The Multiversers: Hypertime

"pleasepleasepleasePLEASE say we get to kill Gwen Stefani!!!!"

*And suddenly, for Kara Zor-El, Savitar, The Jester, Helena Kyle, and Don West, Time was irrelevant. It was my doing, and thinking so, I did so. In my extra-dimensional headquarters, the Versescope, I kept a 4-dimensional application of my powers (3 dimensions plus Time) outside threw Multiverse. It was a place for them to exist, with it's own Timestream. I shifted into a 3-dimensional body and walked towards them.*
Just one quick pass of the hand through her head, and it will all be over. Savitar detested what he was about to do, having sworn never to kill again years ago, but there was no other way. For the world to survive, Zatanna, or rather the Queen of Fables, had to die. Just a quick phasing of the hand into her brain and it will all be over.
Suddenly (even for Savitar), the world dissolved away and he was standing in a sterile white room. With him are five other strange individuals. Savitar is mystified by what has transpired to him, and it appears he is not alone; four of the others appear shocked at finding themselves in this room as well. The fifth member, the only one who is calm, walks toward them and speaks.

“Where am I, and who are you!? What happened to the witch!?”

Suddenly, our hero is once again transported away from his home. He finds himself in a large white room.

"What the hell is it now Luth....well, this certainly isn't the Darth Vader helmet of solitude."

Our hero is surrounded by others, all garbed in costumes.

"Uuhhh, why are a cowboy, a dominatrix, an Ultragirl rip off, and a Hindu heavy metal rocker standing next to me?"

Then, a tall man walks toward them.

"HELLO"

"....hi. Who the hell are you, and where am I?"

"You are in the Scale, a section of Time outside Time, a Universe all to itself. I am Cronus, and all of you are the Chosen."
“Chosen? What are you talking about? If you are aiding that witch, then you will regret ever having abducted me!”

"....and also with you. So, are you trying to convince us that the power of Christ compels us, or what? And what's with the village people wannabes? Is this another super team? Cause I'm a member of the Legion of Salvation, I have my gang, and I have my own solo adventures. I don't have time for another super team! Who do you think I am, Wolverine?!?!"

Our hero considers hi options for a moment.

"Aw screw it. I'll play along. I was getting bored with the rest of my life anyway. So what's the sitch Wade?"

Suddenly, the 1800s Texas vigilante speaks.

"Oh. Oh, this is perfect. Now, I get ta die, because I'm in a team you're goin' ta force me ta be in."

"Oh quit whining cowboy.....boy."

"Don. My name is Don."

"All of you are from different Universes. I will not get into too much, other than this: there are different realities than your own. They operate on a cosmic principle known as the Multiverses. Multiverses are forever being created and destroyed. If they are unstable, they fall apart and cease to exist. My job is to make sure the most amount of Universes in the Multiverse exist. That is your job too. At certain points in each Universe's Timestream, there are Collapse Points, which are point that lead up to every given Universe's demise. All your home Universes are deemed stable, thus allowing you to travel between Universes. The Chosen Five, yourselves, your job is to stop these Collapse Points from happening. Only then will each Universe be stable. I will send you all to a certain point before the Collapse Point with a certain information. You need to stabilize each Universe."

"....And then we shall carry the one ring into the heart of mount doom toe destroyed! You my friend, are a laugh riot. So when does this epic quest start?"

The big voice guy began his spiel. When it was all over, Don was all questions.

"Multi-verse? Come on, now yer jus' just making words up. Fine. Let's say I believe you. Let's say this is all true. Why me? Why them? Why a goddamn clown?"

"Why?"

*My voices changes into a voice many of them have heard before. The voice of Kal-El.*

"Each of you brings something different to the table."

*My multiversal humor isn't for everyone.*

"Each of you has certain traits that can bring victory. Especially for your fist assignment."

Savitar lets the words sink in as he slumps down to one knee. Multiverses? Chosen? Even though he was a member of the JLE, this was not something he wished to have any part of. He wanted to get back to his home, and help his friends stop the witch. He didn’t want anything to do with these people, whoever they might be.
Having thought that, he finally takes notice of his companions. One is dressed as though he was fresh out of the Wild West, one appears to be Supergirl (though nothing like the Supergirl Savitar knew), one appeared to…
Savitar stopped his wandering gaze on the clown, and, for a second, remained completely motionless and wide eyed before shouting, “YOU! Murderer!!”
With incredible speed, Savitar runs and grabs the clown by the throat with one hand and easily lifts him off the ground. With his Speed Force powers, the Lord of Motion saps the kinetic energy from the clown, rendering him as slow as a snail.
“If this is some new plot you have hatched, killer, you will not succeed!”

