The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the FF/X-Men script has been rumored, but I haven't read anything definite regarding a script. I doubt merging a struggling franchise with a dead one is in the studio's best interests.

Ike may have lost Marvel Studios, but he's still a major player at the Disney. Reports have suggested that he played a key role in removing Tom Staggs from the CEO in waiting role, and is a huge influence on up and coming Disney execs. As a major shareholder, he 's going to make the decision that makes the most money for the Mouse.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/05/disney-bob-iger-stepping-down

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cost-cutters-gaining-clout-in-post-staggs-era
From what I heard there was never plans for X-men/FF crossover. It was a rumor started to try and get x-men fans interested in Fant4stic. When in reality they may no be legally able to do a crossover. The respective rights were two different deals made at two different times and there were no clauses written that states the could have a crossover. Marvel could have gone to court over it. So just a marketing rumor

I know the FF/X-Men script has been rumored, but I haven't read anything definite regarding a script. I doubt merging a struggling franchise with a dead one is in the studio's best interests.

This. The X-Men mostly need Singer and Kinberg to take a backseat and let somebody else take the reigns (particularly Kinberg). The Fantastic Four on the other hand should only be rebooted in the MCU. I know that I would never watch an FF sequel to the current series.

I love the X-men. And generally love the X-men movies I've gotten. I love Apocalypse. Yes, there is justifiable criticisms of the film. But I left the theater more pumped than any of the MCU output ever. One's personal opinions is not reality.

New blood is needed. But that is true for every franchise that is this old. How confident are you of how the MCU will be received when it gets to 16 years old?

That's because Fox actually care about the X-Men. They ultimately didn't care about the Fantastic Four films when they had three tries to get it right. After three attempts in a row, you'd think that they'd just give up already.

It all because of DOFP success. FoX-men fans laughed hard at sony because of ASM2 underperforming Forced sony to make a deal with marvel. And with DOFP success they confident Fox will able to rival Marvel Studios MCU success by their next released movies. But now it seems the situation reversed with Apocalypse set to underperform

Hey Simon, how are you?

Thank you for reminding me why I try to avoid MCU thread. God forbid I like something more than the MCU.

If Kinberg is involved with NM and XForce I just wont watch those movies.
I've despised his writing since Mr & Mrs Smith, I've given him more than enough chances.
No more.

Kinberg is not very involved with New Mutants. Boone has done 2 drafts so far. Unless Boone drops the project, I don't know how much influence Kinberg could have.

Kinberg's most recent comments about the FF being a "big part" of their plans going forward upsets me.

I am curious why everybody seems to just eat up what Kinberg says. It is pretty obvious that he just runs his mouth to point out how "involved" he is. He is about as accurate as Miller was when he was Fox's "Marvel guy".

It all because of DOFP success. FoX-men fans laughed hard at sony because of ASM2 underperforming Forced sony to make a deal with marvel. And with DOFP success they confident Fox will able to rival Marvel Studios MCU success by their next released movies. But now it seems the situation reversed with Apocalypse set to underperform

While Deadpool has over performed. Its like bizarro world.

The AOS forerunners have been Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen from the start, and neither one has had any involvement in the cinematic MCU. The coordination between TV and film has been sorely lacking, but it's not their fault.

Joss Whedon was/ is executive producer directed episodes...

While Deadpool has over performed. Its like bizarro world.

Deadpool was outstanding because fox exec actually "disown" it and let the staff and cast do what they want.
Fox exec was too overconfident with DOFP that they thought they can do anything according to their usual way and confident it will result the same as dofp to rival MCU, however then FFINO come and now Apocalypse come too. Fox might not actually had financial problem ala sony, but seeing how underperformed was their flagship marvel property can make their situation the same as sony with ASM back in 2014

Deadpool 2 won't be as successful because now that it has become a hit, Fox will be more involved. Mark. My. Words.

squirrel.jpg

Joss Whedon was/ is executive producer directed episodes...

Joss Whedon wrote and directed the pilot and then handed the show off to his brother and sister in law. And he is one of the more egregious offenders in regards to the lack of cross pollination between TV and film as it would have made all the sense in the world to put a character or two from AOS onto the damn AOU Helicarrier.

As we've seen, these connected superhero cinematic universes are super hard. Sony/Spidey failed, WB/DC is off to a horrible start, and FOX/X-Men have to dig themselves out of another hole while thanking the good lord they have Deadpool. Even the mighty MCU is facing plateauing BO results and an increasingly obvious disconnect between TV and film. A decade from now we may be looking back at the Golden Age of Superhero Cinema and wondering what the heck we were complaining about.

^ I see Fox are still trying to get Daredevil off the ground.

Tom Rothman seems about as excited about the Daredevil reboot as Kinberg is about punching us in the face with more FFINO:

“We’ve got all the rights. And yes, I think that the thing the Hulk showed although, it did what it did, is that it is possible, that if you really do it right the audience will give you a second chance. That it is possible. And I think that you see that when they did Batman Begins, the first Nolan movie, that you can have made some mistakes along the way or movies that the audience wasn’t that crazy about and then given the proper amount of time and the right creative vision behind it, you can, to use your word, reboot.”

