The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though he(abomination) wasn't shown long enough for his skin to change color which is why according to the visual effects artist he was a yellowish color
I think it would have been cool to see abomination during the day time

Last edited:
I think I read something about his skin being green, but so transparent it didnt seem that way, but that was also a while ago

Yea, and to be honest, I think he made more sense in the context of how he became the Abomination, an exaggerated humanoid

Yep, it alot more sense than the repitilian look he has in the comics.

If they had something that might have caused a genetic alteration to something more replitilian or icthyiod, it wouldnt bother me, but they didnt so I think it made sense

Besides I always thought Abomination looked kinda silly in the comics, atleast he actually looked scary in TIH.

Abomb's reptilian look could've been explained by a simple throw away line like 'Reptilian DNA was used in the syrum for it's regenerative properties' or something along those lines. I personally prefer some of the other concept designs they had made for him than what we got.

hulk_concept_art_post3.jpg

would love to see him evolve into this if tih2 happens.

Abomb's reptilian look could've been explained by a simple throw away line like 'Reptilian DNA was used in the syrum for it's regenerative properties' or something along those lines. I personally prefer some of the other concept designs they had made for him than what we got.
If they'd have something like that then it'd make sense for a more reptilian look

Concept art from TIH production. Its official

Should have went with that in the first place. Looks closer to Abomination from the comics. The face/head looked too plain in the Movie.

Looks like a humanized version of Megatron from the TF movies.

All TV shows beat all comics in popularity. I'm talking about relative popularity. The Hulk TV was not a huge hit as it has been described. Obviously more people watched it than read any comic book. But relative to other TV shows, it was not as big a hit as the Hulk comic was relative to other comic books.

So the live action Spider-man was more popular than the comics? Didn’t know that. Probably because it’s not true. It was cancelled after 13 episodes, not 82, like Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk as still popular, so much that directors and executives still appeals to it for the new movies and well, who cares what it was when compared to other shows when we are talking about Hulk alone. But the fact that everybody remembers it speaks on its own.

Ferrigno was speaking about it in a very passionate way...

Oh. So it must be true of course.

I don't think it's something he made up in his head and then got upset about. Does he strike you as being that insane?

What you think and what could or could not “strike” me as are not evidence of any kind.

I could go and say Ferrigno was eager to get interviews to boost his early career so he could go and tell any story to get attention of the media. See? Groundless theories can be thrown both sides.

I hope you don't believe Johnson would be forthcoming about the decision being made because the name "Bruce" sounded too "gayish". There is no way he could admit that in public.

That or he is telling the truth and you are unable to accept it as it doesn’t feed your hatred for the show.

But I brought you the truth from first source.

So you think it would not be ridiculous to have a red Hulk? I'm curious about that.

Oh, I do, and I know for a fact the TV series didn’t have one, and I know for a fact that the comics have had one.

How about one of these for Batman? They appeared in his book.
azbats.jpg

zebrabatman.jpg

batmancostumes-1284704031.jpg

So you see that not everything that’s in the comic books work on screen? That’s why the TV show was successful in areas where the comics have been a mess.

Every TV show is seen by more people than read comic books. More people watched the Batman TV show than read the comic too....would you want a Batman movie to use your logic there? Thank god the Spider-Man movies didn't follow the example of that horrible TV show (made by the same people who made the Hulk TV show)

My logic is not based on the TV shows’ popularity but the TV shows’ good choices, which has been widely celebrated by Stan The Man himself. Opposite to the Spider-man show, which was widely despised by Stan Lee.

Btw, I didn’t know the people who created the Hulk TV show (Kenneth Johnson, Nicholas Corea) also created the Spider-man TV show?

Ah yes, it’s because it’s not true.

Looks like you’re willing to make a case against the “Bruce” name.

Well, since Kenneth Johnson didn’t you feel like you have? Please, don’t.

