• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that. Meatheads in the gym can be pretty *****ey and creepy. Rule #1 is to be coy about looking. Don't be like this...

OaE1geZ.gif

Side note, anyone have advice on how to build chest and shoulders without a bench? I have 20 lb dumbbells but that's it. I've been doing elevated pushups, decline pushups, and inverted pushups, in low reps (Taking them really slow to make them difficult) but I'm not seeing enough gains from my chest. Any advice?

I don't doubt that. Meatheads in the gym can be pretty *****ey and creepy. Rule #1 is to be coy about looking. Don't be like this...

OaE1geZ.gif
They weren't even meatheads, just regular guys. :funny:

IME, guys don't know how to be coy while looking. Once I caught my husband staring after some hot chicks in short dresses and heels and he was SO obvious and so oblivious about his obviousness that I :lmao: every time I think about it.

Side note, anyone have advice on how to build chest and shoulders without a bench? I have 20 lb dumbbells but that's it. I've been doing elevated pushups, decline pushups, and inverted pushups, in low reps (Taking them really slow to make them difficult) but I'm not seeing enough gains from my chest. Any advice?

Are you talking about doing exercises at home? Or do you mean simply forgoing a bench at a gym?

You could try chin ups, or altering the angle of how you do push ups (it often works well with a push ups bar) or using TRX bands if your gym has them. I don't know what you have/ where you're training so difficult to say.

This is a moot point for me, but for anyone else here with muscles (especially around the chest area), here's a question for you: hairy chest or not?

Are you talking about doing exercises at home? Or do you mean simply forgoing a bench at a gym?

You could try chin ups, or altering the angle of how you do push ups (it often works well with a push ups bar) or using TRX bands if your gym has them. I don't know what you have/ where you're training so difficult to say.
Excercise at home. I can't drive yet so going to a gym isn't really an option. I can do chin ups, but I can only do close- gripped ones because I'm doing them on a broken limb of a tree.:funny: Rocky style! Lol. I might try the bands, I think I have some of those.

This is a moot point for me, but for anyone else here with muscles (especially around the chest area), here's a question for you: hairy chest or not?

I'm only 17 but I don't think I have a single hair on my chest.:funny:

I'm only 17 but I don't think I have a single hair on my chest.:funny:

My husband is in his 30s and I think he has like, 5 hairs on his chest total. :funny:

Whatever you body does, just go with it. Everyone drooled over Henry Cavill and his hairy chest on MOS. If you're not hairy, then you can pretend you're a fitness model. :cwink: If you're hairy everywhere but your chest, it's going to look really weird.

I think hairy looks better, especially if you're going bearmode. If you're going aesthetic, then wax it off.

My husband is in his 30s and I think he has like, 5 hairs on his chest total. :funny:

Whatever you body does, just go with it. Everyone drooled over Henry Cavill and his hairy chest on MOS. If you're not hairy, then you can pretend you're a fitness model. :cwink: If you're hairy everywhere but your chest, it's going to look really weird.

I'm not complaining, hairy chests are ew to me.:funny:

I have a decent chest and have some hair. Use to be really hairy, but shaved some off.

I only have a small patch between the pecs, just above the solar plexus area.

I don't have any chest or back hair. I have leg hair and a bit of arm hair, but not too much. But I don't think I can suddenly shave off my leg hair to match with my chest (even though I swim a lot) because a) it will itch like hell; b) people have already seen me with leg hair before for other sports, so they'll wonder where it's suddenly all gone, and c) it might look too girly.

I just wondered if some people deliberately shave off their chest hair here to show off their muscles more. I don't recall the likes of Steven Amell in Arrow having chest hair, or Justin Hartley in Smallville either. I don't think Tom Welling had either, if I recall correctly.

They weren't even meatheads, just regular guys. :funny:

IME, guys don't know how to be coy while looking. Once I caught my husband staring after some hot chicks in short dresses and heels and he was SO obvious and so oblivious about his obviousness that I :lmao: every time I think about it.

I could try to argue this, but you're right. I'm not even going to lie. When I am out and I see a fine girl, I can't help but to be obvious and do a triple take. This is especially embarrassing when I am hanging out with female friends. They look at me and go "come on now."

:o

I usually buzz my hair every week to two weeks depending on how I feel. When I do that, I usually shave my chest and the rest of my upper body. I just feel clean and more confident. Maybe that sounds feminine, but it's true. And since I sweat profusely on my armpits, it's a necessity to keep those hairs slim to none.

I could try to argue this, but you're right. I'm not even going to lie. When I am out and I see a fine girl, I can't help but to be obvious and do a triple take. This is especially embarrassing when I am hanging out with female friends. They look at me and go "come on now."

I usually buzz my hair every week to two weeks depending on how I feel. When I do that, I usually shave my chest and the rest of my upper body. I just feel clean and more confident. Maybe that sounds feminine, but it's true. And since I sweat profusely on my armpits, it's a necessity to keep those hairs slim to none.

Reflective sunglasses are whatcha gotta get bro, then just look out the sides.:oldrazz:

I finally got triangle pose down, which is especially difficult for a man of my size. I'm about 90% of the way there on my reverse triangle, but it still needs some fine-tuning.

I don't have any chest or back hair. I have leg hair and a bit of arm hair, but not too much. But I don't think I can suddenly shave off my leg hair to match with my chest (even though I swim a lot) because a) it will itch like hell; b) people have already seen me with leg hair before for other sports, so they'll wonder where it's suddenly all gone, and c) it might look too girly.

I just wondered if some people deliberately shave off their chest hair here to show off their muscles more. I don't recall the likes of Steven Amell in Arrow having chest hair, or Justin Hartley in Smallville either. I don't think Tom Welling had either, if I recall correctly.
My husband has visible leg hair, but his arm hair is blonde so it's less visible. Bodies just do their own thing. :oldrazz:

I think most guys keep their leg hair, cause yeah, normally only women shave their legs. I have heard of swimmers shaving everywhere, because they will do anything to cut down on drag.

It's a good laugh, lemme tell you! :funny:

Reflective sunglasses are whatcha gotta get bro, then just look out the sides.:oldrazz:
Yup, totally.

My husband has visible leg hair, but his arm hair is blonde so it's less visible. Bodies just do their own thing. :oldrazz:

I think most guys keep their leg hair, cause yeah, normally only women shave their legs. I have heard of swimmers shaving everywhere, because they will do anything to cut down on drag.

Yup, totally.

I don't actually check girls out that much..Not in a creepy way... STOP ACTING DISAPPOINTED ANITA I NEED YOUR APPROVAL.:o

You just don't think you do. :cwink:

Okay I do..But not in a "I'd bone that way." moreso in a "Oooooh I like her hair" way. I'm straight I swear.:o Okay sometimes in a "I would enjoy making out with her." way...Maybe more often than sometimes...STOP JUDGING MEEEE.:waa: :oldrazz:

I check out hot girls in the swimming pool while underwater. :oldrazz:

It's probably not the best head position while swimming because it means I have to look ahead or to the side and therefore I'm not as streamlined, but at least it makes a length more interesting, and it's a good way to look for longer than one might otherwise get. :cwink:

When in the gym, if I want to check out a girl, I'll usually try to position my exercise so that it's facing in her direction and then look every now and again.

Yup, totally.

I would actually prefer slightly less leg hair. If I had the choice, I would prefer it didn't grow on my thighs but more just on my lower legs. Or at least that it weren't as hairy there. I don't think all guys have hair on their thighs, and it probably shows off their leg muscles more and also helps them to tan better. I keep my armpits fairly short or even sometimes shaven but it's a bother to do that too often.

Last edited:

I just like to keep the status quo... :woot:

Thanks. I'll check out those brands.

I'm getting a pair of lycra/spandex speedos. I don't care if they're brief. I'm fed up of wearing board shorts which completely drag in the pool and feel really wet and soggy. I can pull off the speedo look anyway.

Images as promised.... :yay:

underarmour.jpg

nike.jpg
I like a snug fit. So even though a medium would most likely look okay. I buy the size below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"