The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernthal would be pretty great in the movies if they ever let him play in the sandbox

Time to make Comcast an offer they can't refuse, Mr. Iger!

This. With Comcast winning Sky (which is as expected), hopefully it will mean that Disney will now negotiate for Hulk and Namor plus all the Universal theme park rights. And hopefully it will also mean that since Sky isn't a factor anymore, the Disney-Fox deal will get quicker approval now.

And weren't there some other rights (maybe a RSN?) that they could use to negotiate for the Spider-Man rights too?

I’d like to see a D’Onofrio carryover, too. Maybe it could just be a Judi Dench ‘M’ situation and no actual connective tissue.

This. With Comcast winning Sky (which is as expected), hopefully it will mean that Disney will now negotiate for Hulk and Namor plus all the Universal theme park rights. And hopefully it will also mean that since Sky isn't a factor anymore, the Disney-Fox deal will get quicker approval now.

And weren't there some other rights (maybe a RSN?) that they could use to negotiate for the Spider-Man rights too?

Sony has shown interest in Endemol. Fox owns 50% of that and the JV is being sold. Sony may or may not be interested in RSNs, but yeah it could be another asset swap.

I think Disney will only do something after the acquisition closes though.

Sony has shown interest in Endemol. Fox owns 50% of that and the JV is being sold. Sony may or may not be interested in RSNs, but yeah it could be another asset swap.

That was it. Endemol. I couldn't remember what it was.

Hopefully this whole deal will mean that Disney/ Marvel get all the rights back to everything:

1. Disney buys Fox and gets FF, X-Men and Deadpool rights + Endemol + Fox's % of Sky.
2. Disney uses Fox's % of Sky to negotiate with Comcast to get Namor, Hulk and Universal theme park rights.
4. Disney uses Fox's % of Endemol to get Spider-Man back from Sony.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Potential trade to save Spidey! Disney has stop Sony.

Also, do you think Comcast winning helps Disney win approval from the EU

Within the next 3 years Id say its more than likely that Marvel/Disney get Spider-Man,Hulk and Namor back. Reuniting all its characters under one roof is gonna be glorious.

I don't see why they should recast. That's a weakness with the Flash imo. Use the same guy everywhere.

They definitely shouldn't. IMHO, that would just be squandering all of their efforts in making an interconnected universe. It would be like taking us back to where the Marvel movies were in the early 2000s.

Concurrent Daredevils would leave the audiences immensely confuse the audience.

Uhh I don't think the majority of the people watching the movies watch the Netflix shows. And some of the people who do may not even know they're connected.

Jamie Dornan for Matt Murdock

Uhh I don't think the majority of the people watching the movies watch the Netflix shows. And some of the people who do may not even know they're connected.

Cue endless board meetings and contract reviews just like in 50 Shades of Grey. It will be the big screen equivalent of Iron Fist season 1. :o

That was it. Endemol. I couldn't remember what it was.

Hopefully this whole deal will mean that Disney/ Marvel get all the rights back to everything:

1. Disney buys Fox and gets FF, X-Men and Deadpool rights + Endemol + Fox's % of Sky.
2. Disney uses Fox's % of Sky to negotiate with Comcast to get Namor, Hulk and Universal theme park rights.
4. Disney uses Fox's % of Endemol to get Spider-Man back from Sony.

giphy.gif
I believe Fox has many of Dreamworks Animation hit films. Maybe that could sweeten the deal.

Call me greedy but I also want the distribution and digital rights of Ed Norton’s Incredible Hulk as well as the Bill Bixby series.

I believe Fox has many of Dreamworks Animation hit films. Maybe that could sweeten the deal.

Call me greedy but I also want the distribution and digital rights of Ed Norton’s Incredible Hulk as well as the Bill Bixby series.

I'm sure they can throw that in. Maybe we never mention those because we forget about those. But I think we generally mean all Hulk rights when we're talking about that.

They ought to do a new version of the 2008 Incredible Hulk, digitally inserting Mark Ruffalo and his version of the Hulk in there to replace all of Ed Norton's scenes.

And how come Luke Cage never mentions the Hulk/ Abomination fight in Harlem, when he considers that his turf?

Oh I definitely know that. I just don't feel right about undoing so many years of work and undermining such a core element of the MCU.

Cue endless board meetings and contract reviews just like in 50 Shades of Grey. It will be the big screen equivalent of Iron Fist season 1. :o

Exactly this. I think it would also just be an unnecessary headache.

I wouldn’t be upset if they recasted Elodie Yung as Elisabeth Braddock...

I don't think they'd get any better than Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin.

The only thing I would've liked is if he wore lifts like RDJ to make him even taller. Yes 6'4" is tall, but his right hand man whom Karen Page murdered was about the same height. Fisk should tower over everyone else.

The only thing that has me worried about D'Onofrio potentially showing up as Kingpin in the films is they'd would tone his character down to fit in the MCU. Making him less angry and throw in more humour. I like MCU humour but it would not suit Netflix kingpin at all.

I'm sure they can throw that in. Maybe we never mention those because we forget about those. But I think we generally mean all Hulk rights when we're talking about that.

They ought to do a new version of the 2008 Incredible Hulk, digitally inserting Mark Ruffalo and his version of the Hulk in there to replace all of Ed Norton's scenes.

And how come Luke Cage never mentions the Hulk/ Abomination fight in Harlem, when he considers that his turf?

Because that fight happened in 2008, and Luke Cage is way after that.

I don't think the Netflix shows of the Marvel TV shows are going to ever be rebooted into the MCU proper or anything like that. As noted, they have said using the Defenders in IW was at one point discussed. But the fact is, if they planned to use them as movie franchises, they never would have made the shows in the first place. Feige would have vetoed it.The only change I could maybe see coming is the Netflix shows at some point end up on Hulu instead, but as noted based on interviews, it looks like Netflix intends to make sure those shows stay there for a long while.

I honestly much prefer that arrangement myself, anyway. The Daredevil show is just 100 times better than anything a film is going to offer me. Same for Jessica Jones. the only show I could see being rebooted is Inhumans, but ever there, I think they're more likely to just let it fade into obscurity and just not do anything with them. If they do anything like decide Daredevil needs to be a movie series instead, I'd rather they just make a movie with the existing cast and make it a sequel to the show (or at least, leave the events of the show as backstory in the movie). Not a full on reboot. I don't see a point in rebooting any of the shows not named Inhumans, honestly. Heck, I don't even have a problem seeing the shows as they exist now as in the existing MCU. They work within the MCU on a smaller scale just fine for me. Not everything needs to be a 150 mil enterprise with world ending implications. I think these characters occupy the correct place relative to the universe. Them not meeting Iron Man is not a problem for me.

Bernthal would be pretty great in the movies if they ever let him play in the sandbox

I actually doubt it. I don't think they would let him get as gritty and violent as the character needs to be in an MCU feature film. He'd be a neutered Punisher, unlike the proper one we get on Netflix.

20th CF seems to own the VOD rights to most/all Dreamwork animation movies distribution rights. That's something Comcast would want. They don't own other distribution rights though such as DVD, Blu Ray. I'm also pretty sure Comcast owns the streaming distribution rights to it.

I would think if an asset swap happens, it'll include legacy distribution as well.

I wonder if getting Hulk and Namor back would shift the phase 4 slate much? Probably not since Ruffalo is nearing the end of his run. Namor in BP2 tho...This opens up so many doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"