The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 142

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that WB will get Goyer and Jonathan Nolan to write a script for the next Batman reboot (I don't think that Chris Nolan will be involved in any capacity.), now if they decide to include some of the more fantastic elements that were abandoned for TDK triology, it will surely look and sound different.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out Christopher Nolan producing the next Batman film. He has said he's done with the character, but let's just say I wouldn't be shocked if Chris does indeed produce the reboot.

Merry Christmas, batfans :up:

15929_182441808564115_1358901244_n.jpg

Aw, Bane and his goons are handing out Christmas presents. They're so nice. :yay:

I think what he says about Penguin is wrong to some extent. I mean, if you make him a middle-aged, British, classy crimelord. Somebody who is shorter than a lot of people, a bit of a weight issue but not too much. Ruthless but with a sympathetic childhood. He could be realistic.

But maybe the Nolans always had the really short, plump, beak of a nose Penguin in their minds and cant think of a way to make that serious or natural. Add to the fact that his name is incredibly comic booky "Oswald Cobblepot: The Penguin". I sort of get it i guess. It's like having the cliche mad Professor with the last name "Strange". Maybe you can make them realistic but perhaps they can't think of ways to make them threatening or really serious. (which is not my opinion btw, cuz Strange can be incredibly disturbing IMO)

But i just thought that was interesting. I guess Penguin was never on their radar, ever. Same with Clayface or Mr. Freeze, etc. Even if they did a sequel with JGL we probably wouldnt get that character, which i thought would be a possibility. Best to leave Oswald for the reboot.

Agreed. Copplepot could have easily been done in the Nolan Bat film universe. He just has to be a grounded club owner, using that as a cover to do be an underground crime boss or arms dealer in Gotham.

He could have been a side baddie, much like how Crane/Scarecrow was done in the first film.

Bob Hoskins would have the perfect actor to play him in Nolans Bat films IMO.

No prosthetics needed. Just have him wear fancy suits and have him smoke cigarettes from a cigarette holder in some scenes. Maybe have him wear the one eye glass as well in some scenes.

A little late to the party, but I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

207815_10151384228549374_471386234_n.jpg

Sorry that I am a bit late to the party.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas .

So the prison doctor helped Bane......... so why did Bane Leave him in his prison?

The prison doctor only wrapped his face with a cloth. Wouldn't call that really helping. Especially when the doctor was an addict. Notice the way Talia said "...the prisoners and the doctor had done their work to my friend" like the doctor did just as bad of a job as the prisoners themselves when they beat up Bane.

Rewatching bits of BB, I couldn't help but notice how young Bale looked. It was 7 years ago so it makes sense, but it puts one's own life in perspective I suppose.

Yeah it's pretty cool. Then again Bruce is supposed to be a 39 year old who looks 5 to 10 years older than what he is, and walks like he's close to 70 lol. But i love the difference between 22 year old college Bruce and Rises Bruce. It's a pretty huge gap physically.

Holy crap, Nev is alive.
Sure am. I'm not around as much given the trilogy's over, but thought I'd log on see how you guys are. I hope you all had a good christmas :yay:

Did Gillberg ever write his post-trilogy thread?

Sure am. I'm not around as much given the trilogy's over, but thought I'd log on see how you guys are. I hope you all had a good christmas :yay:

Did Gillberg ever write his post-trilogy thread?
He said he would for September the latest (i think thats what he said) but yeah...no idea if he'll ever write it.

He said he would for September the latest (i think thats what he said) but yeah...no idea if he'll ever write it.
Thanks. And yeah, who knows... I'd appreciate a PM to give me the heads up if he ever does, though :yay: That'd definitely be an interesting read.

Thanks. And yeah, who knows... I'd appreciate a PM to give me the heads up if he ever does, though :yay: That'd definitely be an interesting read.

I PM'ed him about it a couple weeks ago. He said he was still planning to.

“It’s not really so much that the actual city changes in the three films, it’s that the genre of the movies changes slightly, and we look at Gotham in a slightly different way,” says Nolan. “Batman Begins is very much an origin story, and Gotham is viewed in quite symbolic, quite romantic terms. With The Dark Knight, we really switched genres. We’re looking at the media, the police, the wealthy, the poor; Gotham takes on that sort of crime epic idea of what a city is. Then, in Dark Knight Rises, we really move more into the disaster movie.”

This gives such great reasoning with the detail/lack-of of Gotham City's voice and soul through the trilogy with TDK having the most of it. TDKR's format changed into just a disaster flick where Nolan had to take liberties and excuse certain ideals such as Gotham's voice.

So definitely not involved with Justice League-

''Three movies. Nine years. A total of $2.45 billion at the global box office. But for all that success with superheroes -- and once he’s done producing Warners’ Man of Steel, the Superman reboot that’s being directed by Watchmen’s Zack Snyder and will hit screens in June 2013 -- Nolan is ready to hang up his cape. The prospect of shepherding Warners’ promised Justice League film holds no allure.
“I want to direct another movie before too long, probably ’cause I get bored very easily,” Nolan says. “But I’ll take my time in figuring out what it is. I know I’m done with Batman.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"