The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

I have learnt that in terms of fat loss, general fitness improvement and lack of impact injury, walking is pretty much at the top of the list of things to do.
Twas quite a revelation for me...
Keep at it @MissMarvelous87
I think you need to do a lot of walking to notice a significant difference, but I swear by it. Low intensity movement that you can keep up for hours every day burns fat calories efficiently without massive refuelling needs or stripping off hard-earned muscle (2 potential drawbacks of lengthy cardio - although cardio is vital for other reasons). Since I've been walking and doing the cross trainer when indoors (similar to walking with even less impact & uses upper body too, but no great outdoors and fresh air) and weights regularly, I've been visibly losing fat very consistently even as I've been gaining weight (from doing weights). That's with a clean diet of fruit, veg & protein, plus takeaways and chocs/ice cream at least twice a week - so both good and bad with nothing in between. :D

You know how I have been trying to get back into shape since the beginning of February.
I lost all of my unwanted weight, with the exception of a couple of pounds, by just using a x-trainer in my workshop and going for walks, doing both every day.

Oh yeah, and logging all of my exercise and food using MFP.
Can't rate their website highly enough!
Yeah, that's it. Good diet, regular low intensity training (walking and cross-trainer) and resistance exercise is the key IMO. People should do cardio for heart health and that unbeatable feelgood factor too (also amazing mentally), but I wouldn't do it as the primary weight loss/fat loss/improving body aesthetics mechanism.

@Iceman
I’ve consistently gotten stronger and leaner these past three weeks or so since being back at the gym.
Slow gains to be sure, but gains nevertheless...
Have incorporated some HIIT stuff in with the strength training too. So hopefully I’ve got a bit of all the bases covered!

Edit
As for the walking, I agree. You need to do at least 4/5 miles each walk for it to have a marked effect.
So I try to do anywhere between 4-10 miles each time dependant upon how I feel and how much time I have to spare.

Last edited:
@Iceman
I’ve consistently gotten stronger and leaner these past three weeks or so since being back at the gym.
Slow gains to be sure, but gains nevertheless...
Have incorporated some HIIT stuff in with the strength training to. So hopefully I’ve got a bit of all the bases covered!

Edit
As for the walking, I agree. You need to do at least 4/5 miles each walk for it to have a marked effect.
So I try to do anywhere between 4-10 miles each time dependant upon how I feel and how much time I have to spare.
Excellent! Your progress has been amazing to watch. I thought you might have trouble sticking to your strict programme to get down to a very ambitious weight goal, and now you are continuing to improve yourself even after. I'm very impressed and long may it continue. :up:

I'd echo the sentiment about walking; as I do a fair amount of it. @Iceman can vouch for that via my Strava feed. o_O

Naturally though, unlike a 10k run or 15mile cycle, you've got to put a fair bit of time aside if you want to get out for a decent length walk. Thankfully I have ample time on my hands and get out when I can. I'm certainly no stranger to 8, 10, 15 or even 20mile strolls.

To pop on a playlist or podcast and just wander around is great for the soul. I'll swear by it. Pick a good day too, and you can treat yourself to an ice cream on the route. :cool:

I'd echo the sentiment about walking; as I do a fair amount of it. @Iceman can vouch for that via my Strava feed. o_O

Naturally though, unlike a 10k run or 15mile cycle, you've got to put a fair bit of time aside if you want to get out for a decent length walk. Thankfully I have ample time on my hands and get out when I can. I'm certainly no stranger to 8, 10, 15 or even 20mile strolls.

To pop on a playlist or podcast and just wander around is great for the soul. I'll swear by it. Pick a good day too, and you can treat yourself to an ice cream on the route. :cool:
Haha, yep.

It feels so good on a lovely day walking through a wide variety of great places and seeing everyone in a good mood, especially when you've covered a lot of ground.

I haven't put any of my recent walks on my strava feed. When I do the whole London one I want to have a record of my route - but I'm worried about battery life of the apple watch during a workout that long (pretty much all day) or even the phone with continuous GPS while recording a workout. Trying to find some continuous charging options for the phone as the ones for the watch watch means having to take the watch off and pause the workout (as it charges from the base that is touching your wrist).

