The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... but that Ferris wheel almost fell over and made a big splash when it hit the water!

:up:

Just think, that could have been production art for Rise of The Silver Surfer. . . but no, they decided to take a great concept and do it as s**tty as possible.:csad:

Hey now, don't forget this is the film that gave us such outstanding lines as "Let's all go for a spin." :cwink:

RIP the Fantastic Four forum. It truly was a great place to drown our collective sorrows and frustrations :csad:

RIP the Fantastic Four forum. It truly was a great place to drown our collective sorrows and frustrations :csad:

Yes...but its resurrection is at hand when the F4 are announced back home at Marvel :)

How sad. I think most of us knew it was going to be a bad movie but just how bad and his critics and the bo resounded was great entertainment. The box office thread was the thread that kept on giving.

After Fant4astic, The FF forums became a Mad Max-like wasteland with the anti-Trank/anti-FOX fans reigning supreme, recalling tales of the world before, full of supporters, and a few ocassional supporter popping up and getting slaughtered :D

After Fant4astic, The FF forums became a Mad Max-like wasteland with the anti-Trank/anti-FOX fans reigning supreme, recalling tales of the world before, full of supporters, and a few ocassional supporter popping up and getting slaughtered :D
:funny:

:funny: After several years of reading completely irrational posts from people who defended the indefensible over and over again, I think some of us were hoping for the satisfaction of having people come back and admit: "Yeah, those 1635 posts I had in here were all pretty much complete crap."

. . . but of course that never happened.

But if you search hard enough, you can find the old threads and get a laugh out of just how wrong some people were.:woot:

Hey now, don't forget this is the film that gave us such outstanding lines as "Let's all go for a spin." :cwink:

Ugh don't remind me lol...thinking back to that awesome moment of Doom taking the cosmic power of the Surfer should have been a moment of true Doomness...a moment where he goes into a Doom rant and says things like "At last my destiny will be fulfilled...Doom shall rule with an iron hand, and none shall stop me" etc....and what does he say in its place? Nice!!!

:argh:

"Let's all go for a spin" - the motto of FFINO Defenders. :o

Spin everything negative about the production into something positive.

tumblr_mocr33iYbi1s456p0o1_500.gif

:funny: After several years of reading completely irrational posts from people who defended the indefensible over and over again, I think some of us were hoping for the satisfaction of having people come back and admit: "Yeah, those 1635 posts I had in here were all pretty much complete crap."

But if you search hard enough, you can find the old threads and get a laugh out of just how wrong some people were.:woot:

A few weeks ago I went back and looked at some for kicks and giggles. There was a certain poster screaming to the high heavens that people shouldn't judge a movie before they've seen it, and then almost directly afterwards said "Domashev looks to be a better villain than anything in the MCU". :funny:
Er, what was that about judging a movie before you've seen it?

In fairness I think there were one or two defenders who held up their hands and admitted that they were wrong, of course the rest disappeared without a word. The hard core nutters that you often were never sure if they meant what they were saying or were trolling, the "I can't wait to hear you all apologizing when it has a better RT score than Avengers" group.

Hehe I see CinemaCon is on atm, after giving Fant4stic their Ensemble Award last year I see they are going with the cast of Independence Day: Resurgent this year.

Male Star of the Year – Jesse Eisenberg
Female Stars of the Year – Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Christina Applegate, Kathryn Hahn, and Annie Mumolo
Cinema Icon Award – Susan Sarandon
Ensemble of the Universe Award – Cast of “Independence Day: Resurgence” – Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Maika Monroe, Jessie Usher, Sela Ward, Vivica A. Fox, and Brent Spiner
Male Star of Tomorrow – Stephen Amell
Female Star of Tomorrow – Gina Rodriguez
Producer of the Year – Jason Blum
Comedy Stars of the Year – Zac Efron, Anna Kendrick and Adam DeVine
Breakthrough Director of the Year – Nate Parker, "The Birth of a Nation"
Rising Star of the Year – Jack Huston
CinemaCon Excellence in Acting Award – Bryce Dallas Howard
CinemaCon Vanguard Award – Keanu Reeves
Breakthrough Performer of the Year – Dave Franco

After looking at their awards choices again this year I am still left confused by how they pick who to give their awards to.

Hehe I see CinemaCon is on atm, after giving Fant4stic their Ensemble Award last year I see they are going with the cast of Independence Day: Resurgent this year.

After looking at their awards choices again this year I am still left confused by how they pick who to give their awards to.
Pretty weird random choices, but at least "featuring Cinemacon Male Star of the Year" is something positive for the Bluray cover of BvS

The 2014 "Male Star of the Year" was Adam Sandler.

Not sure about him mainly due to his age, I think Marvel would prefer someone younger.

I want a more traditional FF this time round, especially since they experimented with odd castings last time for FFINO.

Rock's comments were funny/sad:
I love the Fantastic Four and they keep f***ing it up! Like, g*******it. It’s the Fantastic Four,” said Rock.

When Ike Perlmutter had Marvel Studios taken out from under his control many of us suspected the former Toy Biz owner would go quietly into that good night. But not so fast. Ike and his cost cutting ways have had a strong influence in the direction taken Disney Consumer Products and the next generation of leaders at Disney:

A group of leaders on the rise -- including Bob Chapek, who oversees theme parks; Jimmy Pitaro, in charge of consumer and digital products; and TV networks honcho Ben Sherwood -- have restructured their divisions, fired longtime executives or sought to wring more revenue out of the business. Their strategy is in line with that of Ike Perlmutter, who came to Disney with the Marvel Entertainment acquisition seven years ago and built a reputation for controlling costs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cost-cutters-gaining-clout-in-post-staggs-era

Damn it.
Somebody needs to get rid of that guy. Send him to work with Rothman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"