Revenge of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...

Where does data of this nature exist exactly? I checked everywhere -- even the National Bathroom Society (NBS). :o

There's several reports in Dump Masters Today and of course, there was that 8 year study at Brown. :o

There's several reports in Dump Masters Today and of course, there was that 8 year study at Brown. :o

Well played sir..

000bga5b.gif

you win this round Anubis.

conan.gif

All that's left is for me to fling feces at you. :o

Cheerio!

Last edited:
This is driving me INSANE

I am crazy over this girl, and I can pretty well guess that she is very interested in me, so normal thing would be to make a move. But I haven't. Because I don't have a car.

I mean, I'm so close to just saying "**** it" and asking her out anyway but there's just been so many conversations where she's said "You neeeddd aa caarrrrr"

I know she wouldn't care either way but its the whole thing about it being that she's younger and I'm 21 and have no car. I know I should just go ahead and ask anyway but, I don't want to ask her out and then follow that up with "Soooo can you pick me up at 8?"

But at the same time, it's been since October that I've shown interest and I kinda feel like if I wait too much longer she's gonna say "Ok screw it I'm done waiting".

TL:DR: I need a damn ****ing car.

Can you just borrow someone's car for a date?

Forget that. If she wouldn't date you because of a car, that's her problem and she ain't worth the time then.

Then again, I say this living in a city where there are so many options of transportation so that having a car is not completely necessary.

This is driving me INSANE

I am crazy over this girl, and I can pretty well guess that she is very interested in me, so normal thing would be to make a move. But I haven't. Because I don't have a car.

I mean, I'm so close to just saying "**** it" and asking her out anyway but there's just been so many conversations where she's said "You neeeddd aa caarrrrr"

I know she wouldn't care either way but its the whole thing about it being that she's younger and I'm 21 and have no car. I know I should just go ahead and ask anyway but, I don't want to ask her out and then follow that up with "Soooo can you pick me up at 8?"

But at the same time, it's been since October that I've shown interest and I kinda feel like if I wait too much longer she's gonna say "Ok screw it I'm done waiting".

TL:DR: I need a damn ****ing car.
Where do you live? I mean, do you live with parents and never have the place to yourself? Usually I just invite girls to come chill at my place, and if they are interested in me (as you say she is) they usually show up. Again, I live downtown in the city (and have a car) and I have what I think is a pretty sweet place but if you want to spend time with her that's easy and doesn't require you to drive. Also, you can make it casual to minimize the forward-ness of it such as: "some of my friends are coming over to [activity], and I feel like this would be a good chance to hang out. I would like it if you came". That way it's not "hey, come over, it's just me here :cwink:".

No doubt about it, girls like it for guys to have a car, but don't feel as though you have to have a car. If you can't pick her up tell her she needs to pick you up if she wants to hang. If she wants to hang.

I'm going to take on good faith that she is interested, and if that's true, THAT is your angle. It shouldn't be on you to get a car because of her, especially if she wants to hang out with you. When you meet a girl always make the case that you're cool with where you're at even though she may not be. In effect you want her to meet you halfway, or at least find out what her dealbreakers are. Some people, as SpiderVille points out, are materialistic, and not having a car may be something she just won't put up with.

The other side of this coin though is that girls traditionally, in my experience, erect roadblocks. From what you've described it sounds to me like she's teasing you a bit about you being automotive-ly challenged. Don't take this seriously because it is not a reasonable excuse not to date you. Girls will instinctively try to walk all over guys they like. So if she gives you a hassel about a car again just be like "well, why don't you drive me then?" (playfully). This will put her on the spot a bit, and you'll know from her response if she's worth pursuing.

Just borrow someone's powder blue Nissan Stanza...

