The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I keep saying, you can do SO much more with 16 TV episodes a year than one feature film every 3 or 4 years. TV's VFX have improved greatly these days --- bad place, I've seen plenty of shows on cable that look better than a lot of big budget sci-fi/fantasy movies on the big screen. Factor in that more and more people are going big-screen and hi-def at home, and you've got to admit that home entertainment is getting better than anything you'll see in theaters.

Honestly, I wish Marvel *and* DC would start developing more TV series instead of throwing wads of cash at big ticket feature films that have always been a huge gamble. Comic books are episodic in nature, so the medium of TV lends itself perfectly, whereas feature films do not.

I know TV VFX have improved but not to point were they could create a totally CGI character for a large chunk of each show, AND do it convincingly. Add in a foe for Hulk to fight throughout and they just couldnt do it.

I find it difficult to believe that a Hulk tv show would fare well. Other properties yes but Hulk is just fundamentally a difficult character to make believable on film let alone the small screen.

Last edited:
I find it difficult to believe that a Hulk tv show would fare well. Other properties yes but Hulk is just fundamentally a difficult character to make believe on film let alone the small screen.

Exactly, there were complaints about the CGI in both Hulk and TIH, people were saying the Hulk looked fake in both (not an opinion I share), imagine trying to do it on a TV budget. Sorry it just wouldnt work.

they might as well move ahead with the sequel that letterier and marvel studios set up.

I think how well this movie does and how well each of the characters is recieved will determine the course of events.

From this teaser Tony Stark/IRON MAN and HULK really stand out positively. HULK is already an A(-) list superhero character wrt to GA familiarity/popularity. I wouild suspect that the initial plan would have been to not have HULK come back for the sequel and not have TIH 2 for a while. But if the success of the movie is astronomical and THE HULK is very well portrayed and recieved MARVEL would more than likely change their plans. Why take out a movie fan favourite in favor of an untested character. I don't think they're that stupid. Look at how they integrated Coulson into the broader MCU becasue of his popularity from IM.

^Am I the only one not too excited by a Hulk TV series? I LOVE Hulk and LOVE GDT, but I just done think a TV budget could do the character or what he can do justice.

I would much rather another movie anyday, I cant see Ruffalo wanting to do a TV series either.

Well it is certainly cold enough for bad place freeze over. What is this, 3 or 4 times we've agreed on something? I lost count.:cwink: Hows it hanging Jamon.

alot of people are forgetting, that they are recycling the hulk cgi from the avengers for the TV show. So really there are no concerns on him being believable on the show, just that they tell interesting stories. With del toro writing i have faith, but time will tell.

alot of people are forgetting, that they are recycling the hulk cgi from the avengers for the TV show. So really there are no concerns on him being believable on the show, just that they tell interesting stories. With del toro writing i have faith, but time will tell.

Exactly.

They've confirmed that they're using the exact same CGI that everyone is gushing about in the Avengers trailers. It's not likely to be wall-to-wall CGI though....GDT has stated that the storyline takes place before TIH and Avengers and focuses on the relationship between Banner and Betty Ross. So each episode will probably be two-thirds talky drama and one-third action.

And you think people will be interested in this? How about the villain? I certainly don't want villain of the week garbage ala Smallville. The threats needing Hulk need to be big.

OK, the CGI model might be the same, but you have to actually animate that, create new movements, make him ACT, make him react to what is around. Is not like they use the vectors from the movie and that's it. No sir.

OK, the CGI model might be the same, but you have to actually animate that, create new movements, make him ACT, make him react to what is around. Is not like they use the vectors from the movie and that's it. No sir.

Exactly, and personally, even back then, I couldn't stomach Lou Ferrigno jogging down the same alley after tossing some guy and hitting the most muscular pose. If they try another series, they wouldn't be able to get away with things like that.

A cg Hulk wouldn't be able to face off against normal men most of the series like the old one did, supernatural and powerful foes are the only way to go, and that's expensive, no doubt about it.