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Joss Whedon wrote and directed the pilot and then handed the show off to his brother and sister in law. And he is one of the more egregious offenders in regards to the lack of cross pollination between TV and film as it would have made all the sense in the world to put a character or two from AOS onto the damn AOU Helicarrier.

As we've seen, these connected superhero cinematic universes are super hard. Sony/Spidey failed, WB/DC is off to a horrible start, and FOX/X-Men have to dig themselves out of another hole while thanking the good lord they have Deadpool. Even the mighty MCU is facing plateauing BO results and an increasingly obvious disconnect between TV and film. A decade from now we may be looking back at the Golden Age of Superhero Cinema and wondering what the heck we were complaining about.
Pretty much everything you said unfortunately... I truely hope the golden age hasn't come and gone.

Kinberg

"I think that there were many decisions we made along the way that led to a movie that people didn’t like and to a movie that I would do differently next time. I think the biggest takeaway for me the tone of the movie, while really interesting and ambitious, ran counter to the DNA of the source material. I think the source material of Fantastic Four is bright, optimistic, poppy in tone. There’s a sort of plucky spirit to those characters, and we made a darker, sort of body-horror kind of version of Fantastic Four, which again as I say it now sounds really interesting and cerebrally ambitious, but isn’t necessarily Fantastic Four."

durr.gif

^Holy crap! It's not like people weren't shouting that from the rooftops over a year before the film came out. The first time I heard "body horror" brought up with that project, I knew it was going to suck.

I find it odd that Kinberg has to even put "necessarily" as a qualifier in there. It's just plain NOT Fantastic Four. No "necessarily" whatsoever.

Point #1: "as I say it now sounds really interesting and cerebrally ambitious" No it doesn't. It only sounds interesting and cerebrally ambitious if you're easily amused and not very cerebral. And I suspect both things are true of Simon Kinberg.

Point #2: "while really interesting and ambitious, ran counter to the DNA of the source material" Okay, so you created something that doesn't have the right DNA. I'll agree with that. You created a sea-cucumber instead of a Kangaroo. So why do you want that DNA to reproduce?:huh: Why do you insist on building on a movie that was completely wrong instead of starting over? Sea-cucumber babies may be different from their parents, but they still aren't going to be Kangaroos.

Point #3: Why does he just seem to be figuring this all out now? Didn't we tell him how wrong their whole plan was all along? If he hadn't been so arrogant, he would have realized how wrong he was long ago and fixed it then instead of waiting until it was too late. And if he wasn't so thick now he wouldn't be trying to continue making the same mistakes by talking about a sequel instead of a drastically different approach.

Last edited:
Kinberg should be a politician. I wonder if his position at the studio is in jeopardy now that the films that he was one of the lead script writers turn out to be major disappointments, and that he was the leading force in bringing in Trank in the first place. As I've mentioned, Kinberg had very little to do with Deadpool. He was a producer but Reynolds, Miller and Reese were the primary driving forces.

Point #3: Why does he just seem to be figuring this all out now? Didn't we tell him how wrong their whole plan was all along? If he hadn't been so arrogant, he would have realized how wrong he was long ago and fixed it then instead of waiting until it was too late. And if he wasn't so thick now he wouldn't be trying to continue making the same mistakes by talking about a sequel instead of a drastically different approach.

Folks crap on Michael Bay, but when TMNT fans freaked out over the Turtles being aliens and Shredder being a white guy he took them seriously and made the changes. It's difficult to accomplish, but Kinberg out-arrogants Michael Bay.

Is that why they are retooling their plans on the ABC TV shows and pulling back on expanding it? Because it's so well recieved?

Hmm, do you post in here just to argue and antagonize? Seriously the entire vibe here changed as soon as you started posting...

The show's days are clearly numbered although saying its portrayal of the Inhumans is terrible has little if anything to do with the MCU films past or present (Heck, future either).

Kinberg is not very involved with New Mutants. Boone has done 2 drafts so far. Unless Boone drops the project, I don't know how much influence Kinberg could have.
Kinberg's presence alone poisons Fox-Marvel momentum. He's in interviews where he should be promoting X-men: Apocalypse but instead he's campaigning to make another Fan4stic film with the same cast.

I'd like to think that XM:A would've done a little better during it's opening 4 day weekend if Simple Simon had kept his dumb mouth shut.

It would have done better if he wasn't involved at all. He isn't a good writer and he sure ain't no Feige.

The sooner Fox wises up to Simple Simon the better.

Folks crap on Michael Bay, but when TMNT fans freaked out over the Turtles being aliens and Shredder being a white guy he took them seriously and made the changes. It's difficult to accomplish, but Kinberg out-arrogants Michael Bay.

That's very true. Even though the new Turtles movie is getting torn apart by the critics, it's going to make bank simply because despite his faults, Bay generally gives the audience what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"