Where do you live? I mean, do you live with parents and never have the place to yourself? Usually I just invite girls to come chill at my place, and if they are interested in me (as you say she is) they usually show up. Again, I live downtown in the city (and have a car) and I have what I think is a pretty sweet place but if you want to spend time with her that's easy and doesn't require you to drive. Also, you can make it casual to minimize the forward-ness of it such as: "some of my friends are coming over to [activity], and I feel like this would be a good chance to hang out. I would like it if you came". That way it's not "hey, come over, it's just me here :cwink:".

No doubt about it, girls like it for guys to have a car, but don't feel as though you have to have a car. If you can't pick her up tell her she needs to pick you up if she wants to hang. If she wants to hang.

I'm going to take on good faith that she is interested, and if that's true, THAT is your angle. It shouldn't be on you to get a car because of her, especially if she wants to hang out with you. When you meet a girl always make the case that you're cool with where you're at even though she may not be. In effect you want her to meet you halfway, or at least find out what her dealbreakers are. Some people, as SpiderVille points out, are materialistic, and not having a car may be something she just won't put up with.

The other side of this coin though is that girls traditionally, in my experience, erect roadblocks. From what you've described it sounds to me like she's teasing you a bit about you being automotive-ly challenged. Don't take this seriously because it is not a reasonable excuse not to date you. Girls will instinctively try to walk all over guys they like. So if she gives you a hassel about a car again just be like "well, why don't you drive me then?" (playfully). This will put her on the spot a bit, and you'll know from her response if she's worth pursuing.

The bolded part really sounds like a one way trip to the friend zone. Especially all the hanging out talk, friends hang out, two people who want to date go out and also if you want to go out, you don't invite other people.

Unless the activity is an orgy of some sort.

The bolded part really sounds like a one way trip to the friend zone. Especially all the hanging out talk, friends hang out, two people who want to date go out and also if you want to go out, you don't invite other people.
What lands people in the 'friend zone' is their attitude, not the environment. My friends hook up a lot within our group. Like I said earlier, 'friendship' is hardly a dead end, but if one person is trying to hook up using friendship as leverage that is when things get murky.

The ultimate problem is that nice guys and nice girls seem to think that you can force a friendship and sex by being nice. They almost see people as win-able and this is not confined to simply women and sex. The truth is not to fear confrontation, or to shy away from it either. Competition, passion, energy are all at the core of this. Not cultivating those qualities is what lands people in the 'friend zone'. Being nice is not mutually inclusive with withholding your emotions.

Last edited:
Okay, so we've talked a lot about what lands you in the friend zone, but what about how to put someone in the friend zone. Like how do you let someone know you're only interested in being friends without actually telling them so that they don't get the wrong idea and think you're actually interested in them?

Usually by keeping in your pants.

Or you know just telling them.

Well I meant more in how to imply it without actually saying it, kinda like how some guys know they've been friend-zoned without actually being told some excuse.

Like I tend to become friends with females more easily than guys, and sometimes I get along better with the ones I'm not interested in since I'm not trying with them. But it feels like they are interested in me and I want to make it clear that I don't see them the same way just in case they are waiting or hoping for me to ask them out so that I can avoid letting them down or getting their hopes up. Like I try to talk about a girl that I like or used to like just so they know there's someone else I may be interested in.

Okay, so we've talked a lot about what lands you in the friend zone, but what about how to put someone in the friend zone. Like how do you let someone know you're only interested in being friends without actually telling them so that they don't get the wrong idea and think you're actually interested in them?
By not having sex with them I guess?

Just because someone wants to have sex with you doesn't mean you say yes. One of the things that separates the 'Nice Guy' from everyone else, is the 'Nice Guy' really concerns himself with the thoughts of others is regards to him. I don't care if someone is attracted to me, nor do I care if someone knows I find them sexually attractive.

Yeah, guys have an easier time 'friend-zoning' a woman. Just keep it in your pants, and never never do shots with that person.

Girls wouldn't really ever 'friend zone' a guy who made it clear he wanted a physical relationship. Keeping such a guy present in your life would imply the girl was at least open to the idea of it. You land yourself in the 'friend zone' while looking for a physical relationship but outwardly masking these feelings with 'nice-ness'.

