• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - Part 152

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no that wasn't excitement. I said I was glad that the retired Batman was being used again as an influence, considering some of the stupid invalid criticisms that get thrown at Rises because 'Bruce would never retire'. It's a nice kick up the butt to those who believe that, seeing the Batman who hung up the cowl for 10 years while his city still needed him being used as an influence for the new movie.

It doesn't make me the least bit excited for the movie itself.

I'm sorry to hear that since you enjoy the character so much. Obviously I'm just the opposite. The Nolan stuff was your time and I'm hoping the Snyder stuff will continue to be my time but I'm sure your time will come again.

The new suit and cowl is unreal. And im sure the trailer is going to be amazing. Zack's trailers and visuals are always on point, until he takes it took far sometimes with the video gamey fights. But im also not stupid. His trailers are always better than the movie itself. Maybe this will be different, but i dont trust Snyder.

Im still preparing myself for an awesome looking Batman, with Affleck doing fine, but im very skeptical on the story and acting.

Still, bring on the teaser! The more sweet Batman shots the better!

The new suit and cowl is unreal. And im sure the trailer is going to be amazing. Zack's trailers and visuals are always on point, until he takes it took far sometimes with the video gamey fights. But im also not stupid. His trailers are always better than the movie itself. Maybe this will be different, but i dont trust Snyder.

Im still preparing myself for an awesome looking Batman, with Affleck doing fine, but im very skeptical on the story and acting.

I feel like I see you write this exact same kind of post in various threads at least 5 times per week.

Still, bring on the teaser! The more sweet Batman shots the better!

Snyder's going to make a believer out of you, shauner, just you wait! :oldrazz:

I hope so! Visually this will look stunning, gotta give him credit.

I feel like I see you write this exact same kind of post in various threads at least 5 times per week.
Good for you. Why are you always such an a-hole? A lot of folks who post here, don't necessarily post in other threads that have to do with Batman v Superman.

We're talking about the suit, i said i love it. We're talking about expectations and how people s**t on the trilogy and are going nuts for this new version, so i add my two cents. If you dont like it GTFO, im tired of people, good lord.

Im actually flip-flopping now. Im starting to enjoy being in the Bats v Supes forum compared to here because at least they're positive. There's only a few posters that i can stomach around here. I dont have to name you. You guys dont s**t on every moment like some people. All you do around here is correct people anyway.

Last edited:
I must say, I have no high hopes for BvS. With the missed opportunity of Man of Steel, and the attitude of Warner and DC seemingly playing catch up with Marvel, I really don't look forward much to the new film.

However, the trailer on Monday should be very awesome, at least in the hype building kind of sense. The Man of Steel trailers were very good, and the movie fell short of that, so we should see.

Good for you. Why are you always such an a-hole? A lot of folks who post here, don't necessarily post in other threads that have to do with Batman v Superman.

We're talking about the suit, i said i love it. We're talking about expectations and how people s**t on the trilogy and are going nuts for this new version, so i add my two cents. If you dont like it GTFO, im tired of people, good lord.

Im actually flip-flopping now. Im starting to enjoy being in the Bats v Supes forum compared to here because at least they're positive. There's only a few posters that i can stomach around here. I dont have to name you. You guys dont s**t on every moment like some people. All you do around here is correct people anyway.

Was just making a friendly observation.

I'm cautious about all of this. A trailer will help make up my mind but nothing I've seen in promotions yet has me believing this won't be another case of MoS.

A lot of hype and excitement and then kind of a dud on screen.

But again...We'll see.

No different than the constant gushing over the Batsuit, dem visuals, Henry Cavill, etc that goes on in the BvS boards. The same posts about craving are posted all the time over there.

I'm sorry to hear that since you enjoy the character so much. Obviously I'm just the opposite. The Nolan stuff was your time and I'm hoping the Snyder stuff will continue to be my time but I'm sure your time will come again.

Well actually the Burton movies were my time. Along with BTAS, Adam West's Batman show (was constantly shown on TV here back in the 90's), and Schumacher's. I grew up with them. It was Batman Returns that first got me into Batman. I still love it ,BTAS, and Batman 1966. No love for Schumacher's surprise surprise. I was already a die hard Batman fan for 13 years when Nolan's franchise came along.

Last edited:
Well actually the Burton movies were my time. Along with BTAS, Adam West's Batman show (was constantly shown on TV here back in the 90's), and Schumacher. I grew up with them. It was Batman Returns that first got me into Batman. I was already a Batman fan for 13 years when Nolan's franchise came along.

