Attack of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say I told you so, but I'm not surprised at all. You didn't make a move, she was probably offended, and decided not to bother anymore.

Thanks. I already said I was an idiot. I consider it the biggest mistake of my life, but it wasn't something that came out of nowhere.

And I think waiting is actually the wrong thing to do. The longer I wait, the less chance I have of getting her back.
Judging by the additional details, I think you made the right decision. You saw what you were up against, realized your relationship had no chance, and decided to cut her loose instead of waiting for years on something that could never be. You gave yourself and her the best chance to move on with life. It was the sane, logical decision. I'm sure it's hard still, because it's the wrong decision for you emotionally, but the heart often doesn't see things rationally.

In time it will be better. It might be up and down for the time being, but in time it will get better. All we can do in life is put one foot in front of the other and keep going no matter what.

DAMN YOU THREAD MANAGERRRR! :argh:

I think it's fitting that Pickles got that first post since it applies to about 95% of the issues raised here...

^ Ha Ha ... That post does make a lot of sense. Very fitting.

I think it's fitting that Pickles got that first post since it applies to about 95% of the issues raised here...

Haha, so true. Now when people raise a redundant issue, just advise them to refer to post #1 :o

The past month, I've been so crazy and stressed out because of women. I decided last night I'm over it. I'm not trying worry about any woman right now. I've got enough **** to deal with so I'm shifting my focus. Right now, it's time to make money.

to go on this blind date, or not to go, this is the question

Have you thought about sleeping with women for money?

Win-win.

Free dinner. :huh:

Go. Worst comes to worst you end up in some dudes basement for a couple weeks... But a girl's gotta eat right?

it doesn't sound like it. we've only spoke via text and we were gonna try and meet up tomorrow for a bit in the afternoon, i suggested starbucks cuz i'd be coming from work and apparently it's close to my work and the general area he lives in but all he suggested was we go back to my house and chill :dry:

not getting good vibes here so i think i'mma say no

So I recently mentioned in the Confessions thread that a friend of mine wants to tr to set e up with her friend. Turns out, her friend is a big comic fan and may be going to NYCC in a few weeks. I'm trying to convince my friend to go with her friend so she could introduce me, but there's a chance that that won't work since she doesn't want to go or even has the money to buy a ticket.

Should I do something like stop by my friend's job and hope to be introduced to this girl, or should I just hope for the Comic Con thing since 'd feel more comfortable there than I would at a bar or something. Apparently, this girl like smart guy who do art and are into comics, so that right there makes her seem at least worth looking into. Plus, she's attractive. :cwink:

@CC Could you change this to the Attack of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

@ Spideyville. Does her friend know that she wants to set her up with you? Can't she give you her number, you start talking and if you guys want to meet up at the Convention you can? If not, see if she wants to do something afterwards?

We should go back to my place to chill. :up:

bahaha i'd actually be more inclined to chill with you than this guy, just getting a really weird vibe from the get-go

it doesn't sound like it. we've only spoke via text and we were gonna try and meet up tomorrow for a bit in the afternoon, i suggested starbucks cuz i'd be coming from work and apparently it's close to my work and the general area he lives in but all he suggested was we go back to my house and chill :dry:

That is very creepy, a first date should always be on neutral ground. Also the fact that's it's all being set up via text doesn't sound good, there should be an actual phone conversation before a first meet/date.

That is very creepy, a first date should always be on neutral ground. Also the fact that's it's all being set up via text doesn't sound good, there should be an actual phone conversation before a first meet/date.

that's what i was thinking too. but when i'm at work we're not really supposed to take phone calls and since i work in the coolers a lot, theres no reception so text was the only viable way to communicate at the time

now i dont even want to talk to him on the phone at all lol

@ Spideyville. Does her friend know that she wants to set her up with you? Can't she give you her number, you start talking and if you guys want to meet up at the Convention you can? If not, see if she wants to do something afterwards?
Well she told me her friend is kinda like me in that she doesn't like being set up with someone. In fact, when she started telling me she had a friend who was perfect for me, I immediately went into my "I'm not going to like her no matter what" mood. But it's like the more I heard about her, the more I felt like I had a good chance of at least getting to know this girl. It's like all I'd have to do is tell her about myself (the honest stuff, not the fabricated version that I usually tell girls) and then wait to hear if she's interested. Then from there we'd set up more meetings until I ask her out.

I'm definitely at the point of interest, and its been a while since I've been there so I want to make sure I don't mess this up. I've also set up some stipulations if my friend decides to go to her, like she can't bring to many people or any other single, interested guys because I'd automatically feel uncomfortable and would most likely stay quiet all day. I'm trying to make sure I have the best chance possible because it certainly isn't getting any easier to meet people.

Well she told me her friend is kinda like me in that she doesn't like being set up with someone. In fact, when she started telling me she had a friend who was perfect for me, I immediately went into my "I'm not going to like her no matter what" mood. But it's like the more I heard about her, the more I felt like I had a good chance of at least getting to know this girl. It's like all I'd have to do is tell her about myself (the honest stuff, not the fabricated version that I usually tell girls) and then wait to hear if she's interested. Then from there we'd set up more meetings until I ask her out.

I'm definitely at the point of interest, and its been a while since I've been there so I want to make sure I don't mess this up. I've also set up some stipulations if my friend decides to go to her, like she can't bring to many people or any other single, interested guys because I'd automatically feel uncomfortable and would most likely stay quiet all day. I'm trying to make sure I have the best chance possible because it certainly isn't getting any easier to meet people.

Okay first thing first, the bolded part is what you want to avoid. Don't set up multiple meetings before actually asking her out. If the three of you go to comic con and you're interested in the friend, get her number that day and ask her out. Don't beat around the bush, that's one of the big reasons why people end up in the friend zone.

Yeeeeeah he just wants to get laid.

Sounds like marriage material to me. "Chill at my place" basically means he wants you to come back to his apartment to help him redecorate the place for when you're finally ready to move in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"