OOC: Just a suggestion, guys, but you should really slow down a bit and give the other two characters time to get some words in.

Suddenly, the being known as Savitar grabs our hero by the throat and hoists him into the air.

“YOU! Murderer!! If this is some new plot you have hatched, killer, you will not succeed!”

"*ACK* ...I.....love you too. Now......what's.....with these.....murder....charges? Last.....time I checked......what happens......in.....vegas satys......in vegas."

The Question said:
Suddenly, the being known as Savitar grabs our hero by the throat and hoists him into the air.

“YOU! Murderer!! If this is some new plot you have hatched, killer, you will not succeed!”

"*ACK* ...I.....love you too. Now......what's.....with these.....murder....charges? Last.....time I checked......what happens......in.....vegas satys......in vegas."
Savitar grimacing in anger at the clown’s remark, spun around and threw the Joker, sending him bouncing across the room.
“No more tricks, Joker. No more jokes. You will tell me what it is you are planning…”, Savitar said with an annoyed tone, “or I will start breaking bones.”
Yes, Savitar vowed to never again take another life, but he had no problem inflicting pain on a sadistic madman.

Our hero was thrown into a nearby wall. His atacker began to aproach him, and spoke.

“No more tricks, Joker. No more jokes. You will tell me what it is you are planning, or I will start breaking bones.”

The clown prince of kindness began to stand up, and adressed his atacker.

"Quite the grip you've got there, Apu. Now, I have no idea what you're talking about. My name aint Joker. It's THE JESTER!!!! And I'm not planning anything. I was on the computer, minding my own buisness, when croney here snatched me up just like you."

The Question said:
Our hero was thrown into a nearby wall. His atacker began to aproach him, and spoke.

“No more tricks, Joker. No more jokes. You will tell me what it is you are planning, or I will start breaking bones.”

The clown prince of kindness began to stand up, and adressed his atacker.

"Quite the grip you've got there, Apu. Now, I have no idea what you're talking about. My name aint Joker. It's THE JESTER!!!! And I'm not planning anything. I was on the computer, minding my own buisness, when croney here snatched me up just like you."
Savitar’s anger grew as he snatched the Jester off of the ground quicker than one could blink. Both of the Lord of Motion’s hands were around the clown’s neck. Savitar began to squeeze, but not enough to make him pass out or keep him from talking.
“You expect me to believe you!? After all the horrible things you have done? The mass murders? The wanton destruction?”
The Lord of Motion’s patience was about to snap, when he heard a familiar voice inside his head.
“Listen to the man, Savitar. As much as he looks like the Joker, which I agree is a lot, he can’t be him. Remember the guy talked about there being multiple universes? This Jester must be a parallel version of the Joker. And, if this Cronus person has recruited you and Supergirl there, these others must be heroes as well.”
Savitar ponders what his “guiding angel” has said to him, and, a second after shouting at the clown, the Lord of Motion releases him from his grip.
“You’re right”, Savitar says to himself.
Looking down at the Jester as he rubs his throat, Savitar reaches out his hand to help him up.
“You…you are right. I obviously had mistook you for someone you are not. Please except my apologies”, says Savitar with sincerity.
Using his complete mastery over motion, Savitar easily returns the Jester’s kinetic energy that he had taken from him not even a minute ago.

".......ooookaaaay. And they say I have violent mood swings. But hey, no harm no foul. Now that that testosterone fuled display of agression is over and done with, hows about we get on with buisness. The two lovely ladies over here seem to have been rather quiet throughout all of this. Why don't we go around and introduce ourselves? I'm The Jester! Clown prince of kindness! Harlequin of helpfulness! Champion of cheers! Pro bono warlord of jutsice! And you guys are?"

“My name is Savitar. I am the Lord of Motion and member of the Justice Legion of Earth. Alongside my fellow heroes, I defend the those who cannot defend themselves against any and all who would threaten them.”

"Don. Don West. I been tryin' ta do good by the world ever since Wally died... I like to work alone. Less messy, an' the only life on the line is mine."

Helena Kyle looked around. She had just been transported into some ultra weird zone. The other heroes were talking amongst themselves.

“I am the Huntress, and you’re dead,” she said as she unleashed her crossbow.

Something weird was going on here.

"HI THE HUNTRESS! And my name's not 'Dead". It's 'THE JESTER'. Common mistake 'round these parts, really. So why don't you put down the deadly weapon, and relax?"

Kara flew towards’ the Ocean, cutting back a bit on her speed.
Two day’s and not so much as a single dream or vision. She smiled, she loved her husband, it wasn’t a random thought, just one that was true. She touched her stomach.
She felt..queazy..

