Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effectively handing the lead role to David Mazouz is only the best decision the show has ever made.

Problem is I find the execution of the last episodes really sloppy, despite great acting by the cast.

I'm actually really liking the show this season. I walked away from it a couple of seasons ago because I felt it was too all over the place and pretty poor at times. Things season seem more streamlined and focused.

While I was a bit weary of putting Bruce in costume so early, I actually think it helped focus the series, and if anything, and gave it something to move towards as opposed to the " throwing things at the wall to see what sticks", stuff they were doing before.

Yeah, I was too but this show needs a compelling hero character. Jim isn't cutting it and is now doing what he tried to fight against in season 1.

Yeah, I was too but this show needs a compelling hero character. Jim isn't cutting it and is now doing what he tried to fight against in season 1.

according to what i saw on tumble from set
jim is going to become captain jim gordon later in season
so yeah they are going back to his s1 rots.almost like they decered to say forget about seasons 2 and 3 we are going back to s1 for jim:woot:

Effectively handing the lead role to David Mazouz is only the best decision the show has ever made.

Problem is I find the execution of the last episodes really sloppy, despite great acting by the cast.

it sure was.it has become a proty[e batman begins season so far just like season 1 was penguin begins and seasons 2 and 3 we almost ridller begins

except for riddlerette i liked episode 3.

Some info from NYCC panel yesterday, credit to Comic Book Club

Ben McKenzie wrote this week’s episode of #Gotham, it focused on Ra’s al Ghul

McKenzie was writing the episode while he and Morena Baccarin were getting married, and on their honeymoon

Will there be a Bat-Cat connection this season? “Hell yeah, there will!” - Mazouz

“You’ll see a side of Alfred that’s never been seen before,” says @seanpertwee

@robinlordtaylor says Penguin’s main adversary this season is Jim Gordon. “Neither of us want chaos, but both of us want to be in control.” Taylor notes that if Bruce wants to be the man he wants to be, he’s going to have to confront everyone in #Gotham

“Batman has the ultimate control of the city, but it’s going to be a fight,” - Mazouz

“There’s a few lessons we have to teach him” - Taylor

@missmorenab says you may not recognize Lee when she returns, “so look around” #Gotham Look for Lee to first show up in a fight club, but otherwise Baccarin wouldn’t say anything further

Butch returns as Solomon Grundy, teaming with Riddler to find Lee in The Narrows

“Barbara is the most useful ally I could find at the top of the show,” says Alexander Siddig about Ra’s motivation

Mazouz says he just watched Batman Forever to study up, and Bicondova is losing it

.@robinlordtaylor says trying to murder someone on #Gotham is a positive thing. “You tried to kill me? You care!”

Sofia and Oswald will meet on this week’s episode... Sofia needs Penguin for a mysterious purpose

“Ivy is going through a really dark change...” In episode 12, “a whole new Ivy will emerge,” says Danny Cannon

Or you can watch the whole panel

[YT]VSA6-NWKs-E[/MEDIA]

Am I the only one who is t really impressed with how they have portrayed Ra's Al Ghul so far? I mean prior to introducing him on screen last season, they really presented a larger than life mystique about him whenever someone made a reference to his character.

But now? He just feels like any other season villain that we have seen in the past. I mean he doesn't even come off as someone who is supposed to have unlimited resources, let alone some of the world's most well experienced and trained fighters and assassins.

I mean having him also get involved with the likes of Barbara and actually going around and masquerading as a foreign emissary seems beneath the character.

A new clip came out between Pyg and Gordon which is an indication although they are changing some elements, it still has elements of the classic Professor Pyg
[YT]Aq_-KpX-O5E[/YT]
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...eaven-batman-villain-professor-pyg/780345001/

On some level it reminds me of this:

professor_pyg.jpg

Bonus, here's some new info on Professor Pyg's character from the mouth of Michael Cerveris: (http://collider.com/gotham-season-4-episode-6-trailer-professor-pyg/)
"Professor Pyg is a brilliant and chameleon-like person who has a highly developed sense of what’s right and wrong — it just might not be a sense of right and wrong that corresponds with everybody else’s."

His arc will see Prof. Pyg going after corrupt cops he believes to be “pigs” which, surprisingly does not include Jim Gordon, surprise, surprise. However, fans can expect Pyg to keep them on their toes since his ultimate plan won’t be revealed until a little later on in the season. His villainy will also lead him to cross paths with the Penguin, which is where the musical portion of this insanity comes in:

“Especially when they had somebody who played Sweeney Todd, they knew the direction they wanted to go.”

Last edited:
So we have Riddler and Solomon Grundy. If you put them together with Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, and Scarecrow you would have a live-action Legion of Doom!!

Episode 11 being filmed right now, directed by EP Danny Cannon.

BTS pics of the Sirens (sorry I'm too lazy to download the pic then upload it to get url)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BafRPj6j8-E/

Selina's new outfit is cool, I'm not optimistic about her character development though.

Episode 11 being filmed right now, directed by EP Danny Cannon.

BTS pics of the Sirens (sorry I'm too lazy to download the pic then upload it to get url)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BafRPj6j8-E/

Selina's new outfit is cool, I'm not optimistic about her character development though.
How do you know it's filming right now and Danny is directing it?

And yeah, I think I called it for Selina before the season began. She's in Evil Girl Power Gang and couldn't be happier...

How do you know it's filming right now and Danny is directing it?

And yeah, I think I called it for Selina before the season began. She's in Evil Girl Power Gang and couldn't be happier...

Camren said on her IG story that they were filming ep 11 the other day when she filmed a night shoot with
Anthony and Robin, or maybe they were filming unrelated scences in 1 session, but I find in unlikely since it was 2am
. And Danny Cannon always (and only) posts bts pics to his IG whe he directs an episode.

A new clip came out between Pyg and Gordon which is an indication although they are changing some elements, it still has elements of the classic Professor Pyg
[YT]Aq_-KpX-O5E[/YT]
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...eaven-batman-villain-professor-pyg/780345001/

On some level it reminds me of this:

professor_pyg.jpg

Bonus, here's some new info on Professor Pyg's character from the mouth of Michael Cerveris: (http://collider.com/gotham-season-4-episode-6-trailer-professor-pyg/)

That clip of Pyg was great! Can't wait for the episode!

As much as I enjoy David as a young Bruce. Does anyone actually see him becoming adult Bruce/Bats? I figured it might be worth in the next season being a flash forward a couple of years and replace him with an actor who is a bit older and bigger.

I hope they don't go that route. Mazouz has been evolving well into the role that if given the chance, I could totally see him play Batman well at an older age.

Recasting Bruce Wayne means I'm done with the show. Selina too for that matter. It was bad enough they did it with Ivy.

As much as I enjoy David as a young Bruce. Does anyone actually see him becoming adult Bruce/Bats? I figured it might be worth in the next season being a flash forward a couple of years and replace him with an actor who is a bit older and bigger.

Getting rid of Mazouz just to have a Batman would be totally idiotic. Although the show was originally supposed to be about Gordon, McKenzie is so boring that Mazouz has become the heart of the show.
I'd rather they keep Mazouz and never have a Batman rather than sacrifice Mazouz for a Batman.

The Pyg arc has been great!

[YT]lAR4T5wvUbk[/YT]

Pretty sweet how they're letting Ben write and direct some episodes

I still want to see those two together. Like how Affleck took a photo with David Mazouz about a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"