The Relationship Thread and the Kingdom of the Crystal Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I get a number I take a dickpic and send it to the girl while she's walking away. Then when she turns around I wink at her. :up:

LOL! the joys of technology . . . :jedi

So should we call this The Kingdom of Relationships Thread or The Relationships of the Crystal Skull Tread?

From the last thread:

Erzengel said:
I'm glad things are finally working out for you Nell.

Thanks, I am too. I'm glad to have finally found something with some promise, that doesn't entail a girl who is emotionally unavailable dragging me through her baggage cuz she can't make up her mind whether she wants to commit to me or not, and me not backing out of a bad situation because I'm stuck listening to unreciprocated feelings instead of following what my brain knows to be true.

Well, I always thought your issue was dating college girls, who are you are a good 8 years older than most, and in different places and looking for different things, in general.

Well, I always thought your issue was dating college girls, who are you are a good 8 years older than most, and in different places and looking for different things, in general.

The funny thing is, this girl is 8 years younger than me, she's the same age as all of the other girls that I've been around, but her and I just really click, and she doesn't have that same just wanna party, seeking attention, doesn't wanna settle down attitude.

Our personalities really mesh, we have the same type of sense of humor, we have a ton of the same types of interests, very similar world outlooks, and despite our age difference, we're actually looking for many of the same things in life in the long term.

She playfully teases me about the age difference and me being so much older than her, but more seriously, she has already expressed that the difference in age is not even the least bit of a problem to her. And since she doesn't have that "young girl" mentality that I hate, the difference in age doesn't bother me either.

How that dynamic plays out as her and I get more serious with each other is yet to be seen, but at least as of now it's a real good situation.

HEY! What happened to the Crystal Skull title?!? :mad:

It appears we also skipped A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the whole Star Wars thing was done already.

Naw, none of this sounds right at all. :argh:

Didn't we agree that Planet of the Apes would be after Indy?

The funny thing is, this girl is 8 years younger than me, she's the same age as all of the other girls that I've been around, but her and I just really click, and she doesn't have that same just wanna party, seeking attention, doesn't wanna settle down attitude.

Our personalities really mesh, we have the same type of sense of humor, we have a ton of the same types of interests, very similar world outlooks, and despite our age difference, we're actually looking for many of the same things in life in the long term.

She playfully teases me about the age difference and me being so much older than her, but more seriously, she has already expressed that the difference in age is not even the least bit of a problem to her. And since she doesn't have that "young girl" mentality that I hate, the difference in age doesn't bother me either.

How that dynamic plays out as her and I get more serious with each other is yet to be seen, but at least as of now it's a real good situation.
The age difference between my parents is 8 years. Same with my sister and her bf. She's mature for her age and he acts young for his age. So it happens. :funny:

Don't worry too much about it. I finally asked my coworker why he and his gf of 8 years broke up, and it turns out she'd had enough of his doubts. He has a very anxious personality and worries ALL the time. Thus, every 6 months he'd doubt his feelings for her, even as they moved to a different country together and she stuck by him through major health issues. Obviously very hard for her, and she'd finally had enough. He's moving on as best he can, but he'd be very happy if she changed her mind and took him back.

The same thing kind of happened to me too, since I was never infatuated with my bf in that excited "honeymoon period" everyone talks about, and wondered if we had missed something or maybe we were doing things wrong. But it always felt right and comfortable and natural to me, so I stopped worrying about it.

People have ruined many a good thing by worrying too much that they're not doing things right. If it feels right, it is right. The end. :yay:

the age difference between my parents is 8 years. Same with my sister and her bf. She's mature for her age and he acts young for his age. So it happens. :funny:

Don't worry too much about it. I finally asked my coworker why he and his gf of 8 years broke up, and it turns out she'd had enough of his doubts. He has a very anxious personality and worries all the time. Thus, every 6 months he'd doubt his feelings for her, even as they moved to a different country together and she stuck by him through major health issues. Obviously very hard for her, and she'd finally had enough. He's moving on as best he can, but he'd be very happy if she changed her mind and took him back.

The same thing kind of happened to me too, since i was never infatuated with my bf in that excited "honeymoon period" everyone talks about, and wondered if we had missed something or maybe we were doing things wrong. But it always felt right and comfortable and natural to me, so i stopped worrying about it.

People have ruined many a good thing by worrying too much that they're not doing things right. if it feels right, it is right. The end. :yay:

qft

This new title sounds lazy and very generic, especially since it has skipped over the earlier Star Wars films and it's probably been done before.

Also it just doesn't sound clever at all. "The Temple of Doomed Relationships" had a double meaning because it kind of conjures up the image of a haven/ sanctuary of failed Hype relationships (which is sometimes accurate). "The Last Crusade of Relationships" sounded like a kind of last stand/ last ditch attempt.

Relationships of the Jedi just doesn't work on that level.

Rise of the Planet of Relationships conjures up the image of hope/ coming of a large community (ie planet) of relationships.

So should we PM CC, Bamf or someone...

The age difference between my parents is 8 years. Same with my sister and her bf. She's mature for her age and he acts young for his age. So it happens. :funny:

Don't worry too much about it. I finally asked my coworker why he and his gf of 8 years broke up, and it turns out she'd had enough of his doubts. He has a very anxious personality and worries ALL the time. Thus, every 6 months he'd doubt his feelings for her, even as they moved to a different country together and she stuck by him through major health issues. Obviously very hard for her, and she'd finally had enough. He's moving on as best he can, but he'd be very happy if she changed her mind and took him back.

The same thing kind of happened to me too, since I was never infatuated with my bf in that excited "honeymoon period" everyone talks about, and wondered if we had missed something or maybe we were doing things wrong. But it always felt right and comfortable and natural to me, so I stopped worrying about it.

People have ruined many a good thing by worrying too much that they're not doing things right. If it feels right, it is right. The end. :yay:

Her and I were talking about the age earlier tonight (not in a "we're worried about it" type of way, just a playful conversation that led to a more serious one), and she mentioned the same type of thing. She mentioned that her aunt and uncle have the same age difference between us. Like I said, she has expressed absolutely no problem with our age difference what so ever. If anything, she kind of likes it cuz she likes teasing me about being older.

So all in all, I'm really not worrying about it. It's something that I've thought about, but I figure when we're getting on as well as we are, there's no reason to dwell on something that's not proving to be a factor. Like you said, it feels right, for both of us, as far as I'm concerned that's the most important thing.

I know for me, the 5 year gap between me and the girl I liked took a little while to get used to, mostly because I was fresh out of college and she was fresh into college. I don't know if I could do 8 years though, unless I'm in my thirties or something.

You guys and your whining; it's so cute! But predictable, unlike this thread title. You were expecting a Crystal Skulls reference and a good one at that since, you know, it's me changing the titles. But I threw you for a loop! Just like relationships do. See? See? There's always a method to my madness!

So, first one to come up with a decent title relating to the awful fourth installment to a franchise I've never laid eyes on will result in a title change.

Haven't these poor dumb bastards suffered enough without your mind games?? :o

The Relationship Thread and the Kingdom of the Crystal Advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"