The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Solution to what? Rape? That's going to happen regardless. He is right about consent, like everything else in this realm it's just a he said/she said thing.

Again, false accusations are rare. Would you like to see the statistics on campus rapes and sexual harassment at the workplace? That is still an issue that needs to be resolved.

Handsome Rob is just pointing out issues with the MeToo movement and throwing SJWs into the mix without providing any sort of alternative solution.

Again, false accusations are rare. Would you like to see the statistics on campus rapes and sexual harassment at the workplace? That is still an issue that needs to be resolved.

Handsome Rob is just pointing out issues with the MeToo movement and throwing SJWs into the mix without providing any sort of alternative solution.

I don't think you can point at something and say that is the solution to rape. A lot of it has to do with upbringing and basic moral guidelines. People generally don't burglarize homes, kill or rape people because it's repugnant behavior. The people who do engage in that behavior are chewed out and **** on by society. I don't know what else can be done.

Rape and other crime has generally been trending downward for the last 20 years. All we can do is increase our quality of life and learn from past mistakes.

I don't think you can point at something and say that is the solution to rape. A lot of it has to do with upbringing and basic moral guidelines. People generally don't burglarize homes, kill or rape people because it's repugnant behavior. The people who do engage in that behavior are chewed out and **** on by society. I don't know what else can be done.

Right. But there are people here talking about how chewing those people out is wrong and going too far and that it will lead to women having too much power. Given who is president right now and what he's done and admitted to, I think women having too much power is not a problem right now.

Also, do you have the stats for rape decreasing over the last 20 years?

Right. But there are people here talking about how chewing those people out is wrong and going too far and that it will lead to women having too much power. Given who is president right now and what he's done and admitted to, I think women having too much power is not a problem right now.

Also, do you have the stats for rape decreasing over the last 20 years?

Obviously we can only go off reported rapes

A sharp decline since the 70's-90's:
Rapes_per_1000_people_1973-2003.jpg

An uptick since 2013 but still much lower than in the early 90's:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191226/reported-forcible-rape-rate-in-the-us-since-1990/

That's not what happened at all. A table of 10 men made lewd comments towards me because they thought I looked like a hooker (which I didn't). That doesn't include the men who yelled at me from their cars. That is a hell of a lot different than "whistling at me because I looked nice."

You don't know what it's like to be followed at lunch time on a busy street by a guy who won't take no for an answer. Or having multiple men stick their hands up your skirt and down your shirt at a bar and not letting you leave.

For the record, I firmly believe that if I asked for help with that guy who was following me, someone would have helped and that person would likely be a guy. I'm not scared of men or paranoid that I'm going to get raped, but I can understand why some women would be. Especially given that the vast majority of North American women have dealt with harassment at some point in their lives (based on stats). False accusations can be dealt with as they come and because they're horribly illegal, but harassment and assault are more widespread and deserve attention, hence MeToo.

first bold is your opinion.

second bold you have no idea what has or has not happened to me so...

third bold.. so then you should understand why some men would be skeptical about being alone with women and wrongfully accused, right? or you still don't buy it?

I said this earlier and you ignored it.. I distinctively remember you saying you were a guy and just liked Elektra... I ask again, are you a man or woman?

Via People Magazine:

Ed Westwick Won't Be Charged with Sexual Assault Due to Insufficient Evidence

first bold is your opinion.

second bold you have no idea what has or has not happened to me so...

third bold.. so then you should understand why some men would be skeptical about being alone with women and wrongfully accused, right? or you still don't buy it?

I said this earlier and you ignored it.. I distinctively remember you saying you were a guy and just liked Elektra... I ask again, are you a man or woman?

Do you realize how dickish your first statement was? I said I didn't look like a hooker and you said that was my opinion. So if I did look like one, that justifies lewd comments? Or are you saying that I couldn't know why they made comments towards me? Because their comments were specific. For the record, my dress was knee length and no cleavage. Not that it matters, but you seem to think it does.

I never said I was a guy. You remember incorrectly. I'm a woman.

I'll put this more bluntly. The number of women who have experienced harassment outweighs the number of men who have been wrongly accused of something. So the guys that say they're scared of being alone with a woman are, in my opinion, paranoid. But women have a legitimate reason to be a little paranoid, given how widespread harassment is. If it wasn't an issue, MeToo wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you must be really hnnngh to be hit on that much and or live in a small town. I can only speak from my experience of course, I would go for broke, only approaching and hit on 8s and above.

I don't get the whistling thing myself, seems like a construction worker type of stereotype. lol

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but you must be really hnnngh to be hit on that much and or live in a small town. I can only speak from my experience of course, I would go for broke, only approaching and hit on 8s and above.

I currently live in a small town, from a large city. Small town guys here are good people.

And I should stress, I wasn't being hit on. This **** is a power move. A table full of guys making lewd comments is not about looks, it's about power.

And it's not whistling! It's yelling disgusting and degrading things.

My cousin asked her blind date for his id and took a pic of it, she then sent it to her friend. I think most young women now should take this approach, if the guy says no then just leave.

I want to stress, false accusations are horrible. But women get called out on it and sometimes even end up in prison. That happened quickly. But Weinstein and Cosby took decades. That's not acceptable. And they are still major issues.

