The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 148

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, so I was gone for the weekend and just saw that somehow this thread has gone nuclear. I can't even imagine what the Batman/Superman boards are like right now...

I really could care less about Blake arguments at this point, but I'll just say that saying "everyone hates him" is a huge exaggeration. We all just talk from our own experience and our own circle. Most of my friends after seeing the movie felt he was a surprise standout and I agreed.

Same here, except everyone one of my fans (even my fellow Batman fan friend) actually really liked John Blake and JGL.

My fans dislike John Blake. I'm not convinced that everyone in the world doesn't hate the character. That's just a feeling I have, in my bones.

What, are you guys crazy?!?! It's Robin John Blake. Get it straight!!!!

I think Trav should start earning royalties off of that joke. :funny:

Everytime I see someone call Blake by his full name, I think back of when Anno asked me "Why u no like Robin John Blake?"

I think Trav should start earning royalties off of that joke. :funny:
ladKTZx.gif

He held his own against Pachino, seems like an good actor to me. Great and famous? Nah, but bad? I don't think so. He seems more like a family man than a movie star, he really hasn't done much in terms of film and tv. I think the last thing I saw him in was NCIS. Levitt? He's been in everything. We're talking about Robin characters here though, so careers aside, O' Donnell did a better job with that "Batman protege" character than Levitt did, experience be damned. B&R is crap, but what he did in Forever was pretty good I think. You even admitted to liking him up until they go and fight Riddler and Two-Face at the end of the movie (a sentiment I agree with).

Burt Ward trumps both of them though and he has a whopping 3-4 roles under his belt. :funny:

Then there's an amalgamation of talents from creators (Bruce Timm) to writers (Paul Dini) to voice actors (Loren Lester) that made a 2D cartoon character model that was more compelling than all 3 of them.

I like Joseph Gordon Levitt, got nothing against the guy. Robin John Blake though? Nobody cares about him, everyone hates him. Bad character, lame "Robin" and stuff.

And strangely, I have only seen hate for him on these board from the fanboys. And usually it all boils down to that he doesn't know kung-fu and isn't named Dick Grayson.

Granted, when people praise the movie it is usually for the scale, story, Hathaway, Bale or Bane. But most critical reviews, if anything, would put JGL in the plus column.

He does not make or break the film, but is an important role in the inherent legacy that is crucial to the Batman mythology. If you don't like him, I can't change your mind. But just because people hate him in this thread, does not mean he ruined the movie for the millions who made it a billion dollar film, as well as the most praised blockbuster of that year after Skyfall in any case.

Crazy?!?! Cause when I talk to people about JGL, they're always "praising" his "spot on" accent. But even I got to admit, JGL knows how to do a "traditional" Brooklyn accent.

Last edited:
I see no trolling here...

TDKR General Discussion surely didn't existed in the last few pages. Just endless posting of gifs.

But i didn't want to stop that . Just that maybe in the amidst of so much trolling , maybe people haven't seen a very cool video about these films. But a good user here actually pm me saying it was actually already posted :woot:

gyc2zte.png

I bought this set for my nephew yesterday. I felt like a little kid buying it :funny:The Bat is actually pretty cool.

Crazy?!?! Cause when I talk to people about JGL, they're always "praising" his "spot on" accent. But even I got to admit, JGL knows how to do a "traditional" Brooklyn accent.

Weird thing about that is the accents in Dark Knight are purely Chicago with the mob, bank manager, cops, citizens, etc. Then here comes Blake doing his New York thing.

Which is it Gotham? Do you have an identity?

My fans dislike John Blake. I'm not convinced that everyone in the world doesn't hate the character. That's just a feeling I have, in my bones.

You have fans?

Depends on what you're studying.

Commentary_Bones.jpg

I often wonder which bones John Blake had the feelings in. I'd like to see a movie that depicts that situation. Also, let's not forget that bones aren't the most important Blake Robinisms, there's also the importance of eyes and faces, which help him in his guttural feelings. I guess that can be categorized under "stuff" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"