Kids of the 90's had it great. :up:

- The Burton movies on VHS.
- The Adam West series and movie on re-runs.
- Batman: The Animated Series/The DCAU in general.
- The Schumacher movies (Don't judge - the hype was great at ages 5 and 7).

Now that's what you call eclectic.

It was definitely beyond a treat to grow up as a kid with the various Batman incarnations of the 90's and be an adult for the Nolan films. Win win!

Edit: Ok, I just checked and apparently that link has to go. Sorry MODS.

Last edited:
Anyways, in the leaked footage Batman asks Superman
"Tell me, do you bleed? You will."

Affleck sounds almost exactly like Bale when he gassed Crane in Begins, at least the first two bits of dialogue. It's not great quality but that's what my ears are hearing right now.

Ive seen the 30 second leak about 10 times now. Affleck's voice sounds like it's somewhere between Peter Weller and Christian Bale. And i mean DEEP, DEMONIC Bale. Like Demon Bat from Batman Begins style. But maybe more controlled. So it's deeper than Weller because it sounds like a voice modulator, you get the point...somewhere in between.

I think he'll sound more like Keaton in his regular suit though but we'll see.

As for the above comments regarding the 90's. I also grew up with the Burton VHS', the Animated Series, West re-runs and Shumachers movies. I hated the Shumacher movies when i was a kid (minus Jim Carrey), and that hasn't changed. The 60's reruns were on and it introduced me to Robin. Damn that theme song was catchy but it was never my cup of tea because i was given the option of "Burton/Keaton's gothic movies with the cool ass toys!" or "Your parents' version that seems really hokey". Even at age 3 or 4 i knew which interpretation i wanted to see more. Soon B:TAS became the definitive Batman universe. Years later i LOVED Nolan/Bale's interpretation, especially since i was diving deep into film. Perfect timing.

Now i care more about story, character development, film-making, acting. But im a sucker for a cool interpretation of Batman and so if i see new footage a Bats that seems very close to Frank Miller's DKR, i can't help but get excited like a little kid. Im ready for it. But im also now fully aware of Snyder's style and finished product.

I'm like Shauner, hurry up and type your post!

Glad I'm not the only one hearing Fear Toxin Batman in that trailer. And that's right down my ally, considering I'm one of the few who still defends Bale's voice lol.

Ive seen the 30 second leak about 10 times now. Affleck's voice sounds like it's somewhere between Peter Weller and Christian Bale. And i mean DEEP, DEMONIC Bale. Like Demon Bat from Batman Begins style. But maybe more controlled. So it's deeper than Weller because it sounds like a voice modulator, you get the point...somewhere in between.

I think he'll sound more like Keaton in his regular suit though but we'll see.

As for the above comments regarding the 90's. I also grew up with the Burton VHS', the Animated Series, West re-runs and Shumachers movies. I hated the Shumacher movies when i was a kid (minus Jim Carrey), and that hasn't changed. The 60's reruns were on and it introduced me to Robin. Damn that theme song was catchy but it was never my cup of tea because i was given the option of "Burton/Keaton's gothic movies with the cool ass toys!" or "Your parents' version that seems really hokey". Even at age 3 or 4 i knew which interpretation i wanted to see more. Soon B:TAS became the definitive Batman universe. Years later i LOVED Nolan/Bale's interpretation, especially since i was diving deep into film. Perfect timing.

Now i care more about story, character development, film-making, acting. But im a sucker for a cool interpretation of Batman and so if i see new footage a Bats that seems very close to Frank Miller's DKR, i can't help but get excited like a little kid. Im ready for it. But im also now fully aware of Snyder's style and finished product.

Agreed

Wtf....there's a leak?? I've been too busy re-watching the Star Wars trailer.

Time to do some interneting...

Nah, he picked the full, officially released trailer. Not the bootleg video of the last 10 seconds of a trailer.

If that's what you mean by "better", then sure.

Fong is back and it shows in those 30 seconds. I didn't care for the cinematography in Man Of Steel and hoped this would feel more like Watchmen. It looks that way so far. Even with the bad quality, that opening shot of Batfleck on top of a building with the sun rising....yeah it reminded me of TDKR...but it also looked damn original. Hard to explain. It just looks fantastic. Can't wait to see Gotham and the batcave.

It's the last 30 seconds or less of the trailer BatLobster. It looks great. But boy oh boy dat' Star Wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"