Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we not to wait almost the complete season to get a Renev Confirmation like the last Time , but if the Quotes will be stable we get at least 2 more Seasons

It'll all depend on the ratings and reception, dude. That's how it's been the previous seasons.

I would love for this show to go on for 7 seasons. I think that's a good length.

The important thing to remember here is Gotham is fighting for seasons 5+ with its s3 and s4 ratings. Season four will happen unless there's an absolute catastrophe (and probably then too) but if it keeps sliding it will probably not go further.

As I said the Ivy debacle got me extremely worried, and very sad.

The TV landscape could be entirely different two years from now.

Season four will happen. That's not even a question. Fox is still a dumpster fire outside of a few shows for ratings, it pairs fine with Lucifer, and it'll be close enough to syndication that Warner Bros will make sure it gets renewed somewhere. The fact that they have a per-episode deal with Netflix doesn't hurt either.

Seasons five and after are completely up in the air right now. If Fox has a bunch of new hits between now and then, Gotham will probably be gone even if it holds its current fanbase pretty well. If Fox continues its current trend, Gotham could decline significantly and still get renewed simply because there's no better option to replace it.

The continued success of Lucifer and the potential success of the Black Lightning pliot could come into play heavily as well. Warner Bros would be likely to lower their asking price for more episodes of Gotham if Fox were also ordering episodes of two other DC shows.

The continued success of Lucifer and the potential success of the Black Lightning pliot could come into play heavily as well. Warner Bros would be likely to lower their asking price for more episodes of Gotham if Fox were also ordering episodes of two other DC shows.
That's a good point which I hadn't considered.

It will be interesting to see which of Gotham and Lucifer will end on a better average this season. I feel it's pretty much up for grabs.

That's a good point which I hadn't considered.

It will be interesting to see which of Gotham and Lucifer will end on a better average this season. I feel it's pretty much up for grabs.

It would be a bad sign for Gotham if it doesn't beat Lucifer. It's pretty uncommon for a show to consistently beat its lead in.

Really hope Fish is not around for too many episodes.

It would be a bad sign for Gotham if it doesn't beat Lucifer. It's pretty uncommon for a show to consistently beat its lead in.

I think it's OK if Gotham and Lucifer have the same rating. Lucifer is in S2 anyway while Gotham is in S3.

Btw, Ben MacKenzie is doing Q&A on Reddit now and I'm suffering from secondhand embarrassment reading some questions. One asked him how many co-stars he slept with on set. Like, seriously? Do those people dare to ask him that question to the face?

I really dislike Jada as an actress... She honestly brings this show down. And it sucks cuz she's the biggest star so she gets a lot of attention. She is horrible! Sorry! I mostly just care about the characters from the comics anyways...

I really dislike Jada as an actress... She honestly brings this show down. And it sucks cuz she's the biggest star so she gets a lot of attention. She is horrible! Sorry! I mostly just care about the characters from the comics anyways...
Yes. She's awful. She has no subtlety at all in her performance.

Clare Foley was a better actress.

I agree Jada is way too over the top. Fish is horrible. A pointless character. I'm pissed they brought her back.

‘Gotham’ EP defines why Poison Ivy aged up:

http://heroichollywood.com/gotham-ep-defines-poison-ivy-aged/

Ken Woodruff went on to explain the character arc that she’ll take on, giving us an insight into her new personality.

“We made the change for two reasons: The character Ivy in the comics, one of her greatest powers is the power of seduction. Everyone was much more comfortable with that with an older actress as opposed to a teenager. We want to explore that classic, canonical power of Ivy. And we didn’t just make her older with that attack. When she’s changed and transformed, there’s a real character change as well. She’ll still have some of the same traits, but she’ll be much darker, more manipulative than the Ivy we’ve seen so far. There’s a more evil quality to her as well. It’s more than just physical.”

Geha herself had her say on her interpretation of the seductive villain, citing her portrayal as somewhat of a rebirth for Ivy.

“Ivy has been reborn, and she is completely different, on the inside as well as out. Ivy’s main passion in life is plants and nature. She doesn’t have any real regard for people. She still has a little bit of the Little Ivy in her; she’s not completely-completely changed. I think that Little Ivy is sort of relishing in the physical transformation and realizing all the power that she now has and what she can do to people and how she can manipulate people. She’s definitely transforming into a darker version of herself. Ivy perceives that Selina betrayed her and didn’t protect her. Ivy blames Selina, even though she does see her transformation as a good thing.”

I'll wait for Kathemy's reaction/rant. :o

At the moment I am in a bit of soul-searching regarding if I should drop my Gotham coverage at Doux Reviews or not.

They introduced this change in order to have Ivy hit on Bruce Wayne (evidence.) Apparently they thought we're happier having Bruce being wooed by someone twice his age than someone six months his junior. They were mistaken.

If you want to follow the backpedaling of the Gotham promotional team on this matter this is the timeline:

1: http://batman-news.com/2016/08/08/maggie-geha-poison-ivy-gotham-first-look/
2: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/11/gotham-9-things-we-learned-about-season-3
3: http://www.ibtimes.com/gotham-seaso...-wayne-start-relationship-selina-kyle-2407509

They obviously felt the need to give us these massive, long-reaching spoilers and effectively spoil the suspense of the season in order to quell the fury of the fanbase.

Sorry for not delivering more of a rant.

Last edited:
tumblr_mzrkd7s53v1tq4of6o1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"