Revenge of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. Some women are more determined than others and others play things very subtle making it socially difficult to actually make the drop off at the Friend zone...

So apathetic you can't even be bothered working for an adjective... Lazy.

Adjectives are for superheroes and wussies. :o

"Fair point." - The Irredeemable IronHound.

no wonder i've been single so long, i don't really like jerks :huh:
Well no girl likes a jerk. Its just the "jerk" knows how to hide his jerkness while offering the woman what she wants. Its almost a bit of trickery and deception on their part.

A bunch of us were actually talking with this girl in my acting class today and how we all thought she was going to hook up with one of the guys in our class, and she told us they dated for a while until she realized he was a jerk. I'm cool with the guy and he puts on a good "nice guy" front, but I could totally see how she would call him a jerk just based on things I've seen from him outside of class.

Are hormonal teenage relationship problems answered here, or are they passed of as sillyness. (Sorry, I seem to be taking over allot of the threads at the moment, I assume everyone in America is asleep or just avoiding me).

Including especially silliness.

Everything is answered here.
Yay! Well, there's this guy I really like (who is also my friend), and I told a friend I liked him and naturally it's came around and I've told him it's warped bull. But before hand he was telling me about this girl he liked. But now he's like " I don't like her like that anymore really". And we text and shiz and then he was like "You text me because you love me" as a joke, and so I stopped and he got all paranoid.
Also, I'm having a small house party where officialy there's no alcohol, but I might or might not sneak a bit in. I'm awfuly worried I'm going to say something but on the other hand, if he has some something good might happen:dry:
Hehehehhehehehhe:doh:

I don't know maybe you should wait and tell Dawson how you feel at the dance? :o

:funny:

Nice.

Ummmm, he probably likes you. You wanna see what guys think, just go back a few pages and check out the pathetic ball of nerves your average teenage dude is made up of. He probably freaked out when you didn't text him back and went crying to his friends about how he f**ked up. Relax. You don't need booze. You got his ass already.

So I hang out with a girl yesterday because I told her I wrote poetry and she wanted to read some of my stuff.We hung out went to get something to eat then hung out in the kitchen going over some of my poetry.That was pretty much it. I thought she was hot before but now I actually think I like her. I'm unsure how to approach though. She was sorting seeing another writer but she was telling me A. He creeped her out and B. He wouldn't commit so she was ending it. I'm really bad at knowing if people are interested unless they make it really obvious. I feel like her telling me about the other guy is a red flag and if she was interested she wouldn't have told me. opinions?

It can go both ways. I mean she says she's sorting seeing him, which means they are kind of together. But she says she's going to end it and he creeps her out, which means she's not to hot for him.

This reminds me of the last girl I liked who said she had an ex when we first started talking, and then months later I found out they were sort of on and off for a while and was still kinda seeing him when we met even though she claimed she hated him and stuff.

I'd say be careful, but at the same time, don't sit around twiddling your thumbs. Make a move or else you just become that cool guy who writes poetry. If you show her you're interesting and she's still on the fence about the other guy, she has to make a choice. Either you, him, or no one. But if she's not on the fence with him and is serious about breaking it off, then its just you.

So I hang out with a girl yesterday because I told her I wrote poetry and she wanted to read some of my stuff.We hung out went to get something to eat then hung out in the kitchen going over some of my poetry.That was pretty much it. I thought she was hot before but now I actually think I like her. I'm unsure how to approach though. She was sorting seeing another writer but she was telling me A. He creeped her out and B. He wouldn't commit so she was ending it. I'm really bad at knowing if people are interested unless they make it really obvious. I feel like her telling me about the other guy is a red flag and if she was interested she wouldn't have told me. opinions?
Yeah, it's a red flag but I have a strange theory as to why girls talk about other guys.

If a girl talks about another guy really what it means is he's on her mind. That's really never a good thing. It's in a sense the same reason it's not cool to shout someone else's name in bed.

From her perspective though it means she's cooling or cool to whatever guy she's around. In other words your not being assertive enough with her about your intentions and therefore her mind is drifting elsewhere. In this case to someone who was. You really can't fumble around too much around women. I can't stress that enough.

Yeah, it's a red flag but I have a strange theory as to why girls talk about other guys.

If a girl talks about another guy really what it means is he's on her mind. That's really never a good thing. It's in a sense the same reason it's not cool to shout someone else's name in bed.

From her perspective though it means she's cooling or cool to whatever guy she's around. In other words your not being assertive enough with her about your intentions and therefore her mind is drifting elsewhere. In this case to someone who was. You really can't fumble around too much around women. I can't stress that enough.
Yeah, I was going to mention that if there was a girl that I liked and I was talking to another girl, I wouldn't mention the first girl until I knew I was not interested in the second girl.

During the duration of he conversation we also got into what we both like in relationships and what we don't like and the different missteps we've had in relationships. Pretty much we have the same philosophy and ideas. I figure I should just make a move soon seeing as I have nothing to lose.

As a general statement, I have to say that at times it is hilarious to watch how firmly some of the males around here believe they understand the "feminine mind" like we're all the same :oldrazz:

As a general statement, I have to say that at times it is hilarious to watch how firmly some of the males around here believe they understand the "feminine mind" like we're all the same :oldrazz:
:hehe:

So how about you girls give me some thoughts on my predicament? Also I've set up another meeting with her to discuss more of my work.

I'm certified in several states as a Professional Ladies' Man.

So how about you girls give me some thoughts on my predicament? Also I've set up another meeting with her to discuss more of my work.

I don't see the predicament. You like her, she said she was ending it. You're literally giving her the opening to confirm her status as available or taken.

I'd say during your next meeting you ask her out on a proper date. Make it clear it's a date and not just another 'meeting'.

Worst she says is: No. In which case: damage control and remain writing friends.

I don't see the predicament. You like her, she said she was ending it. You're literally giving her the opening to confirm her status as available or taken.

I'd say during your next meeting you ask her out on a proper date. Make it clear it's a date and not just another 'meeting'.

Worst she says is: No. In which case: damage control and remain writing friends.
I agree but I say F the meeting and ask her out on a date instead. I always find that when I'm expecting to see a girl and I decide that that will be when I ask her out or something, things never go as planned. Either she brings a friend or she cancels at the last minute or something. So cut the meeting and go straight for the date.

Yay! Well, there's this guy I really like (who is also my friend), and I told a friend I liked him and naturally it's came around and I've told him it's warped bull. But before hand he was telling me about this girl he liked. But now he's like " I don't like her like that anymore really". And we text and shiz and then he was like "You text me because you love me" as a joke, and so I stopped and he got all paranoid.
Also, I'm having a small house party where officialy there's no alcohol, but I might or might not sneak a bit in. I'm awfuly worried I'm going to say something but on the other hand, if he has some something good might happen:dry:
Hehehehhehehehhe:doh:

Tell him. He doesn't like that other girl anymore, so now's your chance. Don't wait around.

Either she is still interested in this other guy, despite what she says, or she's just trying to let you know that she is not completely avaliable yet. It's probably the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"