Oh I know about how the TV show managed to distort the Hulk's image in popular culture, but that version still did not resonate with the public enough to become a hit TV show. Similarly, the movie versions...taking cues from the TV version...did not become big hits either. (relatively speaking...making over $100 million domestic is a pretty big hit in other genres)

So that's why I scoff at any notion that the public is not interested in the Hulk character...he hasn't been put onscreen yet to find out. I think the public wants to like him...witness the huge opening weekend of Ang Lee's Hulk....and the fact that the Hulk is the character most people seem interested in for the Avengers trailers. If anyone ever actually makes the Hulk into an interesting character, it could do very well at the box office.

Both movies barely had cues to the TV show but were mostly comics.

If for random theories I could go and state the recent movies haven’t been a success because they don’t have enough Hulk TV show in them. See what can be done there?

So the live action Spider-man was more popular than the comics? Didn’t know that. Probably because it’s not true. It was cancelled after 13 episodes, not 82, like Hulk.
I'm going to say yes...more people watched a canceled TV show than read the comics. We comic readers are a pretty small group.
The Incredible Hulk as still popular, so much that directors and executives still appeals to it for the new movies and well, who cares what it was when compared to other shows when we are talking about Hulk alone. But the fact that everybody remembers it speaks on its own.
Which is why the movies are not huge hits....just like the TV show was not a huge hit. You should not be surprised when you get the same results after copying something.

Now...if they want to appeal to a bigger fan base, they might want to try making the Hulk a real character for the very first time.
Oh. So it must be true of course.
He certainly sounded like he didn't make it up.
What you think and what could or could not “strike” me as are not evidence of any kind.
But his quote is evidence. Stan Lee also backed up that statement in the past.
I could go and say Ferrigno was eager to get interviews to boost his early career so he could go and tell any story to get attention of the media. See? Groundless theories can be thrown both sides.
Except there would be no motivation for Ferrigno to invent this. That's not why he gets attention. Johnson would have a very real motivation to not admit to homophobia.
That or he is telling the truth and you are unable to accept it as it doesn’t feed your hatred for the show.

But I brought you the truth from first source.
True that I hate the show. ;) But I don't see any "truth". What else could Johnson possibly say?
Oh, I do, and I know for a fact the TV series didn’t have one, and I know for a fact that the comics have had one.
Just checking. I find the Red Hulk idea ridiculous too...and I didn't even have to ponder the idea like TV studio execs did. :word: (Let's not forget who we are talking about here...TV studio execs)
So you see that not everything that’s in the comic books work on screen? That’s why the TV show was successful in areas where the comics have been a mess.
Now that's a good point.

But...the version they came up with was not successful. (Unless you think one season inside the top 30 is successful) So it makes no sense to use that template to generate future non-success. Again relative....the Hulk movies do make well over $100 million domestic...but if they want to climb up to the next tier with Cap and Thor they should try something different with the character. I'll admit I'm assuming here that the studio would like to make more than $134 million domestic....if not then by all means keep taking cues from the TV show.

Btw, I didn’t know the people who created the Hulk TV show (Kenneth Johnson, Nicholas Corea) also created the Spider-man TV show?

Ah yes, it’s because it’s not true.
I got that one wrong. Bad sources.:doh:
Looks like you’re willing to make a case against the “Bruce” name.
I've got nothing against the Bruce name...I think it was silly to not use it. But that perception exists as I showed.
Both movies barely had cues to the TV show but were mostly comics.
A mute Hulk with no personality who is a guest star in his own vehicle? That doesn't sound anything like the comics to me. That all comes from the TV show.

I do agree that "Banner and Hulk as costars" would be a good, new angle. Go with one of the more intelligent Hulks, something more like Joe Fixit: Banner's darker, more ruthless and selfish side, rather than just childlike rage.

Wow, that Abomination picture from above should have been used in the movie. His face looks WAY better than what we actually got.

His face and skin seem much more like the comics version, slightly reptilian but mainly Hulk-like.
I've always thought that the zombie look was too weird.

I hope they would use that as a design for the next time we see him on screen.

I missed the little fin things on his head, honestly. :p
4048395124_0f191381a6.jpg

Any new Hulk shots in the Japanese trailer?

No but there is a lot of other new things search the avengers Japanese trailer then the video is on **************

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"