It just seems like people are quicker to judge false accusations than real ones, in court. Only now with social media are people getting rightfully called out for their crap. But where I used to live, women in the trades still have to deal with harassment at the workplace because blue collar guys get a pass.

Look, if you're the kind of person who would stand up to someone making racist comments, then also be the person who would stand up to someone making sexist or crude comments.

Last edited:
My cousin asked her blind date for his id and took a pic of it, she then sent it to her friend. I think most young women now should take this approach, if the guy says no then just leave.

That would be wise for blind dates. Or Tindr. Or even Grindr. Just a safety thing for both parties. And always set up a date in public.

I'll put this more bluntly. The number of women who have experienced harassment outweighs the number of men who have been wrongly accused of something. So the guys that say they're scared of being alone with a woman are, in my opinion, paranoid. But women have a legitimate reason to be a little paranoid, given how widespread harassment is. If it wasn't an issue, MeToo wouldn't exist.

While the two are incomparable in scope and severity, men being scared of being alone in the wake of (or rather in this phase of) MeToo is becoming a valid talking point amongst MeToo advocates and in professional settings, as the influence of MeToo on human resource policy starts to tell.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/5/17157240/me-too-movement-sexual-harassment-aziz-ansari-accusation

http://fortune.com/2018/04/04/fake-metoo-claims-pew-research/

never saw this until today

$

This thread has become really toxic.
Less about a discussion, and more two sides trying to prove they're right.

So, how do you feel about MeToo?

That insomuch as it improves the situation of sexual assault victims where they feel they can speak up and be taken seriously, it's a good thing.

But, the mantra "believe all women" is a highly dangerous growth from it, as it replaces one imbalance of justice with another. As Pacific Boy showed in the two articles he posted, it is at the very least a fear many are concerned about--even those within the MeToo movement.

As I and others not swept up in the "believe all women" SJW/social media hysteria on here have repeatedly stated in one way or another, we want victims of sexual assault to feel safe coming forward to seek justice. But, we also want to make sure that justice isn't denied anyone accused. "Believe all women" allows no opportunity for justice for the accused: an accusation is considered conclusive proof of guilt, and the accused is immediately "burned at the stake" on social media. Even if the accusations are found to have no merit or even admitted to have been deliberately, falsely made, the level of outcry from the SJW crowd that they were wrong will never even begin to approach the level of outcry they made against the accused--in fact, it would be surprising to see it at all. Where is the justice in that?

I and others like me want actual justice, not agenda-driven justice that strongly seeks a desired outcome. What a novel concept.

Good for France.

I want to stress, false accusations are horrible. But women get called out on it and sometimes even end up in prison. That happened quickly. But Weinstein and Cosby took decades. That's not acceptable. And they are still major issues.

Part of why Cosby and Weinstein got away with what they did for so long was because no one came forward to the police. You can't put someone in prison for a crime they aren't accused of. I'm not saying it's an easy thing for a victim of sexual assault to do but I'm just pointing it out and I don't think your comparison works at all.

Part of why Cosby and Weinstein got away with what they did for so long was because no one came forward to the police. You can't put someone in prison for a crime they aren't accused of. I'm not saying it's an easy thing for a victim of sexual assault to do but I'm just pointing it out and I don't think your comparison works at all.

In the timelines of the Cosby and Weinstein cases, police reports have been made against them since the early 2000s, but were brushed off for one reason or another (but mostly because they're powerful men sheltered by the system).

Last edited:
In the timelines of the Cosby and Weinstein cases, police reports have been made against them since the early 2000s, but were brushed off for one reason or another (but mostly because they're powerful men sheltered by the system).

I can't find any verification of that. Not that I'm saying it isn't correct. In Cosby's case, I only found links to civil suits filed against him from 2004-2005. Regardless, that's about 30-40 years after he had been alleged to start doing terrible things to women.

I can't find any verification of that. Not that I'm saying it isn't correct. In Cosby's case, I only found links to civil suits filed against him from 2004-2005. Regardless, that's about 30-40 years after he had been alleged to start doing terrible things to women.

Cosby's current trial is a retrial of the 2004 one, I believe.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bill-cosby-retrial-jury-police-2005-sexual-assault-1202755617/

Regardless, that's about 30-40 years after he had been alleged to start doing terrible things to women.

The 60s and 70s were hardly progressive for women in Hollywood, and the alleged victims were relative unknowns versus a then titan of the industry in Cosby. It's a combination of a culture of intimidation and lack of any official support apparatus and advocacy for women in need.

This extract from The Independent sums it up:

The alleged incidents stretch back to the 1960s; why didn’t these women come forward earlier?

Some of Cosby’s accusers have said that they remained silent because they felt scared, intimidated or ashamed. Bowman claimed she tried to interest a lawyer in her case soon after the alleged assaults, but that he “laughed” her out of his office. Dickinson said she had never spoken out about the alleged rape until now because, “I was afraid of being labelled a ****e or a **** and trying to sleep my way to the top of a career that never took place.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-coming-out-now-why-didn-t-these-9874326.html

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jeremija
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"