The Official Cameron Monaghan As Jerome Valeska/(Possibly) The Joker

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by Taarna, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Ozbridge Registered

Excuse me because I never read comics so I have no significant interest in this but if Cameron portrays a character that is perfectly like the Joker in the comic (according to you) and there's no other character called The Joker in the show, is this THAT important for you for Cameron's character to be actually called The Joker?

2. Pennywise Registered

No, it’s just somewhat disappointing! I’m still really excited for the storyline though!

3. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Again, read my responses on the 4x18 thread and general thread.

#203 Arachnerd, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Pennywise Registered

I just did! Thanks for the clarification! :yay:

5. Pennywise Registered

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/18/gotham-jeremiah-joker-differences-season-4/A

6. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Cameron had actually already stated Joker (yes, that's obviously who he's supposed to be and that's what I'll call him from now on) would be new and subtle, so it's not surprising. I can see know why Camereon posted those Hannibal Lector tweets about a month ago.

7. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Bumpity bumpity.

[​IMG]

8. Pennywise Registered

He looks fantastic! :ilv::woot::loco:

9. Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

i love the eyes

10. ironman29758 Registered

Plus some Jeremiah Joker concept art

[​IMG]

I love most of this look. I only wish this look had more shading around his eyes (which are extremely haunting and fitting of the Joker look), this was pretty perfect look to be honest.

11. ComicBookNerd Registered

I’m sort of cool with Jerome & Jeremiah not becoming the Joker. I always thought of The Joker as many people instead of just one guy. At the same time, Cameron Monaghan has been one of the greatest depictions of the character that I have ever seen (right up there with Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, & Heath Ledger).

12. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

They are, but they aren't. It's a complicated situation.

But I'm 100% sure Jeremiah is meant to be Gotham's Joker, despite not having the name.

13. Pennywise Registered

According to Cameron Monaghan's Instagram, it sounds like Jeremiah will also be referred to as "J". Makes me wonder if we'll hear someone such as a henchmen call him Mr. J? :joker:

14. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

It's basically gift-wrapped for them if they want to.

15. ComicBookNerd Registered

Why can’t Barbara Kean be Harleen Quinzel?!

16. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Umm...why would she be?

17. ComicBookNerd Registered

She’s perfect.

18. Ozbridge Registered

No one has said that she can’t. And Harley Quinn hasn’t appeared yet so there’s always a chance.

19. Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

i'd be happy to see ecco in a similar role

20. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I would rather Ecco be Harley Quinn (if she ever actually gets introduced later on in the show) than Barbara. Her character is already flipflopping all over the place, and it's starting to get grating.

21. NotNickFury Registered

The only reason I could somewhat think people want to see Barbara as Harley or a Harley-type is because of them being paired up during "Last Laugh" in Season 2, down to her even having a hammer and being Jerome's assistant. Though admittedly, that could be anyone, but in the end, yeah, that role should probably go to Echo.

22. Zant Registered

The writers have no clue what to do with the Barbara and Ivy characters, do they?

They will pointlessly make Barbara.... Harley and cast another Poison Ivy actress very soon...:o

23. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Awesome fan art by William Gray on Twitter. Love the symbolism.

[​IMG]

24. ironman29758 Registered

So apparently someone on Reddit, leaked a few spoilers for the next few episodes, I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems exciting on what happens next:

If this is true, season 4 really can't be the end because it seems they are really hitting their stride more than ever. I think Gotham should end season 5 or 6. Especially based on the script that was leaked a while now. And CBR reminded me why I hate their lists, and why I like for the most part what Gotham did with Jerome and the Joker's influence even with the Twin trope they did:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-tv-villains/

My problem with this is that Jerome has been stated since season 2 as not being the Joker, and was a Joker red-herring from the beginning, and he is more like the influencing force/presence of the Joker of Gotham (not to mention there are a lot of time Joker has died or been assumed Jerome at the last minute was revealed never to be the Joker. Yes he has Joker traits, but he was always stated to being the foundation of the Joker legacy, showing how the Joker is more than a man he is an ideal which is showcased so many times. Also there is Jeremiah who just got introduced and is going to be developed in the next 3 episodes showing the influence Jerome has on Jeremiah and Gotham as well.

It seems like a nitpick argument automatically writing off Gotham's take on the Joker (And slightly praising it) before seeing how they actually present the Joker to be honest.

#224 ironman29758, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  25. Pennywise Registered

If true, I like the spoilers for the most part, except for [BLACKOUT]Jeremiah switching between the Joker and Jeremiah personalities as that has already been done with Riddler. The second transformation sounds very intriguing and gives me hope we will see the chemical bath![/BLACKOUT]

I am bummed out that this may be the final season as S4 has been the best of the series so far, and so enjoyable! Somewhat reminds me of shows such as Hannibal where they can be cliffhanger or series finale, depending on whether the network decides to ax the show! I always get sad when stuff like that happens! :csad::csad: