The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha :oldrazz: Yeah it's a good song :cwink:
I listen to rock music myself, something with a high tempo. But normally I don't listen to music at all while I run.

I love cheesy 80s music when I run, it's either that or rock and metal. I have a big ole playlist for it. What kinda music do you listen to when you run?

Yeah I can listen to 80s music as well lol, when I run it has to be something that gets me pumped up, and it's a plus if it's easy to sing along to. Stuff like Airbourne, Hoobastank, Avenged Sevenfold, Acdc. Stuff like that.

Yeah I can listen to 80s music as well lol, when I run it has to be something that gets me pumped up, and it's a plus if it's easy to sing along to. Stuff like Airbourne, Hoobastank, Avenged Sevenfold, Acdc. Stuff like that.

I love A7X! Bat Country is on my workout playlist.:woot:

Anyone know how to tone my mid section to get abs? I jump rope 30 mins 4 times a week for the past month. I hate running. Any suggestions?

A good diet, proper sleep and rest days are just as (if not more so) important as the training... A "sad" fact but very, very true...

Also, fat around the belly is the hardest thing to get rid of as that is where it likes to go (and stay) on us guys. I'm pretty toned these days, but I still feel a "little soggy" around the mid section. It is going, but it is slow work and I reckon it will be at least another 6 months before I see a marked reduction.

Last edited:

I recently got myself the "Definitive 80's" album. 50 songs for just £9.99. And I like just about every single one of them! It is my go to album when I am working out at the moment... :woot:

I love A7X! Bat Country is on my workout playlist.:woot:

Nice :woot: I honestly haven't really listened to that many of their albums yet but they are pretty good.

I recently got myself the "Definitive 80's" album. 50 songs for just £9.99. And I like just about every single one of them! It is my go to album when I am working out at the moment... :woot:

A lot of hits from the 80s are actually really good and catchy :word:

Well cutting season is in full effect for me, I actually enjoy it when I do cardio it really affects my overall mood and motivation, I just make sure to not over do it, 4 days a week of LSD and one day of HIIT currently.

I'm having gym and chlorine withdrawal symptoms today.

Gotta back back on the chlorine slowly... You don't wanna go cold turkey. :cwink:

Well cutting season is in full effect for me, I actually enjoy it when I do cardio it really affects my overall mood and motivation, I just make sure to not over do it, 4 days a week of LSD and one day of HIIT currently.

:eek:
LSD is a helluva drug! :cwink:

I'm having some serious DOMS right now. My legs, back and somewhere in my ribcage area (either obliques or maybe serratus). Anyhow, some days it can feel nice to have a little bit of DOMS but now is not one of those times. Urgh.

Indeed. I don't know if any of you run barefoot or in vibrams/similar shoes, but oh the soreness in the calves are not from this world.

Not familiar with vibrams. But what I get from the name is that they shake the s**t out of legs when you run?

Haha :woot:

Look here

[YT]L-KHIFeE4Xg[/YT]

Depending on which model one wears it's almost as being barefoot, but you don't have to worry about getting dirty feet or stepping on something sharp or whatever.

*Note to self*
Research before posting stupid comments...
:yay:

*Note to self*
Research before posting stupid comments...
:yay:

Haha, you remind me of me, maybe that's why I like you :woot:

(Is that a narcissistic trait?)

I shouldn't worry Retro, I'd have probably thought vibrams five fingers was some kind of new "ladies toy" that brings pleasure when they run...

Five fingers sounded a bit painful though :hmm

At least you looked up DOMS, that could stand for quite a few things that would be better off not posted here :hehe:

I'm just about to start some light pre-training training and stretching and get back in the pool and on my bike too. I've had the all clear on some injuries at last so I can make a slow start. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm going to try and get in good shape for summer. I need to lose about 8-10 pounds of fat and hope to gain quite a bit of muscle back. My body should respond pretty well as I've been unable to do any fitness or activity at all for a long time.

I'm going to take it steady and make sure I perform all exercises and activity with good technique and form so I can minimise injury and also to get the best results. I will have to relearn that mind-muscle connection thing too which I find gives great results. (I shall become one again with mind, body, soul and the force!)

Can anyone advise me about what exercises to stick to as I'm thinking I should do the main ones only at the moment and also train the whole body in each session. Should I do this or should I split things up right from the get go?

Also I'm in two minds about using creatine from when I start training for the first maybe three months, or leave the creatine for a while and just stick to a good diet and use protein powder?

I have trained in the past and have been in good shape but I've never gone further than training my whole body two or three times a week, I did notice that this does lead to a sticking point and then I just maintained a good level of fitness and muscle.

Any advice and support would be great guys as it's hard to get back into that mindset and discipline that I once had. (I'm thinking about Friday night curry night already and a few cold ones!) I must stay strong!

Maybe I should start Monday and keep a training/diet diary?

Going to post this here because the posters of this thread probably know who she is. Me with IFBB pro Michelle Lewin

10173613_667779753258863_3424170960837511485_n.jpg

She comes to the gym I work at all the time.

I shouldn't worry Retro, I'd have probably thought vibrams five fingers was some kind of new "ladies toy" that brings pleasure when they run...

At least you looked up DOMS, that could stand for quite a few things that would be better off not posted here :hehe:

I'm just about to start some light pre-training training and stretching and get back in the pool and on my bike too. I've had the all clear on some injuries at last so I can make a slow start. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm going to try and get in good shape for summer. I need to lose about 8-10 pounds of fat and hope to gain quite a bit of muscle back. My body should respond pretty well as I've been unable to do any fitness or activity at all for a long time.

I'm going to take it steady and make sure I perform all exercises and activity with good technique and form so I can minimise injury and also to get the best results. I will have to relearn that mind-muscle connection thing too which I find gives great results. (I shall become one again with mind, body, soul and the force!)

Can anyone advise me about what exercises to stick to as I'm thinking I should do the main ones only at the moment and also train the whole body in each session. Should I do this or should I split things up right from the get go?

Also I'm in two minds about using creatine from when I start training for the first maybe three months, or leave the creatine for a while and just stick to a good diet and use protein powder?

I have trained in the past and have been in good shape but I've never gone further than training my whole body two or three times a week, I did notice that this does lead to a sticking point and then I just maintained a good level of fitness and muscle.

Any advice and support would be great guys as it's hard to get back into that mindset and discipline that I once had. (I'm thinking about Friday night curry night already and a few cold ones!) I must stay strong!

It isn't that? Well they should invent that then. It will bring a lot more passion to the sport.

If you're looking to gain muscle, you'll have to accept you'll put on a bit of BF too. It just goes with the territory, unless you're diet is amazing, because fundamentally, you need more calories to build muscle.

As to protein powders, provided you have a diet that gives you enough protein, you shouldn't really need it but, if you're desperate, every little helps.

In regards to creatine, I think it would be better to leave it a couple weeks.

In terms of training, I always go for isolated days, so I have a leg day, chest day, back day, shoulders day. I vastly prefer it to full body, I'm able to build faster doing it and really concentrate on the targeted areas.

What weight and rough bf are you, and what would you like to be?

It isn't that? Well they should invent that then. It will bring a lot more passion to the sport.

True

I reckon it has been invented by female athletes and inventors about 300'000 times already. They just can't get any companies to market the product hahaha.

I bet it hasn't stopped them trying out self made prototypes though :woot:

Brings new meaning to getting a buzzzz from training...:hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back