The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he ain't back for a ****ing Clash of the Titans remake sequel does not exactly fill me with any hope regarding his skills.

The fact that he ain't back for a ****ing Clash of the Titans remake sequel does not exactly fill me with any hope regarding his skills.

Yeah, not to mention the ''Transporter' movies...Ugh!

I really liked TIH. Though I thought Betty and General Ross were a lot better in Ang Lee's Movie.

Exactly, and personally, even back then, I couldn't stomach Lou Ferrigno jogging down the same alley after tossing some guy and hitting the most muscular pose. If they try another series, they wouldn't be able to get away with things like that.

A cg Hulk wouldn't be able to face off against normal men most of the series like the old one did, supernatural and powerful foes are the only way to go, and that's expensive, no doubt about it.

Not necessarily.
I'd definitely like to see some epic battles with Zzzaxx, Bi-Beast, the U-Foes, A-Bomb and all the rest of 'em, but I'd be willing to bet that the recurring "villain" in this series will be Thunderbolt Ross and the army. It'll probably be very like the old 70s series, in that it's about Banner always on the run from the army and government, and stopping into small towns all across the country to do his good deeds quietly before the townsfolk and the military chase him out a la Frankenstein.

But would the hulk run from the fight? Seems like when this hulk gets angry, he smashes, not tries to run away without fighting. I'm interested to see how its done. I pray its not some dumb love drama with almost no hulk at all

If the series takes place after the Avengers Movie, why would the Hulk still be on the run? Wouldn't he be accepted as a hero? Or wouldn't Shield tell Ross to stop chasing the Hulk, since he's part of the Avengers?

If the series takes place after the Avengers Movie, why would the Hulk still be on the run? Wouldn't he be accepted as a hero? Or wouldn't Shield tell Ross to stop chasing the Hulk, since he's part of the Avengers?

GDT has already stated that the movie will be set in the early days of Bruce and Betty Ross' relationship, well before Avengers and even TIH.

Hmm, does that mean he isnt even hulk yet? lol. Like smallville. Maybe he does the experiment on himself halfway through the first season. I wouldnt think theyd risk that though. I think people would watch a hulk show to see the hulk, not just for bruce's relationship

Hmm, does that mean he isnt even hulk yet? lol. Like smallville. Maybe he does the experiment on himself halfway through the first season. I wouldnt think theyd risk that though. I think people would watch a hulk show to see the hulk, not just for bruce's relationship

I'd say the first couple of episodes deal with the first transformation. Maybe even a big-ash 2-hour pilot or something. GDT has said that he's only attracted to the "monsters" in comic books, like Hulk and Hellboy, so I'm sure he'll want to go ahead and bring out the beast as quickly as possible.

I would be nice if they canceled the TV show and allow Guillermo Del Toro to Direct the next Hulk Movie.

Yeah save the resources for a possibly full blown movie franchise and toss the tv show

Anyway, I'd ratther wait to see what they have in store for the series, as I'm sure GDT can do a bad place of a job with it.

I still don't understand why some of you want to ditch the TV series in favor of a movie sequel. You can do so much more with a TV series....a 16-hour season versus a 2-hour movie means a ****load more villains, character development, and more Hulkage than ever.

Would you have preferred A Game of Thrones to try to condense everything down to a 2-3 hour movie instead of the epic miniseries it is.....?

I kind of agree with you. Tv is a different medium and there are a lot of unique aspects you can explore in a series that you can't do in a movie.

Game of Thrones is an entirely different animal than Hulk's universe. The amount of cg needed to make things passible are on completely different levels between the two franchises. Personally I don't want crappy portrayals of villains ala Smallville. The next thing will be the *****ing you're going to get because there's not enough Hulk or the things they have him doing are not amazing enough or the actual fights with the villains are crap. I agree with you that you can do so much more with television with regards to character development and story. Television is more suited for more grounded material like Daredevil, Punisher, even Heroes for Hire. With Hulk you go in expecting to see crazy feats on a regular basis and I really doubt that will be the case on a television series budget.

