The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been down for a 60's take on the first family, comparisons to The Incredibles be damned, for their introduction and disappearance. The Incredibles are good company and not a hindrance if you ask me. They're family, all be it distant, after all.

Live Action Incredibles isn't a terrible idea for a superhero flick.

I found these extra comments from Reed to be interesting. Pretty much proves what Willie said, its up to him but the man at the top — Kevin Feige.

Here’s his comments which I find interesting.

”It was exciting when they brokered the deal to have Spider-Man come from Sony and be in Civil War and now be in the MCU. Whether it's X-Men characters or Fantastic Four or whoever, I have to believe that Kevin Feige has at least some general idea in his mind about how that could work. I have no idea and I'm not privy to all that but it's exciting as a family."

I would prefer the FF take place in the modern era, but if they did a period 60s FF, I would give it a chance certainly. I just think them being a family out of time has some risks to be too similar to Captain America.

I found these extra comments from Reed to be interesting. Pretty much proves what Willie said, its up to him but the man at the top — Kevin Feige.

Here’s his comments which I find interesting.

”It was exciting when they brokered the deal to have Spider-Man come from Sony and be in Civil War and now be in the MCU. Whether it's X-Men characters or Fantastic Four or whoever, I have to believe that Kevin Feige has at least some general idea in his mind about how that could work. I have no idea and I'm not privy to all that but it's exciting as a family."

Yeah, I think people are getting ahead of themselves by thinking "Peyton Reed = retro film"

At the same time, I think it's good for people to sound off and let Marvel know what they do and don't want. If Marvel's smart (and they seem to be), they should pay attention to what people like us want. Fox couldn't give a s*** and that's a big difference between the two.

I would prefer the FF take place in the modern era, but if they did a period 60s FF, I would give it a chance certainly. I just think them being a family out of time has some risks to be too similar to Captain America.

I wouldn't mind (and I think I'm sort of alone here) a complete three or four film series set entirely in the past... and then 'kill' them or whatever and they could disappear and be brought back at some point 20 years from now or as appropriate.

Of course the problem with that is we want to see Hulk/Thing, Torch/Spidey etc. And, of course, we need to see Dr. Doom taking on everybody - but Doom, as has been mentioned, might be able to cross-over a lot easier.

And that element would be sort of cool - establishing Doom as the ultimate bad-guy in the past then have him popping up to threaten a world that thought they were done with him.

Been lurking and keeping up to date (mostly), but not gone.

Just want to reiterate how happy I am with how things are shaping up...

Next on my cuban brujeria hitlist: Cancellation of FOX's Dark Phoenix.

Yeah, I think people are getting ahead of themselves by thinking "Peyton Reed = retro film"

Yup.

Nothing in that recent Forbes interview suggested anything about a 60's FF.
That was his idea in 2003. We don't know if he's changed his mind about that, or if that's even something Feige would want. How many time displaced heroes is he going to want in his MCU?

One idea of how to make a modern day FF film is basically make Reed’s motivation going out into space tied to the fact there’s still some leftover radiation from the Infinity Stones(after Thanos is defeated in Avengers 4) out there in the cosmos that Reed has discovered, and wants to investigate.

I like the idea of the Fantastic Four origin in the context of the MCU post Avengers 4.

Last edited:
Also, have you guys seen Ant-Man and Wasp?
The stuff Janet [blackout]says when Hank and her finally reunite in person, combined with the whole mid credits scene, the particles Scott collects and the mention of a time vortex... [/blackout]We all know where this is headed, right? We're all on the same page, right?

That's why I hid it, so as not to spoil.
Come back after you've seen it. :D

How do you guys feel about my idea of the Fantastic Four getting their powers from leftover radiation from the Infinity Stones instead of the Cosmic rays like it’s always been in the comics? Is that too much of a change?

Also, have you guys seen Ant-Man and Wasp?
The stuff Janet [blackout]says when Hank and her finally reunite in person, combined with the whole mid credits scene, the particles Scott collects and the mention of a time vortex... [/blackout]We all know where this is headed, right? We're all on the same page, right?

I haven't seen it yet but
I think a lot of rumors from IW 4 seem to be pointing to time-travel.

How do you guys feel about my idea of the Fantastic Four getting their powers from leftover radiation from the Infinity Stones instead of the Cosmic rays like it’s always been in the comics? Is that too much of a change?

Doable.
I don't think it's too much of a change and I'd be okay with it.

Personally though I'd prefer something else. We already have the infinity stones being the catalyst for the Maximofs and Vision and I'd like more diversity in origins.

I'm okay with variations of how they get their power, but I'd like to see it relate to:

1. Exploration
2. Reed charging into something without fully understanding the consequences.

If they can do something like that and tie it to the stones, fine, but I'd like those key characteristics in whatever happens.

I haven't seen it yet but
I think a lot of rumors from IW 4 seem to be pointing to time-travel.

There's more to it than just that. It's that, combined with something else. Something with bigger ramifications.

There's more to it than just that. It's that, combined with something else. Something with bigger ramifications.

:up: Do you want to discuss in more detail under spoiler tags? I haven't seen it yet, but I don't mind spoilers, and I'd be interested in knowing what they might be hinting at.

One idea of how to make a modern day FF film is basically make Reed’s motivation going out into space tied to the fact there’s still some leftover radiation from the Infinity Stones(after Thanos is defeated in Avengers 4) out there in the cosmos that Reed has discovered, and wants to investigate.

I like the idea of the Fantastic Four origin in the context of the MCU post Avengers 4.

I think it makes the most sense for Reed and Ben to be making an experimental commercial space flight, and Sue won the two passenger tickets as part of the fundraiser/publicity campaign.
Well, after two alien invasions in six years, a government-funded spaceship makes more sense, but then they'd have to do something convoluted for the 16-18-year-old kid.

If they do '60s F4, I hope the whole trilogy is set in the past, except for when a broken time machine strands them on 2020s Earth just in time for the Secret Wars film. We already have Captain Popsicle and Captain Marvel.

Won't be able to see Ant-man & The Wasp until August. Always annoying when you have to be wsry of random posts on youtube vids etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"