The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinberg's presence alone poisons Fox-Marvel momentum. He's in interviews where he should be promoting X-men: Apocalypse but instead he's campaigning to make another Fan4stic film with the same cast.

I'd like to think that XM:A would've done a little better during it's opening 4 day weekend if Simple Simon had kept his dumb mouth shut.

This is definitely true for me. After FF, I had no interest in seeing any Fox Marvel films.

Since August, I've started to calm down and move on, but when Kinberg started opening his mouth, it opened old wounds and renewed my dislike of Fox.

And if Kinberg had actually said the right things: "Man, we completely screwed up FF. It was wrong in every way and we won't do that again." I might have considered seeing AOA, but now I have zero interest.

Kinberg put me right back to where I was in August. F*** Fox!:cmad:

This is definitely true for me. After FF, I had no interest in seeing any Fox Marvel films.

Since August, I've started to calm down and move on, but when Kinberg started opening his mouth, it opened old wounds and renewed my dislike of Fox.

And if Kinberg had actually said the right things: "Man, we completely screwed up FF. It was wrong in every way and we won't do that again." I might have considered seeing AOA, but now I have zero interest.

Kinberg put me right back to where I was in August. F*** Fox!:cmad:

I hear you. I was considering renting Deadpool On Demand last week, but the bad taste in my mouth regarding FOX/Marvel productions resurfaced with Mr. Kinberg's desire to dig up the FF, put a fresh coat of paint on their rotting corpses and humiliate them for a fourth time on the big screen.

That's very true. Even though the new Turtles movie is getting torn apart by the critics, it's going to make bank simply because despite his faults, Bay generally gives the audience what they want.

I would think that would be the objective of any company in the entertainment industry but that doesn't seem to apply to Fox's approach with the FF.

I saw Deadpool in the theatre as the wom was great and I knew Simple Simon had f***k all to do with it.

I saw Apocalypse for 2 reasons: 1) after Dofp I was open to giving it a fair chance and 2) this sealed the deal: I wasn't paying.

I saw Deadpool in the theatre as the wom was great and I knew Simple Simon had f***k all to do with it.

I saw Apocalypse for 2 reasons: 1) after Dofp I was open to giving it a fair chance and 2) this sealed the deal: I wasn't paying.

Did you like Apoc?

I would think that would be the objective of any company in the entertainment industry but that doesn't seem to apply to Fox's approach with the FF.

I always try to hold back on my criticism of Tim Story, because I always believed he was trying to give us what we wanted. He respected the fans and said the right things, but I just don't think his talents were matched to what needed to happen for things to work on screen.

With Kinberg, there's an air of superiority as if he knows better than us and if we don't want what he's giving us, we're the ones that are wrong.:cmad:

Even if the film had been exactly the same as what we got, if Kinberg had been more appreciative of the fans and less of an arrogant *****e, I could at least cut him some slack.

I know some smart, arrogant people, and they're okay. I know some dumb, humble people and they're okay.

. . . but one thing that drives me crazy is the combination of arrogance and ignorance. That's the problem with Kinberg.

Did you like Apoc?
I didn't hate it but it was (imo) quite a big step down from dofp.

Not as bad as X3 for me (f***king up the Phoenix takes a special kind of @rsehole, hi Simon), but I'd only rate it a 6/10 at best.

Can certainly understand the critics response to it.

I didn't hate it but it was (imo) quite a big step down from dofp.

Not as bad as X3 for me (f***king up the Phoenix takes a special kind of @rsehole, hi Simon), but I'd only rate it a 6/10 at best.

Can certainly understand the critics response to it.

I've always been surprised by how much critics liked DOFP. When I saw that one, I couldn't help thinking: "Haven't I seen all this before?" It just seems like it took most critics one more film to get to where I was last time.

To me, Singer's X-Men films all have the same basic story, the same characters, the same themes.

If they want to continue to make films like that, they don't need Singer anymore. He gave them a template. They can just get someone else to color inside the lines.

...Mr. Kinberg's desire to dig up the FF, put a fresh coat of paint on their rotting corpses and humiliate them for a fourth time on the big screen.

This has all been a part of Fox's long term goals. They thought they'd put out 4 terrible films, then afterwards refer to them as the Frightful Four. Then they would announce that the next four films would be Fantastic. They figured the fans would eat it up.

This has all been a part of Fox's long term goals. They thought they'd put out 4 terrible films, then afterwards refer to them as the Frightful Four. Then they would announce that the next four films would be Fantastic. They figured the fans would eat it up.

:funny:

At this point I have to seriously wonder if Kinberg is so angry with us for the things we've said about him that he just wants to make a new FF film based on that unwatchable mess out of spite.

. . . and if that's the case, I have to give him credit. That would be a better reason to do it than any other reasons I can think of.

Smh. You guys are hills riots. Not even seeing a movie cause it's fox.

I have seen every MCU film in theatres even know I like Fox more. Yet MCU fans won't see something cause it's Fox? That's pathetic.

I have seen every MCU film in theatres even know I like Fox more. Yet MCU fans won't see something cause it's Fox? That's pathetic.

Are you claiming that none of the "fox fans" do the same, simply because you happen to be one that doesn't?
Because I know of several that refuse to see anything MCU because of the perceived rivalry with their beloved FOX overlords.

Fox makes bad Marvel films.

I'm not going to waste my money seeing bad Marvel films.

Do you see films you're not interested in seeing?