Nice guys almost exclusively try to cater to women as a social construct. Whatever television, movies, comic books or hearsay tells them women or a woman wants they try to mimic. This is what makes them seem so life-less, because they have no edge. They're chronically imitating a person who would want. They're inoffensive so they lack realness. This stems from their inability to understand women as humans in the real world.

Jerks are the polar opposite. They understand women only as collections of animal/human urges. Hence how they dismiss societies rules, and act without restriction. This means they can get laid a lot, certainly a lot more than the 'Nice Guy', because they live by expressing lustful urges.

I guess being a 'Good Guy' lies somewhere in the middle. While 'Nice Guys' can string out a relationship, 'Jerks' can jumpstart one. The 'Good Guy' would essentially be the one who can distinguish when to be a 'Nice Guy' and when to be a 'Jerk'.

Girls wouldn't really ever 'friend zone' a guy who made it clear he wanted a physical relationship. Keeping such a guy present in your life would imply the girl was at least open to the idea of it. You land yourself in the 'friend zone' while looking for a physical relationship but outwardly masking these feelings with 'nice-ness'.

Nice guys almost exclusively try to cater to women as a social construct. Whatever television, movies, comic books or hearsay tells them women or a woman wants they try to mimic. This is what makes them seem so life-less, because they have no edge. They're chronically imitating a person who would want. They're inoffensive so they lack realness. This stems from their inability to understand women as humans in the real world.

Jerks are the polar opposite. They understand women only as collections of animal/human urges. Hence how they dismiss societies rules, and act without restriction. This means they can get laid a lot, certainly a lot more than the 'Nice Guy', because they live by expressing lustful urges.

I guess being a 'Good Guy' lies somewhere in the middle. While 'Nice Guys' can string out a relationship, 'Jerks' can jumpstart one. The 'Good Guy' would essentially be the one who can distinguish when to be a 'Nice Guy' and when to be a 'Jerk'.

This. I was friends with a girl whom I met at work that I developed a huge crush on. I was the "nice guy" and always acted as such. That pretty much landed me right in the friend zone with her. She always called me her "best friend". Every time I'd try to ask her out on a date she'd turn it into "hanging out". I think I even posted about the situation in this very thread a couple months back. It was textbook friendzoning and I just didn't want to believe it. Then we hung out, just her and I, on my birthday and she got very close and cuddley with me. The next day she told me what was going on between us and I told her that I liked her for quite sometime and want to date her. She said the same which caught me off guard. I opened up and told her how I thought I was friendzoned for so long and she looked baffled. She told me she always wanted me. Confused? Yeah. But we've been dating for a few months now and I'm very happy.

But, yeah, I've always been the nice guy and she knows that. Last week I got really angry about something and just went on a tangent about it. I was shouting and there was a lot of swearing. Something I don't normally do. She told me how she's never seen me like that but she really "likes it". Nice guys do finish last, but sometimes we could get a little boring. Just get angry once in awhile, I don't know. Show some emotion. Be a "good guy".

Yeah, if you look at it from extremes, there's the "nice" guy who never gets the girl, and the "jerk" who can get the girl. But the trick is to be the "good" guy who has all of the qualities that the girl likes about the "nice" guy, but refuses to be a pushover and makes his intentions known like the "jerk".

But I agree, sometimes all a girl needs to see is a different side of you because like Opt said, "nice" guys try to be who they think a girl would want them to be. And even if they are naturally nice like that, they still need to show that manly, commanding side to show that they are more than just a shoulder to cry on.

How about just being a guy? Aim for the middle.

Yeah, guys have an easier time 'friend-zoning' a woman. Just keep it in your pants, and never never do shots with that person.
I don't know about that. Some women are more determined than others and others play things very subtle making it socially difficult to actually make the drop off at the Friend zone...
How about just being a guy? Aim for the middle.

So apathetic you can't even be bothered working for an adjective... Lazy.

no wonder i've been single so long, i don't really like jerks :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back