody. According to the article, Fox is investigating whether firing for cause negates the bonus situation. But the DGA ruling that Singer deserved full/solo directing credit surely complicates matters.

While browsing Jezebel, I noticed something...
mukiyiH.png

In all honesty... He always gives off *****e/borderline vibe that if told tomorrow he was suspected of Bundy like crimes I wouldn't be all that shocked.

3 years is better than the less than year some of these guys get but it still reeks with a title named "Consent" as his return. They might as well have him flipping off the camera.

Rumor...
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Blind Items Revealed #2
January 24, 2019

There is one studio which hired the disgraced A-list Director back in October. The film has not begun shooting yet. Before yesterday’s big expose, my source said that the aging studio head and a VP were pushing for the disgraced A-list Director. The son of the studio head was still fighting to ditch the director. Apparently the son still has morals.

After the expose, the source said about the disgraced A list director’s involvement: “Huge chance it doesn’t happen.”

Bryan Singer/Red Sonja/Millennium Films/Avi Lerner (father)/Yariv Lerne (son)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"