• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics. How is the neck on it though, if it is a snug fit? I don't like clothing where I can't even get my head through it, and it feels like a struggle to get my shoulders through as well.

Ideally I need a lower neckline (more of a "V") shape.

Also, if you get the size smaller than medium, isn't it really tight under the arms where your lats would be?

I think I would need to try these types of clothing in a store first rather than just buy online.

^^^
They aren't particularly tight on the neck, but yes, it is a push to get your head through!
As both items are Lycra/Spandex, there is a lot of stretch there. So tightness around the lats or anywhere else is not an issue, at least for me.

I always buy these types of clothing in the store. Never on-line. You just don't know how the fit is going to be.

Although I can't say for certain, it would seem likely that there are different styles of neckline available in this material.

I'm on the look out for a Superman themed UnderArmour "Alter Ego" top. Unfortunately the one I want is only available through the US web site. So delivery and import duty will be a real b**ch...

*incoming *****ey comment*

I'm all for ladies in the gym wearing yoga pants/leggings. Well, unless you don't look good in them. The whole "it's so comfortable" thing is such a lame excuse. You know damn well why you're wearing those pants.

when guys say things like that or "dont wear yoga pants unless you do yoga" i like to remind them that they wear muscle shirts but do not have them so it's the same thing

i do not wear yoga pants, but if there's one recurring thing said about them by the people i know that do, it is that theyre extremely comfortable

10150749_1430043683915140_4029332779932299995_n.jpg

Anyone know how to tone my mid section to get abs? I jump rope 30 mins 4 times a week for the past month. I hate running. Any suggestions?

Anyone know how to tone my mid section to get abs? I jump rope 30 mins 4 times a week for the past month. I hate running. Any suggestions?

Well it's a combination of building those muscles up, and burning stomach fat. And to burn stomach fat, you have to burn all fat. You can't just burn fat in one area.
Here are some workouts to build those areas:

05660a839b874c07452c999a27b5f8fd.jpg

As far as burning the fat, jump rope is good. Why do you hate running? I listen to cheesy 80s music and pretend I'm running to save the princess. She's holding out for a hero til the end of the night, so I must save her.:o

Other options:
Swimming
Riding a Bike
Dancing (Chicks dig guys that can dance, don't hate)
Tennis
Elliptical Machine (Not running exactly.:oldrazz: )
There are others but maybe that'll give you some ideas.

I thought you used to run for hours. I suggest looking at some abs workouts on YouTube. But really, in order for them to even show, you need to burn off any body fat, which is really going to come from cardio. But since you don't like running, and you don't swim, I don't really know what other things to suggest. Maybe try an aerobics class.

I listen to cheesy 80s music and pretend I'm running to save the princess. She's holding out for a hero til the end of the night, so I must save her.:o

I've started listening to James Bond soundtracks while swimming, particularly ones like Thunderball and all the old John Barry themes. I pretend I'm in an underwater battle and attacking other frogmen with a harpoon, trying to defuse an underwater bomb or encountering Bond girls under the sea.

I've started listening to James Bond soundtracks while swimming, particularly ones like Thunderball and all the old John Barry themes. I pretend I'm in an underwater battle and attacking other frogmen with a harpoon, trying to defuse an underwater bomb or encountering Bond girls under the sea.

You're my hero.:hrt:

I did love running, but having to work a 12 hr shift, running isn't an option after that. At the gym I can just grab a jump rope and build a sweat. Plus, I use to do an hour on the treadmill and never saw results. Thanks for the suggestions Webhead and Raven.

I did love running, but having to work a 12 hr shift, running isn't an option after that. At the gym I can just grab a jump rope and build a sweat. Plus, I use to do an hour on the treadmill and never saw results. Thanks for the suggestions Webhead and Raven.

You could always be like Dwight and only sit on an aerobic ball.:oldrazz:
hqdefault.jpg

The treadmill is dull. I don't even use that for cardio now. All I ever use it for is just to maintain some level of running ability. However, I tend to use the rowing machine, but get the best fat burning results from swimming. Not that there's much to burn now. But it's far more effective and efficient than spending an hour on the treadmill. Any fat will come off rapidly. I personally think that's the fastest way if you're wanting to burn as quickly as possible.

does anyone hear have any wireless headphones? or perhaps can suggest some good ones?

i'm looking for some, but i also want to make sure that i can wear them in the sauna, so they'd have to be able to withstand the temperature

So, you all see my body. I want to look like Dwayne Johnson. What do I need to work on most? I'm 6 ft and 195 lbs. I want to get bigger and look like his body as much as I can.

So, you all see my body. I want to look like Dwayne Johnson. What do I need to work on most? I'm 6 ft and 195 lbs. I want to get bigger and look like his body as much as I can.

Chest, Shoulders, and Abs. Your arms aren't like Rock sized yet but I think they're closer than the rest. But I'm lanky so my opinion might be skewed.:oldrazz:

it's going to take a lot of time, dedication, hard work and protein

he's been working on his body pretty much his whole life, from highschool to a division 1 college athlete to the man-wall he is today

Yeah, it's definitely going to take many years to reach that status. It's also going to take a lot of money. The sheer amounts of calories you'll have to consume is mind numbing.

Yeah, it's definitely going to take many years to reach that status. It's also going to take a lot of money. The sheer amounts of calories you'll have to consume is mind numbing.

As a hardgainer, I can testify to this. Unless you're willing to eat like 13 peanut butter sandwiches a day, it'll get expensive.

I thought you used to run for hours. I suggest looking at some abs workouts on YouTube. But really, in order for them to even show, you need to burn off any body fat, which is really going to come from cardio. But since you don't like running, and you don't swim, I don't really know what other things to suggest. Maybe try an aerobics class.

In order to bypass cardio, he could eat healthy and at a caloric deficit. Lifting in super-sets will really get the fat to burn more as well.

As a hardgainer, I can testify to this. Unless you're willing to eat like 13 peanut butter sandwiches a day, it'll get expensive.

Ugh. I couldn't do that. Imagine how much the Rock has to eat everyday simply to maintain. It's just not practical for us mere mortals.

In order to bypass cardio, he could eat healthy and at a caloric deficit. Lifting in super-sets will really get the fat to burn more as well.

considering the things he's posted and other goals in the past, i think this might be the route he'd want to take

Ugh. I couldn't do that. Imagine how much the Rock has to eat everyday simply to maintain. It's just not practical for us mere mortals.

I can't either. I have to mix in pasta and my calory bomb shakes to even possibly manage.

I get the feeling he wants to increase muscle mass too, so eating at a calorific deficit won't assist that. But he's going to have to do one or the other at some point as he can't spot reduce fat, which none of us can unfortunately.

As far as burning the fat, jump rope is good. Why do you hate running? I listen to cheesy 80s music and pretend I'm running to save the princess. She's holding out for a hero til the end of the night, so I must save her.:o

Other options:
Swimming
Riding a Bike
Dancing (Chicks dig guys that can dance, don't hate)
Tennis
Elliptical Machine (Not running exactly.:oldrazz: )
There are others but maybe that'll give you some ideas.

Haha :woot:

Haha :oldrazz: Yeah it's a good song :cwink:
I listen to rock music myself, something with a high tempo. But normally I don't listen to music at all while I run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"