Gotham The Official Cameron Monaghan As Jerome Valeska/(Possibly) The Joker

I'm not gonna lie, the clone theory would have been better than this. We'll see how it goes.

But hey, we somewhat got confirmation that Cameron's still playing the character! Maybe.

I'm not gonna lie, the clone theory would have been better than this. We'll see how it goes.

But hey, we somewhat got confirmation that Cameron's still playing the character! Maybe.

It all depends on the execution, I guess! Still, I can’t be completely annoyed with this!

There are 2 new Jerome pictures!:
yj88477qnoa01.jpg

2jZTAxP.jpg

He really is the BEST (not) live action Joker since Heath Ledger. Jerome may not officially be the Joker, but he is to me.

Oh, definitely. I never expected much from the character but after Ledger's Joker he's easily my favorite live action rendition of the character.

Some new quotes from Cameron regarding the make-up process of Jerome and teasing another evolution in S4.

It's fun. I think that there's something really amazing about being able to physically transform and become somewhat horrifying to look at with this character. It can add freedom within the performance to embrace and be more broad in voice and behavior and all these things that, I think, would be more difficult if he was a guy who looked exactly like me, and I wasn't wearing any sort of crazy outfit, or if I didn't have any makeup on.

Now he's all sealed up in the fourth season. So we have one consistent look, and that look is still complex, and it still takes a couple of hours every morning to apply, and then 35 minutes or whatever to take it off at the end of every day. So it's not easy, per se, but I like having something like that for a character as unique and broad as this guy, to kind of help me access the character.

We also have a new makeup look on the show, that I won't say exactly what it is. But that's gonna be exciting in its own sense. That's really, really cool. It allowed me a new freedom in my own way, and it's completely evolved. And I can't wait for people to see what that looks like, and say, 'Man, that's freakin' cool.'

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...n-monaghan-likes-jeromes-crazy-makeup-so-much

Curious what this new look for Jerome or his doppelgänger will be?

If we get to see Cameron Monaghan go full Joker at the end of S4, I will freak out! What other look could they use? :hmr:

While I feel like some of his dialogue could have been written better, Cameron knocked it out of the park as usual. That mime scene with Oswald was hilariously awesome, and his last scene too is somewhat ominous. Can't wait to see him back in episode 16. :woot:

tumblr_p5brvr8iNj1v08u1wo3_540.gif

if Jerome doesn't become Joker, then this whole thing is just one giant disappointing tease. :(

the character practically SCREAMS Joker, even drawing upon the various prior portrayals of the character.

if Jerome doesn't become Joker, then this whole thing is just one giant disappointing tease. :(

the character practically SCREAMS Joker, even drawing upon the various prior portrayals of the character.

I know how you feel, and I definitely agree about this! At least, Cameron might get to play Joker, even though it might not be Jerome! The thought of Cameron playing two characters is very
interesting!

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned ,Jerome IS the Joker for this version of Batman, regardless of whatever games the writers are trying to play.

He's a fusion of Nicholson and Ledger's Joker's imo, with a little of Hammil's thrown in.

So, we got our first look at Gotham's Joker today.

Basically confirms the twin/clone theory, Jerome isn't the Joker. Really not happy about this frankly stupid writing decision, however, I do love this new Joker design, very much a noir crime boss look. This photo is reportedly from 4x21, titled 'One Bad Day', so he'll likely be getting the green hair and red lips at the end of the episode.

Go to GothamHub on Twitter, they broke the exclusive.

confused why they would do that all things considering but at the same time, i couldn't see anyone else playing him in this continuity

Damage control. It's obvious they didn't plan this thing out from the beginning, and I bet you originally Cameron Monaghan was never intended to play the Joker or be brought back as Jerome in season 3 (they were even gonna kill him off then again by decapitating him), and I guess after finally realizing that fans really loved Cameron in the role, the producers cast him in the Joker role but still tried to find a way to make the Joker's origins mysterious.

It's needlessly convoluted, and not the best of compromises, but I'm happy he's still playing the Joker.

I'm hoping that this new guy shares certain personality traits with Jerome, but different enough that he doesn't seem like a carbon copy.

More pics of Joker have been leaking out. Check GothamHub if interested.

I have to say "One Bad Day" is probably my most anticipated episode of S4!!!

Is Cameron still the actor for the new Joker? Sorry I'm getting confused. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"