Kara started, keeping the scream in her mouth. She looked around. Instead of flying over Themyscara she was standing in a...room. She covered her eyes with her hands.
No..No not again…” removing them she saw she was in her costume.
She glanced around at the people who stood near her, trying to figure out who they were, no one she’d ever seen before..except..that girl there..she looked like Huntress, if Huntress changed her costume..yet again. And that looked like….Her eyes went wide, The Joker?!
A wave a of nausea swept over her before she could say or do anything.

"HELLO."

"....hi. Who the hell are you, and where am I?"

“Where am I, and who are you!? What happened to the witch!?”

The ‘Joker’ spoke as well..as…..someone who looked like Savitar? Except it wasn’t The Joker...he was...more like a clown.

"You are in the Scale, a section of Time outside Time, a Universe all to itself. I am Cronus, and all of you are the Chosen."

“Chosen? What are you talking about? If you are aiding that witch, then you will regret ever having abducted me!”

"....and also with you. So, are you trying to convince us that the power of christ compels us, or what? And what's with the village people wannabes? Is this another superteam? Cause I'm a member of the Legion of Salvation, I have my gang, and I have my own solo adventures. I don't have time for another superteam! Who do you think I am, Wolverine?!?! Aw screw it. I'll play along. I was getting bored with the rest of my life anyway. So what's the sitch Wade?"

"Oh. Oh, this is perfect. Now, I get ta die, because I'm in a team you're goin' ta force me ta be in."

Kara glanced over at what looked like an 1800’s Cowboy, who had just spoken.

"Oh quit whining cowboy.....boy."
Replied the Clown.

"Don. My name is Don."

"All of you are from different Universes. I will not get into too much, other than this: there are different realities than your own. They operate on a cosmic principle known as the Multiverses. Multiverses are forever being created and destroyed. If they are unstable, they fall apart and cease to exist. My job is to make sure the most amount of Universes in the Multiverse exist. That is your job too. At certain points in each Universe's Timestream, there are Collapse Points, which are point that lead up to every given Universe's demise. All your home Universes are deemed stable, thus allowing you to travel between Universes. The Chosen Five, yourselves, your job is to stop these Collapse Points from happening. Only then will each Universe be stable. I will send you all to a certain point before the Collapse Point with a certain information. You need to stabilize each Universe."

"....And then we shall carry the one ring into the heart of mount doom toe destroyed! You my friend, are a laugh riot. So when does this epic quest start?"

"Multi-verse? Come on, now yer jus' just making words up. Fine. Let's say I believe you. Let's say this is all true. Why me? Why them? Why a goddamn clown?"

"Why?"
Cronus’ voice morfed into Kal’s voice,
"Each of you brings something different to the table."

Kara started, Kal had said that when they’d first put together JLU, a team that had lasted for about a year, before morphing once again into the name JLA.

"Each of you has certain traits that can bring victory. Especially for your first assignment."

Kara thought about it she was ‘chosen’ for some galactic important mission. Not a whole lot she could do about it, the universe had almost ended before, and she’d been through hell to get it fixed correctly. So far the clown, gunslinger and Savitar had been the only one’s speaking. She clenched her fist’s, They called it ‘morning sickness’. But why the heck now? Bart! If she went missing,..no this couldn’t be happening. She opened her mouth to speak.

“YOU! Murderer!!”
Savitar cried, racing at the Joker look alike. Apparently he’d just noticed the resemblance too.

“If this is some new plot you have hatched, killer, you will not succeed!”

“No more tricks, Joker. No more jokes. You will tell me what it is you are planning…” Savitar said with an annoyed tone, “or I will start breaking bones.”

Kara took a step forwad, as she’d thought. It wasn’t Joker. But she also realized that this wasn’t one of her dream’s. This felt real it was happening NOW. It wasn’t some far of memories that tickled her brain. It was real and it was happening.

“You expect me to believe you!? After all the horrible things you have done? The mass murders? The wanton destruction?”

He stopped, as if his mind was preoccupied, before speaking again.
“You…you are right. I obviously had mistook you for someone you are not. Please except my apologies”, says Savitar with sincerity.

".......ooookaaaay. And they say I have violent mood swings. But hey, no harm no foul. Now that that testosterone fuled display of agression is over and done with, hows about we get on with buisness. The two lovely ladies over here seem to have been rather quiet throughout all of this. Why don't we go around and introduce ourselves? I'm The Jester! Clown prince of kindness! Harlequin of helpfulness! Champion of cheers! Pro bono warlord of jutsice! And you guys are?"

