The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that by now somebody on Game of Thrones or the Walking Dead would have hosted. I know that a few from Game of Thrones have made cameos.

As popular as those shows are, I would think that they would have at least one cast member hosting. Jon Hamm hosted a few times and Cranston hosted once.

Some actors don't want to be on the show because they know they don't have the comic timing to make it work.

One of the worst hosts in recent memory was Colin Firth of all people. Just couldn't make the sketch comedy work.

Some actors don't want to be on the show because they know they don't have the comic timing to make it work.

One of the worst hosts in recent memory was Colin Firth of all people. Just couldn't make the sketch comedy work.

Peter Dinklage would be a great host.

Still surprised that Will Smith has never hosted nor been musical guest.

Leonardo Dicaprio

Lot's to make fun of.

Tom Cruise- Where to even begin? He stole the show in Tropic Thunder. If he can make fun of himself then the show would be out of this world.

I really want to see Charlie Day and Louis CK come back. One of the best in recent years, IMO, was Martin Short's episode last year.

I really want to see Charlie Day and Louis CK come back. One of the best in recent years, IMO, was Martin Short's episode last year.

The SNL monologue benefits someone like Louis CK. I wish more who have stand up comedy backgrounds and who have hosted SNL did what Louis did with the opening monologue.

True. I loved the way he just turned it into a stand-up set. I don't know why other people don't do that.

True. I loved the way he just turned it into a stand-up set. I don't know why other people don't do that.

Kevin Hart should have done the same.

Louis opening on SNL:

[YT]Nv1ns-55Obk[/YT]

January Jones was really bad too

January Jones was really bad too

Definitely. Although myself, I feel the jury is still out on whether Jones is anything more than a mediocre actress who lucked into an incredibly well-written project.

Definitely. Although myself, I feel the jury is still out on whether Jones is anything more than a mediocre actress who lucked into an incredibly well-written project.
Jury's not out with me, I'm convinced that's the case. She's incredibly lucky to have found a role so perfectly suited to her limited abilities, imo.

I actually thought Vince Vaughn's mono was pretty spectacular. He went all "audience parcipitation."

The Wes Anderson horror film trailer was hilarious.

I actually thought Vince Vaughn's mono was pretty spectacular. He went all "audience parcipitation."

I loved that one. It seemed more like Swingers/Old School Vince Vaughn instead of Fred Claus Vince Vaughn.

Last night's episode was pretty good. Nasim killed it in the "Stranger in a van" sketch, and the "12 Years not a slave" was great as well.

I lol'd at the random cut to Miley twerking in period costume.

I thought it was a good episode overall. It was nice to see what Edward Norton would do for a Klondike Bar.

I lol'd at the random cut to Miley twerking in period costume.

That was really good. Even though I didn't think her episode was great, I do like her willingness to make fun of herself on SNL.

Loved the Ruth's Chris sketch as well, although I think Norton was the weakest link in that one.

LOVED the "breaking-the-4th-wall" opening sketch about the fact that there is no black female cast member. But hope they dont think that since they acknowledged they are off the hook though, have they ever added cast members in the middle or during a season?

Or have they always waited for a new season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"