The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

What was the explanation for Bruce getting back to Gotham in TDKR? I don’t remember, and it always kinda felt like a plot hole to me. I’m sure there’s an explanation though.
A explanation wasn’t provided. We where told it took around 23 days for him to get back but not how. He probably used money and smuggled himself in like the army did in the film

And probably got in the city through the tunnels that lead to the bat cave. Which explains his quote to Selina in act 3 about him having a way out of the city for her.

And probably got in the city through the tunnels that lead to the bat cave. Which explains his quote to Selina in act 3 about him having a way out of the city for her.
Oh my god that actually kinda explains it

With all the riots going On I’ve seen some people attacking the trilogy for it being fascist and backing cops. So that’s fun

With all the riots going On I’ve seen some people attacking the trilogy for it being fascist and backing cops. So that’s fun
Clearly people with a bias or simply overlooking how the trilogy is written. The cops are portrayed with a varying degree of shade, but mostly corrupt. BB and TDK showed the cops easily manipulated given circumstances (Flass, Wuertz, Ramirez, etc.). Only in TDKR were they shown under a brighter spot, but they were still an accessory to the Dent Act.

Clearly people with a bias or simply overlooking how the trilogy is written. The cops are portrayed with a varying degree of shade, but mostly corrupt. BB and TDK showed the cops easily manipulated given circumstances (Flass, Wuertz, Ramirez, etc.). Only in TDKR were they shown under a brighter spot, but they were still an accessory to the Dent Act.
I agree that’s when you dig into the films it’s layered just still annoying how people are jumping into them with pre conceived notions. The cops where portrayed as bad in tdkr but we’re able to redeem themselves which I think makes a great point. Hopefully the cops in are reality will do the same one way or another

I hope for the day when people no longer force their trash takes, virtue signalling and identity politics onto every single thing in existence. That would be nice.

That was a great edit. Shows how ambitious the movie is.

It's a good extended trailer, really shows off the scope of the movie in cool way. Have a few audio nitpicks where dialogue needed to be louder, but other than he did a very nice job with it and definitely makes you want to watch the movie. Kinda got me going down a rabbit hole of watching the TDKR trailers.

I feel like Trailer 3 gets the most attention because it's the more emotional one, but Trailer 2 is pretty haunting and badass:

I love how "honest" the marketing for these movies was, starting from the first Begins teaser. For each film, you really sold the exact tone of the movie you were getting. In the case of Rises, it was the promise of a conclusive ending and something bigger and broader in scale. The focus on the chant in the marketing helped immediately set the tone and told you this was going places the previous films hadn't. It instantly established that it had its own identity and wasn't going to be TDK 2.0. At the same time, the use of Ra's voiceover in the first teaser hinted at the return of the LoS and some of the ideas from Begins coming full circle.

Seems simple enough to just market a film honestly, but I think a big part of getting the blockbuster experience right is when the marketing can correctly set your expectations without giving away the whole game. I'm reminded of the trailers for the Schumacher films as a counterpoint to this. The heavy use of the Elfman scores in those makes them really enjoyable trailers (I still remember how impactful they were as a kid), but not necessarily the most honest representation of the real tone of the films. Same with Spider-Man 3. Was marketed as a dark and somber chapter of the franchise, which made the campiness of the way the black suit was handled more of an unpleasant shock.

vI54qRG.jpg

RIP Denny :csad: thank you for what you've done for Batman and comics in general

The Nokia tdkr trailer is still my favorite. Probably best trailer ever to me. Sad about Denny. I’ll have to go back and read his best issues

Gonna rummage through DC Universe and see if I can run through some of that O'Neil/Adams magic from the 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"