I for one dont work for a post production CGI team(as most everyone here doesn't either), so Im not sure of the facts but I can guesstimate. Most likely Del Toro wouldn't waste his time carrying this project, If he didnt have tricks up his sleeve to make it a great experience. Also mo caping ala like they did for avengers, isn't a for fetched idea for how they handle animating hulk for tv. CGI is cheaper then practical effects (this I know cause my profession is special FX makeup), especially recycled cgi. Now this doesn't guarantee the show wont take cheaper routes for villains (like smallville). However I personally trust Del Toro to bring it, but maybe im crazy time will tell. (if it even makes it to TV)

YES. you can usually see these with the proper lighting, it affects the silhouette ever so slightly. such detail.

Before when TIH came out, i never got why people said the visual effects were poor, i loved it in the cinemas. After i bought the bluray and watched it at home, I can't watch it properly ever again. especially the part where he goes up to betty after defeating abomination

:whatever:

Some people are never satisfied.

Exactly.

They've confirmed that they're using the exact same CGI that everyone is gushing about in the Avengers trailers. It's not likely to be wall-to-wall CGI though....GDT has stated that the storyline takes place before TIH and Avengers and focuses on the relationship between Banner and Betty Ross. So each episode will probably be two-thirds talky drama and one-third action.

That sounds nice and all, but what I'm more concerned about is the actor they hired to play Dr. Bruce Banner. After three consecutive changes for the actor in this role, I don't want anybody besides Raffalo to play Banner, whether if it's in the movies or on TV.

A question: If Hulk gets a sequel, which is a real possibility, do people here want Leterrier back to direct it?

*I ceartainly don't.

A question: If Hulk gets a sequel, which is a real possibility, do people here want Leterrier back to direct it?

*I ceartainly don't.

Yes. I loved TIH. And the HULK vs Abomination fight is arguably the second best superhero vs supervillain fight onscreen (after SPIDERMAN vs Doctor Octopus).

Aside from the amazing action i thought the acting was subpar compared to the other MS movies. That I lay on the director and casting. The acting as a whole was better in Hulk in contrast imo.

To be honest, the reason Iron Man and Hulk stand out so much is because of the way this film is being marketed.

Stark has more lines than anyone in the trailers and Hulk's "secrect weapon" angle is being played up quite a bit, they're also pretty much the only character's with shots of them actually destroying aliens far.

To be honest, the reason Iron Man and Hulk stand out so much is because of the way this film is being marketed.

Stark has more lines than anyone in the trailers and Hulk's "secrect weapon" angle is being played up quite a bit, they're also pretty much the only character's with shots of them actually destroying aliens far.

True, can't wait to see the damage Cap and Thor put on the aliens.

The Cap Thor team up scene looks amazing just from set footage. When the enemies and everything else is added in it could be one of the best moments in the film. They look like they are fighting and co-ordinating very well together. Love that Cap gets visibly injured & helped out by Thor.

True, can't wait to see the damage Cap and Thor put on the aliens.

Yeah I think we've seen enough shots of them "looking cool" or "preparing to attack", it's about time we actually see them follow through with their attacks.

Well, considering Whedon said a lot of time will be spent on Cap's subplot as well, it's not exactly meaning that they'll be overshadowing everyone else. It's hard to do a flick with a bunch of A-listers, someone will always get shafted.

Well, considering Whedon said a lot of time will be spent on Cap's subplot as well, it's not exactly meaning that they'll be overshadowing everyone else. It's hard to do a flick with a bunch of A-listers, someone will always get shafted.

Oh of course, I was just saying that's it's a bit unfair to say certain characters "stand out" when other characters haven't been given as much time to shine.

I actually wouldn't mind to see him again. He handles the action scenes a lot better than most directors. I like what I've seen in TIH, although it would be great to see his actual cut of the film to give a better judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"