The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

Such a GREAT film .
    The idea that Banner was searching for the secret to Strength in Emergency Situations , Brilliant .
    Susan Sullivan who was Bixbys co star in the 2hour pilot,
    Has a part On Castle now ,
    Playing Castles Mom,Martha Rogers on the show .

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Just curious, is anyone thinking that shot of the green glow from Banner's hideout shack from the Cap: TFA teaser is just a manipulated fake out and that never happens in that scene?

3. bonzob2000

bonzob2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, agreed. Seems like they didn't have any effects shots finished in time for that teaser, but they had a cool overhead shot of a bunch of SHIELD guys outside a shack, so they added a green glow to sort of indicate... "hey, the hulk's in that shack!" It looks like the exact same shot is shown in the latest trailer, only there's no glow anymore. And why would it be glowing green anyway? Hulk isn't lit from within or something. But who knows? Could be wrong.

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Also remember the shot in the Predators trailer where Adrien Brody is lit up by bunches of the Predator shoulder cannon lasers? That was never in the movie but the shot is there except they faked all the multiple laser sights trained on Royce.

I think this is the same concept. They faked us out with that green glow from the hideout. Every indication is that there is no hulk out in this scene.

5. Anti Goku

Anti Goku Well-Known Member

Those buttcheeks

6. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

I do remember that and I remember being annoyed when I left the theater and realized it wasn't in there. I hate that ****.

7. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

From Joss Whedon's Latest Interview:

8. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo Guitarist

All TV shows beat all comics in popularity. I'm talking about relative popularity. The Hulk TV was not a huge hit as it has been described. Obviously more people watched it than read any comic book. But relative to other TV shows, it was not as big a hit as the Hulk comic was relative to other comic books.
    Ferrigno was speaking about it in a very passionate way...I don't think it's something he made up in his head and then got upset about. Does he strike you as being that insane?

I hope you don't believe Johnson would be forthcoming about the decision being made because the name "Bruce" sounded too "gayish". There is no way he could admit that in public.
    So you think it would not be ridiculous to have a red Hulk? I'm curious about that.

How about one of these for Batman? They appeared in his book.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Every TV show is seen by more people than read comic books. More people watched the Batman TV show than read the comic too....would you want a Batman movie to use your logic there? Thank god the Spider-Man movies didn't follow the example of that horrible TV show (made by the same people who made the Hulk TV show)

I agree (especially since I'm such a hard-core Bruce Lee fan)...but that name did have that stigma for some reason.
    http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=308654
    http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=75;t=000898;p=1
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100222092416AAHoYP7
    http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html?t=10712414#page:showThread,10712414

Oh I know about how the TV show managed to distort the Hulk's image in popular culture, but that version still did not resonate with the public enough to become a hit TV show. Similarly, the movie versions...taking cues from the TV version...did not become big hits either. (relatively speaking...making over $100 million domestic is a pretty big hit in other genres)

So that's why I scoff at any notion that the public is not interested in the Hulk character...he hasn't been put onscreen yet to find out. I think the public wants to like him...witness the huge opening weekend of Ang Lee's Hulk....and the fact that the Hulk is the character most people seem interested in for the Avengers trailers. If anyone ever actually makes the Hulk into an interesting character, it could do very well at the box office.

9. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo Guitarist

I hope he also means the way the Hulk's character was portrayed as much as his look. Whedon strikes me as the type who knows how important character is though.

10. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Indeed; based on what we've heard about the Character's take in the film so far, it seems like they're on the right direction.

The hulk is treated as an entirely separate entity from Banner, while being more intelligent and self conscious of himself than previous takes, and potentially has more dialogue and lines than the last two hulk films combined. And it appears that the Hulk may have more heroic characteristics than his film predecessors as well.

11. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

Sounds more and more like we are going to get Solid time for everyone in the film with a few like the Hulk getting to shine brighter than ever before. Exciting!

12. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah there's more to Hulk than being angry and smashing things, I wish the ignorant ass GA would hurry up realize that already (lol).

13. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

I get the feeling that when Banner says "We're not a team, we're a time bomb" he's not referring to the Avengers... :bh:

14. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Gotta be....he in more control, to be talking about himself.

15. JeetKuneDo

JeetKuneDo Guitarist

He may be including himself in the mix...but I get the feeling Stark vs everyone and Thor vs Cap is a factor too. Whedon seems very interested in talking about how this team is dysfunctional.

16. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

Man, Whedon's really making me hyped for Hulk in this film. I sort of hopes he does a Hulk movie after this.

17. Gamma Burst

Gamma Burst Well-Known Member

Sounds like we'll really get the best Hulk yet!

18. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

It'd be awesome if whedon decided to team up with ruffalo and make tih2. But I think there are other directors suited for a great hulk film.

19. fixxxer1022

fixxxer1022 Well-Known Member

off topic but is the hulk tv series still a go based on the avengers hulk? i haven't heard much news on it.

20. Anti Goku

Anti Goku Well-Known Member

The way hulk is being hyped in the avengers by whedon is all the more reason for another hulk movie

21. Smashlilman

Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

I don't trust any writer or directors with Hulk right now (out side of Whedon). The writers and directors that don't understand the comic book Hulk will either default back to using the TV series for inspiration (Louis Leterrier) or they will just make up a bunch of creative BS that doesn't match up with what the Hulk should be (Ang Lee).

No idea

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  22. ThePowerCosmic

I really want to see the Leader, but I feel like they should move onto other characters before giving Hulk a sequel.

23. Gamma Ra

Gamma Ra Well-Known Member

This is due to the fact he at least understands Hulk's appeal with the comic book audience.

Whether the television show distorted Hulk's comic book image with popular culture or not...the show still has a successful impact for a couple of generations giving the Hulk world wide exposure. The show worked for that time, but should not have influenced the big screen movie franchise, I agree. I've always maintained that Marvel and Hulk movie makers should reference the comic books instead of the television show and maybe...just maybe...a vocal Hulk with a personality and bad a$$ attitude would have won the crowd over.

I will spread the word. This is why only directors and writers who have read and enjoyed comic book films should work on them. I understand directors wanting their vision, but not at the coast of an Abomination that turns out looking like crap...literally.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  24. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I thought Abomination looked much more badass in TIH than he does in the comics, but that's just my opinion.

25. sabetoonth

sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

Yea, and to be honest, I think he made more sense in the context of how he became the Abomination, an exaggerated humanoid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.