The Relationship Thread: Single Posters on Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anita just got married to some dude she met on the internets.

Anita just got married to some dude she met on the internets.

O well thats awesome. Like through a dating website or just like random encounter type deal?

Im just curious, iv never known anyone to have success with the dating websites...altho i only know like 2 ppl thats used em hah.

Plenty o Fish I believe was the name of the site she went to.

.....I tend to stick to tranny hookers from shemale **** buddies.....so....if that's what you're looking for.....I'd go with that. :o

i'm still single and relatively stress free.

Plenty o Fish I believe was the name of the site she went to.

.....I tend to stick to tranny hookers from shemale **** buddies.....so....if that's what you're looking for.....I'd go with that. :o

LOL.

I just texted my cousin and thats the one he said he was on. Said no one ever responds to him tho, altho, and i love my cuz to death, but he isnt blessed with the best looks and i have a hard time believing he'd be able to fill out any kind of questionnaire or 'about me' and make it sound like it wasnt written by a 6th grader.

I've tried it but I've never even gotten so much as a reply from it.

I've tried it but I've never even gotten so much as a reply from it.

Why do u think that is? Looks? What you have on your profile? Iv always assumed most ppl who used those websites would play a 'whats behind door number 2' type of game in that unless you are really attractive they'll just wait for someone else to come around.

I mean i hate to sound shallow but thats kind of what i would do, i mean if i didnt think someone was physically attractive, i wouldn't be interested. I mean iv had super nice/sweet girls attracted to me before but the physical attraction wasnt there for me and so i just wasnt interested. I think im broken hah.

Yeah, I just got married to some dude I met on Plenty of Fish. :funny:

Considering what I hear about it now, I lucked out. :oldrazz: This was 4 years ago, maybe before all the crazies got on. 4 years is an eternity in internet-speak.

Why do u think that is? Looks? What you have on your profile? Iv always assumed most ppl who used those websites would play a 'whats behind door number 2' type of game in that unless you are really attractive they'll just wait for someone else to come around.

I mean i hate to sound shallow but thats kind of what i would do, i mean if i didnt think someone was physically attractive, i wouldn't be interested. I mean iv had super nice/sweet girls attracted to me before but the physical attraction wasnt there for me and so i just wasnt interested. I think im broken hah.
Yeah, my husband picked the best pictures of himself to go on the site. He's a lot dorkier looking in person, but he can look like a total dork in pictures too. He just somehow managed to pick the best photos. Maybe a friend helped. :funny:

I also messaged guys who had an easy smile. Like, it looked like they were having a good time doing something. That was most attractive to me. Turns out my husband doesn't smile like :woot: all that much, but he's very chill in person and I liked that when I met him.

Also, A TON of guys apparently think that stone-serious faces are attractive. I have no idea why. Even back then, a lot of guys only had pictures with not a smidge of happiness on their faces, and I never messaged guys like that. My coworker used a pic of him smiling like :woot: next to an adorable tiny snowman he made, and when he got replies from girls, most of them commented on how awesome that picture was. BE HAPPY, DAMMIT! :argh: :funny:

It also sounds shallow, but I also liked that my husband stated he was an engineer and programmer. I don't think I was looking for socioeconomic status per se (financial stability is great, but I'm definitely not attracted to social climbers), but both my parents are programmers/engineers and I have an uncle who runs a software company, so it's very familiar to me. I could approximate what kind of personality he would have. Turns out he's almost identical to my dad in terms of social needs, which is nearly zero human interaction, although he's a lot more calm and a much better listener. :funny:

So I can't really tell you why zero girls are replying to you. But I can say from my own experience, that I was looking for someone with the same temperament as me, because that would be familiar. He wasn't a very witty writer, but it was clear he was able to communicate, had ambition, and was working towards a goal. Those are all attractive things.

Yeah, I just got married to some dude I met on Plenty of Fish. :funny:

Considering what I hear about it now, I lucked out. :oldrazz: This was 4 years ago, maybe before all the crazies got on. 4 years is an eternity in internet-speak.

Yeah, my husband picked the best pictures of himself to go on the site. He's a lot dorkier looking in person, but he can look like a total dork in pictures too. He just somehow managed to pick the best photos. Maybe a friend helped. :funny:

I also messaged guys who had an easy smile. Like, it looked like they were having a good time doing something. That was most attractive to me. Turns out my husband doesn't smile like :woot: all that much, but he's very chill in person and I liked that when I met him.