My favorite superhero team since childhood is the Fantastic Four, a franchise that FOX has treated in a truly disgraceful fashion. I respond to their disdain by not supporting their efforts on FOX licensed Marvel projects.

I understand that Apocalypse needs every dollar it can get, but it ain't getting mine. What's truly pathetic, not to mention laughably immature, is your concerning yourself with how others spend their entertainment budget.

My favorite superhero team since childhood is the Fantastic Four, a franchise that FOX has treated in a truly disgraceful fashion. I respond to their disdain by not supporting their efforts on FOX licensed Marvel projects.

I understand that Apocalypse needs every dollar it can get, but it ain't getting mine. What's truly pathetic, not to mention laughably immature, is your concerning yourself with how others spend their entertainment budget.

What's also pathetic is X-Men Age of Apocalypse. The trailers were dead-dull boring and the reviews were bad. If I had any interest in seeing it, it would have been because it featured Marvel characters, but any value of featuring Marvel characters is more than negated by the fact it's made by a studio that makes crappy films based on Marvel characters.

SAUspartan is like the people prior to Fant4stic trying to tell us we had to see a movie we didn't want to see.

I'll spend my money wherever I damn please.

What's also pathetic is X-Men Age of Apocalypse. The trailers were dead-dull boring and the reviews were bad. If I had any interest in seeing it, it would have been because it featured Marvel characters, but any value of featuring Marvel characters is more than negated by the fact it's made by a studio that makes crappy films based on Marvel characters.

SAUspartan is like the people prior to Fant4stic trying to tell us we had to see a movie we didn't want to see.

I'll spend my money wherever I damn please.

MT-I-dont-think-so_zpsigde9tmw.gif

MBJ-still-gonna_zps5deadp28.gif

I don't have anything against FOX other films in general. And I think they have treated the Xmen property with more respect most times. I just think their ideas have grown stale and repetitive but thats not really my issue.

Its all about the FF with me. This recent addition to the FF franchise was a lame and pathetic attempt. I strongly feel like it was made just to keep the rights. It was a bad film IMO. If that was their intentions then it pisses me off because all they are doing is contributing to the decline of the genre rather than strengthening it. I can accept a bad film like ASM2 for example because I think Sony honestly thought they were making a good film that would excite fans for their Spideyverse. There will be misses and I understand that but when the intention was to keep the rights just to sit on them and do nothing more with the property then we as fans suffer. That is my problem with FOX.

Sony made a pathetic GR film and gave it up. They knew they would never do anything with it. WTH is FOX gonna do with FF? They will never make a damn thing on it by themselves.

My main beef with Fox is they do things on the cheap. The effects in XMA would have been considered horrible 15 years ago, especially the scene where the crates are lifting off the cargo ship.

But yes the treatment of Fantastic Four will forever put them on the **** pile for me. But that goes hand in hand with my first statement. The cheap effects for Mr. Fantastic, or the horrible looking d**kless Thing.

But to correct one point... Sony made a pathetic GR movie, and then they made an even worse sequel for it. Thankfully no one remembers GR Spirit of Vengance, or at least no one ever saw it.

Are you claiming that none of the "fox fans" do the same, simply because you happen to be one that doesn't?
Because I know of several that refuse to see anything MCU because of the perceived rivalry with their beloved FOX overlords.

It's even worse when they watch them only to bash them afterwards.

I've never seen this... doesn't mean it doesn't happen but ive genuinely never seen someone rock that hard for Fox as many see their flaws but just aren't as dramatic about it as some (myself included) when it comes to boycotting a film.

That being said I will NEVER see f4stic as Idon't enjoy my eyes bleeding.

I've never seen this... doesn't mean it doesn't happen but ive genuinely never seen someone rock that hard for Fox as many see their flaws but just aren't as dramatic about it as some (myself included) when it comes to boycotting a film.

I have.
There are zealots on both ends.
At one point (years ago) I was harassed at an X-Men thread for jokingly posting a pic of Rothman with devil horns. Because even though many have changed stance on this, for a very long time even HE was defended by FOX supporters.
The zealousness for beloved comics characters I understand.
But for a company that didn't even have anything to do with the characters' creation? I don't get it.
Yet many folks, many, are fans of the company, no matter what they do.
As if the fact that they made the first X-Men movie somehow places them in a pedestal to be worshiped, or that just because they have allowed the F bomb dropped in some movies that makes it more mature and adult. Like they're the only ones that can make tackle serious themes....

Anyway
/rant

If you haven't seen anyone here vehemently defend Fox.... you apparently weren't in the pre-release FFINO boards. Yowza.

It usually comes out when the biweekly studio war breaks out in the X-forums. There are those just as bitter, and likely jealous, of the MCU as those bitter at Fox.

As someone who the MCU hasn't really done anything for since Iron Man 3, I don't particularly agree with the attitudes.

If you haven't seen anyone here vehemently defend Fox.... you apparently weren't in the pre-release FFINO boards. Yowza.
I was here probably the longest with a few others like Willie trust me I know. I'm talking about boycotting a film not defending a ****** one.

I hate what Fox have done to the FF but I've seen most of their Marvel films in the theatres.

Elektra, Origins, First Class, The Wolverine and FFINO are the ones I caught later (yup, I saw both of Story's efforts at my local theatre).

If Hackberg is writing the next effort I think I'll pass though. Apocalypse was a sad return to his usual batting average.

God knows how he keeps landing these gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"