I see your cookies, and I raise you millionaire shortbread.

I'll take that bet, see it and raise you Keto Chocolate Nut Fat Bombs... I don't have a picture yet as I haven't finished making them yet!
But here's a photo of the recipe...
Marks Fat Bombs.PNG
Actually they should end up looking something like this...
coconut-chocolate-keto-fat-bombs-coconut-balls.jpg

I'll take that bet, see it and raise you Keto Chocolate Nut Fat Bombs... I don't have a picture yet as I haven't finished making them yet!
But here's a photo of the recipe...
View attachment 45678
Actually they should end up looking something like this...
View attachment 45679
I'm afraid you lose. Why you ask? Because I dislike anything coconut. I won't even touch a Bounty Brownie.

How many of those per serving? Those look good enough! Yeah, yeah... enough because those are "healthy" so it's impossible those taste as delicious as they should.
There should be about 10 bombs from the batch I have made. I reckon each will be about the size of a ferrero rocher and around 250 Kcals of (healthy) fatty goodness... :D

I haven’t finished making them yet, how can I know what they taste like...? :wow:

Just ran home from work for the first time in a good while.

@MissMarvelous87
@Flash525

Annnnnnnddddddd here's Johnny! (my healthy fat bombs)

2021-05-14 11.11.10.jpg

They are bloody messy buggers when attaching the coconut flakes. Do you have any idea how long it takes to put each one on, dammit?!? :cwink:

Anyways, as I am on OMAD as well as a ketogenic diet? It will be around 9pm tonight before I get to sample one. :(

Edit:
From having had to lick my fingers several times as you have to have clean hands each time for the coconut coating work. I can tell you that if you have a very sweet tooth, you will most likely be disappointed in these! Even for me, whose main treat is 85% cocoa chocolate bars , it will probably be an acquired taste...

I can tell you that if you have a very sweet tooth, you will most likely be disappointed in these!

It was a given! I tried to warn you... But you're healthy like that :p

Can't remember if your recipe calls for dates, people swear by them. I no longer try "magical healthy" recipes because those are tastes and textures I'm not used to and will never be. I tried, once, the infamous avocado/chocolate mousse and it was disgusting! Just have a regular chocolate mousse, a small portion and be done with it.

Managed a spontaneous 5mile run yesterday, and it felt good! I've gotta remember that I'm still in recovery mode, and thus shouldn't be doing much more than that at the moment, especially as I'm practically limiting myself to one run a week until my body alignment sorts itself out. Progress is progress though.

Normally I'd mention a cycle ride or two, but the weather in England at the moment (in the middle of may no less) has been all over the place. I went for a 6mile stroll this afternoon; the forecast said wet all day, and it hadn't rained from 11am, so about 2pm off I went. 5miles in, the clouds did indeed catch up with me and the rest ... well, I'm pretty sure that can be worked out. Suffice to say, if I'd taken some shampoo with me, I could've saved a little on the water bill. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm moving to a place with a gym in a couple weeks, and to prepare I've been walking for 4 hours a day and lifting small weights, doing cardio for 2 to 3 hrs for the last couple weeks and already feeling a huge difference.

I'm moving in with my dad at the beginning of june, and he's struggled with his weight for the past couple years, so I've made him promise to buy absolutely 0 junk food, and commit to eating healthy, chicken, salads, and red meat, cut coffee and beer, and drink green shakes for the foreseeable future. I'm probably 160 lbs, 6 feet even so I'm not really looking to lose a ton of weight, but I want to get Hemsworth jacked over the next year or so and inspire my dad to get back in the shape he was in the 80s, or maybe even better. He'd have that Pierce Brosnan/Kurt Russell thing going on now and I have kind of a young Wade Garrett thing going on with the hair and beard, so I'm gonna keep it going until November when I'm ready to see my jawline again, and keep the massive stache.
Wish me luck folks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"