“My name is Savitar. I am the Lord of Motion and member of the Justice Legion of Earth. Alongside my fellow heroes, I defend the those who cannot defend themselves against any and all who would threaten them.”

Kara looked around the room again, fancy beginnings, she should have a little snippet of herself too.
The man who’d called himself ‘Don’ and whom looked like a 1800 gunslinger straight from the history book’s spoke next.
"Don. Don West. I been tryin' ta do good by the world ever since Wally died... I like to work alone. Less messy, an' the only life on the line is mine."

Don West? Wally West? Those names didn’t mesh with his clothing. It was clear that this wasn’t exactly a gathering of Universal ‘peer’s. Whatever universe he was from, was far flung from hers.

Jester practically bounced greeting each one of them with a “HI!” before their name, if he did that to her, she might rethink her no kill policy.
Kara ran through a list of Questions and answer’s in her head.
How had she gotten here? Cronus had brought her and the other’s here.
Who were they? Apparantly Hero’s from other Universes.
Why? To save the Universe as we know it. Nice MO, pretty normal.

She again looked at her outfit, obviously jeans and a blouse don’t cut it for this guy, he wanted her in her Superwoman costume.

Huntress, or the woman with whom Kara had linked to Huntress in Superwoman’s Universe spoke.

“I am the Huntress, and you’re dead,” she said as she unleashed her crossbow.

Not any question in Kara’s mind, she was the Huntress, but she didn’t match any of the younger pictures she’d seen of Helena B...Kara’s blue eye’s went wide. During the last Universe problem, that had involved the Spectre, a universe had been seen, one in which Bruce and Selena Kyle had a daughter.
But true to the title, this Huntress was as much a lose arrow as the one Kara knew.

"HI THE HUNTRESS! And my name's not 'Dead". It's 'THE JESTER'. Common mistake 'round these parts, really. So why don't you put down the deadly weapon, and relax?"

The Jester bounced back cheerfully.

Cheerfulness didn't mesh with the Bat family, Kara knew it and it was apparent by the flash in Huntress's eyes.

“STOP!” Using her superspeed, Kara raced and placed herself in between Huntress and the others.

She held out her hand,

She continued before anyone else spoke. “We have all been removed from the universe that we know. And many thing’s may be different. I’m willing to bet that I don’t even exist as Superwoman in many of you’re universes, or maybe not even at all. But I do know from what I have seen we’re all on the same side.”

She paused. “I am Superwoman, Kara Zol-El, Last daughter of Krypton and Leader of the Justice League."

"HI SUPERW...."

'Superwoman' anrily glared at our hero.

"....nevermind. You know, you're alot different from the Superwoman I know. She's a manipulative, homicidal thug. Snappy dresser though. So, what's this 'Justice League'? Is that like the Legion of Salvation? Cause dammit, those guys are boring. I mean, sometimes we have some good fights, but most of the time its's talktalktalk. So, I guess we're a superteam now, huh. You can tell cause of the personality dynamics. We've got comedic relief (me), a quiet loner, a tempremental guy in a weird costume who speaks all fancy, a level headed authority figure, and a hot chick in black leather and anger issues. I think it it would be illegal if we weren't a team."

"HI SUPERW...."

'Superwoman' anrily glared at our hero.

"....nevermind. You know, you're alot different from the Superwoman I know. She's a manipulative, homicidal thug. Snappy dresser though. So, what's this 'Justice League'? Is that like the Legion of Salvation? Cause dammit, those guys are boring. I mean, sometimes we have some good fights, but most of the time its's talktalktalk. So, I guess we're a superteam now, huh. You can tell cause of the personality dynamics. We've got comedic relief (me), a quiet loner, a tempremental guyt in a weird costume who speaks all fancy, a level headed authority figure, and a hot chick in black leather and anger issues. I think it it would eb illegal if we weren't a team."

Kara stared at him.
How does he do that? He was worse than Plastic Man, a human with an energizer battery.

"I think the Justice League is more comparable to Savitar's Justice Legion."

She turned back to The Huntress and said gently "Why don't we find out more information before we do anything unadvisable."

Kara turned and faced Cronus, her cape billowed behind her, and she tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"When will this first 'assignment' happen and how long will this take?"

She wanted to get home, back to Bart, it was safe there. She was alway's safe with BArt.

Savitar stepped forward as well to speak to the being called Cronus.
“Superwoman presents some valid questions, and I would like to add one of my own. What will happen to the witch and my world while this…fixing of realities takes place?” Savitar asked maintaining his calm.