Leterrier must have done something right because Norton said he enjoyed collaborating with him and Roth said he would only do a sequel if Leterrier returned as director.

Besides we saw Marvel's cut of TIH not Leterrier's & Norton's and the same happened for Clash of the Titans. Warner Brothers were the ones who changed the script, ordered reshoots and cut the film - not Leterrier. There is a report online that described how different Leterrier's original vision was to the final product.

A question: If Hulk gets a sequel, which is a real possibility, do people here want Leterrier back to direct it?

*I ceartainly don't.

What's up buddy?

I did at first because Letterier did do a nice job with the action sequences and I loved his Hulk's design, but he did take too many liberties with the characters such as taking Hulk's leaping away and ruining the look of a classic character like Abomination...so no.

I am a big fan of giving an opportunity to some one who wants the job...I say give it to Director Joe Carnahan of the Grey. He'll probably stay truer to the character.

Last edited:
Well it is certainly cold enough for bad place freeze over. What is this, 3 or 4 times we've agreed on something? I lost count.:cwink: Hows it hanging Jamon.

Ha ha, what the bad place is happening to us? I'm fine CJ how are you? Just cant wait to see the big green guy on screen again.

OK, the CGI model might be the same, but you have to actually animate that, create new movements, make him ACT, make him react to what is around. Is not like they use the vectors from the movie and that's it. No sir.

Exactly, they will still have to make him movie, act, fight, everything in a different way he does in Avengers, and sorry it just wont be convincing.

A question: If Hulk gets a sequel, which is a real possibility, do people here want Leterrier back to direct it?

*I ceartainly don't.

I'd be torn, TIH was okay, but there was no emotion behind it and the characters werent very engaging, I didnt even find the action to be that spectacular. BUT, I think if his cut of Clash Of The Titans would have seen the light of day it would have been a really good movie. The version we got was crap because WB meddled heavily with the final product. I also think Leterrier's cut of TIH would have been better than what we got. So if he did come back I would be willing to give him a chance.

I still don't understand why some of you want to ditch the TV series in favor of a movie sequel. You can do so much more with a TV series....a 16-hour season versus a 2-hour movie means a ****load more villains, character development, and more Hulkage than ever.

Would you have preferred A Game of Thrones to try to condense everything down to a 2-3 hour movie instead of the epic miniseries it is.....?

This!!!

Though both would do nicely.

What's up buddy?

I did at first because Letterier did do a nice job with the action sequences and I loved his Hulk's design, but he did take too many liberties with the characters such as taking Hulk's leaping away and ruining the look of a classic character like Abomination...so no.

I am a big fan of giving an opportunity to some one who wants the job...I say give it to Director Joe Carnahan of the Grey. He'll probably stay truer to the character.

Hey, Gamma! How are you doing? Enjoying Aaron's run on IH?
I know I am.:D

I really liked TIH. Though I thought Betty and General Ross were a lot better in Ang Lee's Movie.

I agree. Although I like Liv Tyler and William Hurt, I think Jennifer Connelly and Donald Sutherland did an even better job with their respective roles. Unfortunately, the failure of Ang Lee's Hulk imo has a lasting effect, which prompts Marvel to keep a tighter leash on the directors for their future movies after giving Ang alot of creative freedom to do what he wanted, such as a Hulk as big as a building and gamma-radiated pooches attacking Hulk.

I agree. Although I like Liv Tyler and William Hurt, I think Jennifer Connelly and Donald Sutherland did an even better job with their respective roles. Unfortunately, the failure of Ang Lee's Hulk imo has a lasting effect, which prompts Marvel to keep a tighter leash on the directors for their future movies after giving Ang alot of creative freedom to do what he wanted, such as a Hulk as big as a building and gamma-radiated pooches attacking Hulk.

You mean 'Sam Elliot'. :D

LOL! Not sure why that made me laugh so hard. Probably because I'm just now seeing the resemblance. He really could pass for his brother in a movie. :woot: Well there you have it. Donald Sutherland is another alternative for General Ross in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"