Also, A TON of guys apparently think that stone-serious faces are attractive. I have no idea why. Even back then, a lot of guys only had pictures with not a smidge of happiness on their faces, and I never messaged guys like that. My coworker used a pic of him smiling like :woot: next to an adorable tiny snowman he made, and when he got replies from girls, most of them commented on how awesome that picture was. BE HAPPY, DAMMIT! :argh: :funny:

It also sounds shallow, but I also liked that my husband stated he was an engineer and programmer. I don't think I was looking for socioeconomic status per se (financial stability is great, but I'm definitely not attracted to social climbers), but both my parents are programmers/engineers and I have an uncle who runs a software company, so it's very familiar to me. I could approximate what kind of personality he would have. Turns out he's almost identical to my dad in terms of social needs, which is nearly zero human interaction, although he's a lot more calm and a much better listener. :funny:

So I can't really tell you why zero girls are replying to you. But I can say from my own experience, that I was looking for someone with the same temperament as me, because that would be familiar. He wasn't a very witty writer, but it was clear he was able to communicate, had ambition, and was working towards a goal. Those are all attractive things.

Hah well thats pretty damn cool, congrats. But i wasnt the one who wasnt getting replies on the websites, hah that was Nell. Im not on any of those sites...yet. Might give that plenty of fish a look see tho.

Thats interesting about the smiling tho. I rarely smile in any photos(haha and family/friends are always commenting on em). I dont think the stone face looks cool or anything, i just think i have a really goofy look to my face when i smile haha. The most i'll do is like a little smirk. So if i decide to do the online dating thing, i'll remember to upload more images of me smiling haha.

Unless of course you actually do have a goofy lookin' smile. :o

Unless of course you actually do have a goofy lookin' smile. :o
Goofy-looking smiles are ADORABLE! :argh:

I remember my husband only had pics of him smiling off-guard. When he's told to pose smiling, he looks like someone just farted in his face. :funny: Natural, off-guard smiles are definitely the best. Candid stuff.

Ok so I just checked out that pof website and like the very first chick I click on is asking for dudes to go on a beach trip with her next week. Talking bout for 100 bux ya get a room, food and drinks. Says 5 girls are going and no guys. Haha wtf, that chick can't be serious. She's gonna get some hardcore creepers hittin her up.....NO I didn't hit her up haha.

Yeah, like I said, maybe they've changed drastically in the 4 years since I used it. :o

That sounds like a good way to lose a kidney.

There is the whole, you get what you pay for. Anita lucked out 4 years ago. I'm sure you could still meet someone decent but....

There is the whole, you get what you pay for. Anita lucked out 4 years ago. I'm sure you could still meet someone decent but....

Yea and iv always hated the idea of "looking" for someone, my past relationships just kind of happened. Right place, right time kinda thing. Altho they've all ended with me having my heart ripped out, so maybe there is something to that, haha.

I signed up for that pof place, i guess it cant kill me to give it a shot.

I think one should put out as many lines as you can.

Anita posted some helpful advice.

When you are messaging anyone, personalize each one. Don't put a generic response to 5 attractive women you see. Hey, I'm a ______ fan too. Hey I like to do that too.

Don't necessarily write a long diatribe, but write enough that you feel you put a really good foot forward.

I was also on it for 3 years. :oldrazz: Patience is key, even when you're paying for an online dating service.

Yea and iv always hated the idea of "looking" for someone, my past relationships just kind of happened. Right place, right time kinda thing. Altho they've all ended with me having my heart ripped out, so maybe there is something to that, haha.

I signed up for that pof place, i guess it cant kill me to give it a shot.
Well I wasn't exactly shopping. I acknowledged that I was an introvert, so in order for me to meet another introvert (again, what I'm used to and comfortable with), real life wasn't going to cut it. :oldrazz:

Celebrating our one month at black Angus.
IMG_20130425_121240_zps6b9cb9bc.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome dude. Congrats on the one month and holy s**t you look a lot like one of my old high school friends.

Great looking man I'm sure lol

I guess I don't have the Asian monopoly on dating someone black. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"