Don did not have the patience for this. He never was very patient, but this is really pushing it.
Don could harldy believe it, but he was one of the least crazy ones here. That fast one and the girl with the crossbow must really hate clowns.

"Dammit. I'm no good with teams. That blasted Kon-El keeps askin' me ta join up with his Justice Riders, but aside from that, I got no experience with this. I don't even have a damn horse."

Superwoman and Savitar asked their questions.

"Eh. Not like there's anyplace I need ta be... wait, today's... Shoot, I'll miss the funneral. Ah, well, nuthin' I can do about it now..."

Helena looked at Superwoman.

“You know, we had a Supergirl on my world, she worked with the Black Canary, a real *****, now, what shouldn’t I just shoot you with a Kryptonite arrow, if you even are allergic to it like she was. And you, Jester, you look like my dad’s sidekick, you even tried to kill him, then 10 years later you were shot with a sniper. I want answers, and I want them now! How do we get back home?”

Helena was feeling so many emotions. Frightened, angry, upset, and pissed. Someone was going to get ****ed up face.

"Sidekick? The Jester is NO MAN'S SIDEKICK!!!!! Well, there was that stage magician guy, but that doesn't count."

"When will this first 'assignment' happen and how long will this take?" Superwoman asked.

"The first assignment question will be answered shortly."

Savitar stepped forward as well to speak to me.
“Superwoman presents some valid questions, and I would like to add one of my own. What will happen to the witch and my world while this…fixing of realities takes place?” Savitar asked maintaining his calm.

"Time is not an issue. There are dangers on this job and I do not have proper clearance from my superiors to bypass the the Gates Between and bring the dead to life. So if you indeed die, your Universe goes on without you. If you live, you will be returned to the same spot in the Timestream in which you left. I know you are about to ask the same question, Don."

"Eh. Not like there's anyplace I need ta be... wait, today's... Shoot, I'll miss the funneral. Ah, well, nuthin' I can do about it now..."

"Like I said..."

Helena looked at Superwoman. “You know, we had a Supergirl on my world, she worked with the Black Canary, a real *****, now, what shouldn’t I just shoot you with a Kryptonite arrow, if you even are allergic to it like she was.
Helena was feeling so many emotions. Frightened, angry, upset, and pissed. Someone was going to get ****ed up face.

"If you notice, anything that can harm any other Chosen is now deemed inactive and useless. Your Kryptonite, when used against Superwoman, is lead, if you check your gear."

Helena looked at the Jester. "And you, Jester, you look like my dad’s sidekick, you even tried to kill him, then 10 years later you were shot with a sniper. I want answers, and I want them now! How do we get back home?”

"Sidekick? The Jester is NO MAN'S SIDEKICK!!!!! Well, there was that stage magician guy, but that doesn't count."

"The point is, you Five are the Chosen Five. If you die, another will take your place. If they die, same thing, so on and so forth. If you accept this task, or series of tasks, you will be returned to your world after a given period of Time. If you deny your place, and choose not to die on some mission, you will be returned back to your Homeverse and by not fullfilling your tasks as a Chosen, your Universe will crumble. You will then proceed to die. Either way, your best bet to stay alive is to complete your missions for however long, and then return to your Homeverse.

"And by the way, if one Chosen dies and is replaced, the mission goes on. For the safety of the Multiverse."

"I tell ya, I have half tha mind ta just let my world die. What's it ever don fer me? Nuthin', that's what. ...No, that's wrong. I... I don't want to make her cry. Fine, dammit, I'm in. You got any food in this joint?"

rigel7soldiers said:
"I tell ya, I have half tha mind ta just let my world die. What's it ever don fer me? Nuthin', that's what. ...No, that's wrong. I... I don't want to make her cry. Fine, dammit, I'm in. You got any food in this joint?"

"This place, I call it the Scale. It's seperate, yet together with the Multiverse. A sort of Scope to the Multiverse. You can sleep here and eat here, spar here, and be dispatched to your missions."

*I clap for the Scale to hear me.*

"Ephialtes, show them their rooms! Ephialtes is the supercomputer than runs the Scale. I kept him simple, for the sake of the Scale. I chose not to bind him with the Timestream. Instead, he monitors. And he will do what you want him to do."

"Yes, yes, that's great. I was just asking. I don't need anything. Wait... that thing you said about harming others..."

As always, Don had a gun hidden up his sleeve, because you can never be too sure. His sleeves were long enough to go past his hands, obscuring the gun he held completely. Only when he took aim, at the Jester, did it become clear that he had anything in his hands at all.

*click* *clickclickclickclick*

Hm. Not loaded.

"Just my luck. Ah well. As you were."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"