• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some of the awesome shots in TIH

hulk.jpg
800%20hulkPDVD_029.jpg
vlcsnap-8878.png

I'd say that third one ALMOST compares to:

the-hulk-in-the-avengers-2012.jpg

Okay, nothing compares to that

I really can't stand the way hul looks a lot of the time durring the fight on the college campus, especially when he first hulks out and screams.

incrediblehulk1.jpg

Looks almost as bad as the crappy cg monsters from I Am Legend
I-Am-Legend-Monster1.jpg

'Rhythm & Hues' did both.

R&H need to stick to doing talking animals. That's where they shine.

The scene in rain after the college rampage is breathtaking though, absolutely perfect cg and just a perfect scene

No it's not, that scene is especially terrible. Skin doesn't look like that when it's wet. It was like Hulk was "scotch-guarded". Like he was waterproof and made of plastic.

When you get out of the bath or shower you don't look slimey do you? Skin absorbs some of the water, it doesn't all stay on the surface.

No it's not, that scene is especially terrible. Skin doesn't look like that when it's wet. It was like Hulk was "scotch-guarded". Like he was waterproof and made of plastic.

When you get out of the bath or shower you don't look slimey do you? Skin absorbs some of the water, it doesn't all stay on the surface.

I also laugh at how none of the huge puddles of water react to him stepping in them!

It was a nice quiet scene overall but when you compare it to the scene from which it was inspired from in Hulk:Grey....yeah it feels a little shallow.

It was a nice scene yea, the only real insight into Hulk as an actual character in the whole film. But yea the CGI was atrocious in that scene.

I always wondered why their mouths expanded when they screamed. Looked so cartoony.

don't rip me apart for saying this but i think ruffalo looks alot more like a nerd/scientist than norton ever could have looked like.

Couldn't agree more. I liked Norton better than Bana but don't miss him a bit. Actually watching TIH recently made me realize that Norton was just playing Norton. Not convincing at all.

Last edited:
i'd say he tried to be a person who is on the run and helplessly in love and has to struggle with his alter ego....
but not even the scene in the factory where he wears glasses helped to make him look like a scientist or something alike....
and the fact that the hulk didnt looked like norton made it look like there where two protagonists...

this was solved better in angs hulk....
especially because of the trasnformation scenes and the fact that he resembled bana (banner) which wasnt sufficient in the one scene with norton...

i really look forward to see the new hulk ...just that one shot of him catching ironman shows so much more expression... just like someone who is a transformed person more than any other incarnation t'ill now....
by the way i get a hunchback of notredame vibe when looking at the new hulk...and i think thats a good thing:-)

don't rip me apart for saying this but i think ruffalo looks alot more like a nerd/scientist than norton ever could have looked like.

Why would anyone rip you? Norton wasn't the be all end all of banners. :oldrazz:

They both looked better than Bana did. He was just too "leading man." I know he's a pretty funny guy offscreen, but he didn't play him as nebbishy as he could have.

New pic of Bruce by way of Slasfhilm.
Avengers-Bruce-Banner-550x366.jpg

Love it!!! Good to see Banner geeking.

I can't deny that.

Couldn't agree more. I liked Norton better than Bana but don't miss him a bit. Actually watching TIH recently made me realize that Norton was just playing Norton. Not convincing at all.

Though I still think Norton did a great job, watching Bill Bixby at work as Banner puts a lot of things in perspective that the character can be so much more. I truly hope Ruffalo takes us there.

i'd say he tried to be a person who is on the run and helplessly in love and has to struggle with his alter ego....
but not even the scene in the factory where he wears glasses helped to make him look like a scientist or something alike....
and the fact that the hulk didnt looked like norton made it look like there where two protagonists...

this was solved better in angs hulk....
especially because of the trasnformation scenes and the fact that he resembled bana (banner) which wasnt sufficient in the one scene with norton...

i really look forward to see the new hulk ...just that one shot of him catching ironman shows so much more expression... just like someone who is a transformed person more than any other incarnation t'ill now....
by the way i get a hunchback of notredame vibe when looking at the new hulk...and i think thats a good thing:-)
Heck ya man. Quasimodo. :p

Though I still think Norton did a great job, watching Bill Bixby at work as Banner puts a lot of things in perspective that the character can be so much more. I truly hope Ruffalo takes us there.

I hope Ruffalo delivers as well. Can't gauge it at this point. But seeing the trailer where he says, "And what if I said..............No." makes me smile.

To me Norton seemed to be playing himself acting like a proff. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:

I 100% agree and here is hoping he steals the show, and they fast track a sequel staring Ruffalo and the TV show. What do you guys think the chances are, of whedon directing a hulk sequel? providing of course, that he did indeed nail the hulk in avengers?

I like whats been said of th rest of that exchange: Widow replies "Then I'll have to persuade you", to which Banner responds, "And what about the other guy?"

:up:
I like whats been said of th rest of that exchange: Widow replies "Then I'll have to persuade you", to which Banner responds, "And what about the other guy?"

Really getting hyped for this movie.

I agree, the CGI in TIH wasn't the best but it does look good in quite a few scenes and I think it receives far too much flack.

THANK YOU! I agree.

As for the design, this new design is 80% 03 from the looks (which was the HULK master Dale Keown), but there are parts I'm not happy with, such as the not-so toned stomach. Also, his shoulders should be a bit wider. But as far as musculature, HULK should be more ripped the madder he get's IMHO... Muscle's get stronger, fat burns up = more ripped.

i think to see the effort in the muscles such as veins popping up und more tension in the muscles was already a feature in TIH...and as realistic the new hulk looks i'm sure they are aware of such details....to get ripped while fighting or getting angrier is a bit exagerated i think:-) but if its like seeing more tension i totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"