• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i defently wouldn't be opposed to bruce/ivy if it looked more age approate.
Yeah. That's the worst thing. Fox switched Ivy to make Bruce and Ivy happen. And the truth is if they handled it right we would've had no problem with that unless they made Ivy thirty years old.

I'm sorry but Barbara is probably one of my favorites characters. Season 1 I hated her but now the writers figured her out. The exact opposite is true for Leslie imo.

Pretty much how I feel, too. Though we have to see what reborn Barbara's personality will be like.

So this show is kinda strange for me. I have been watching this show on and off since the beginning but I never watched a full season. Just enough so I wouldn't be lost. This season I plan on watching the whole thing. Hopefully it works out.

You know, the one thing that I'm very curious about is how long they plan on having Bruce going down this route of being a "vigilante" at this stage of his life.

Because the longer he stays in this role, then he's bound to grab the attention and collide with a lot of the major players in Gotham.

And since they can't have him actually put on the "Bat-Suit" yet, then is he just going to be known as this Proto-Batman until he actually makes that phase towards being Batman? I mean, if that ends up being the case then what difference would it make for Bruce to suddenly adopt the signature of a Bat when everyone is familiar with his vigilante persona? The biggest reason why Bruce adopted the look of a bat was to strike fear into his enemies and one of the reasons why it worked was because no one knew who Batman was at the beginning of this career.

However, if Bruce makes a name for himself as this "Dark Knight" vigilante then people would automatically know that Batman and his proto guy are the same person....unless Bruce's "Dark Knight" is presumed to be killed at a much later point in his career, before he adopts the Batman persona. But even with that route, if they tried to approach it where Bruce wanted to make everyone in Gotham think that Batman and his proto-Dark Knight persona were two different individuals, that would still take away the value of Batman being considered as the first real vigilante of Gotham City.

jWZ7q8Y.jpg

That's a lovely sight to wake up to in the morning.

You know, the one thing that I'm very curious about is how long they plan on having Bruce going down this route of being a "vigilante" at this stage of his life.

Because the longer he stays in this role, then he's bound to grab the attention and collide with a lot of the major players in Gotham.

And since they can't have him actually put on the "Bat-Suit" yet, then is he just going to be known as this Proto-Batman until he actually makes that phase towards being Batman? I mean, if that ends up being the case then what difference would it make for Bruce to suddenly adopt the signature of a Bat when everyone is familiar with his vigilante persona? The biggest reason why Bruce adopted the look of a bat was to strike fear into his enemies and one of the reasons why it worked was because no one knew who Batman was at the beginning of this career.

However, if Bruce makes a name for himself as this "Dark Knight" vigilante then people would automatically know that Batman and his proto guy are the same person....unless Bruce's "Dark Knight" is presumed to be killed at a much later point in his career, before he adopts the Batman persona. But even with that route, if they tried to approach it where Bruce wanted to make everyone in Gotham think that Batman and his proto-Dark Knight persona were two different individuals, that would still take away the value of Batman being considered as the first real vigilante of Gotham City.

Maybe this causes him to realize he isn't ready, and it convinces him to start his traveling/training. Of course, that will make it all the more obvious when he returns and Batman shows up shortly after, but they don't seem overly concerned with people knowing his identity.

Maybe this causes him to realize he isn't ready, and it convinces him to start his traveling/training. Of course, that will make it all the more obvious when he returns and Batman shows up shortly after, but they don't seem overly concerned with people knowing his identity.

Maybe they will go the Batman: Earth One with elements of Batman Begins, where he never necessarily leaves Gotham for his training to become Batman. Another option is doing a New 52 4-5 years of training before coming back to become Batman.

Can't wait to see those flashbacks too.

Interesting to see Ra's wear a suit, tie and glasses when confronting Jim!

Trailer looked great!

Well, not diminishing David Warner and Liam Neeson. They were great in their own right.

We do not talk about the Arrow one.

Well, not diminishing David Warner and Liam Neeson. They were great in their own right.

i was mentioning the live action ones.

yes let's not talk about arrow one.gotham embraces the fantastic elements more than nolan did which is usual with gotham vs dark knight trilogy

I agree, no need to diminish anyone, but I think Alex will have them licked before the season is over.

So, going off the quick video that he retweeted on his Twitter page, in addition to directing last season, turns out that Ben McKenzie actually wrote an episode of Gotham that, I assume, is coming this season. You know, good for him. In addition to acting, good that the show's letting him flex his muscles with directing and writing. Interestingly enough, writing dialogue for himself was challenge, but writing for Bullock, he says, was easy.

https://twitter.com/Tribeca/status/913591040602451968

last night episode has hyped me as hell i wonder how powerful Ivy will become or how f#ck#d she will be after her cocktails

So, going off the quick video that he retweeted on his Twitter page, in addition to directing last season, turns out that Ben McKenzie actually wrote an episode of Gotham that, I assume, is coming this season. You know, good for him. In addition to acting, good that the show's letting him flex his muscles with directing and writing. Interestingly enough, writing dialogue for himself was challenge, but writing for Bullock, he says, was easy.

https://twitter.com/Tribeca/status/913591040602451968

I think said episode was confirmed to be The Demon's Head (episode 4), so likely the one containing the Ra's flashbacks.

I'm late, so forgive me for this post if need be as I'm halfway through season three. I just...ugh, what's with this love thing between Penguin and Riddler? It's so stupid.

Still not as bad as the Jim and Lee aspect, as well as another ultimately pointless character you'll come across down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"