The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

I just rewatched it, what a fantastic film.

I'll never understand how people can criticize this movie enough to not say it's "ok or good" at worst.

Bane was fantastic, and the score too. I loved the sewer fight, third act and Bruce's arc. The pacing is pretty good and the movie remains consistent even while Bruce is in the pit.

Yeah, there is a few flaws but nothing too important because the positives and highs are much higher. I rewatched it for the third time this year and it's good enough to match CW or BB probably.

9/10

I was rewatching the “where’s the trigger” and I still love it. I find it badass how bats is like the most pissed he’s ever been that he’s just screaming while beating the crap out of bane. Yeah it can sound funny but I think it makes its way into badass as well. Same as “where’s Rachel“

This is exactly why I have photoshop.

FuvMXAO.gif

Wow...I've been on the hunt for some alternate-art posters for the trilogy to put on my wall. Those just became a helluva contender.

I've said it before but those seriously belong in a frame on my wall.

Rewatched this on HBOMax. First time I’ve sat all the way through since seeing it on screen. Still don’t like it.

- Batman is barely in it
- Cops trapped under the city for months but come out clean shaven and completely healthy looking
- Bruce Wayne is taken to some prison in the Middle East, escapes, and somehow is able to get back to Gotham when he is supposedly broke
- A city of 12 million people and it feels empty. They couldn’t even add CGI to make the stadium look full
- Talia’s death scene was unintended humor
- Fight choreography was horrible
- Bruce trusting Selena made no sense. She lured him into a trap and almost got him killed. He comes back and cracks jokes with her like it’s no big deal
- Batman uses the Bat to fly the bomb out into the ocean. It’s large enough to make a mushroom cloud and yet Lucius is able to retrieve the wreckage and somehow determine the autopilot was fixed
- “Robin”

Rewatched this on HBOMax. First time I’ve sat all the way through since seeing it on screen. Still don’t like it.

- Batman is barely in it
- Cops trapped under the city for months but come out clean shaven and completely healthy looking
- Bruce Wayne is taken to some prison in the Middle East, escapes, and somehow is able to get back to Gotham when he is supposedly broke
- A city of 12 million people and it feels empty. They couldn’t even add CGI to make the stadium look full
- Talia’s death scene was unintended humor
- Fight choreography was horrible
- Bruce trusting Selena made no sense. She lured him into a trap and almost got him killed. He comes back and cracks jokes with her like it’s no big deal
- Batman uses the Bat to fly the bomb out into the ocean. It’s large enough to make a mushroom cloud and yet Lucius is able to retrieve the wreckage and somehow determine the autopilot was fixed
- “Robin”

You know there are days when I legitimately wonder if the people who rag on this movie actually bothered to even watch it.

Isn't Bruce Wayne, the guy whose front and center of TDKR in fact Batman? Isn't Batman more than just a costume? Didn't Bruce once travel the world without a penny to his name in the very first movie? Didn't The Dark Knight feature a man able to get up and walk around with half his face burned off?

Also that very clearly wasn't the same craft as the Bat, It's colored differently.

You know there are days when I legitimately wonder if the people who rag on this movie actually bothered to even watch it.

Isn't Bruce Wayne, the guy whose front and center of TDKR in fact Batman? Isn't Batman more than just a costume? Didn't Bruce once travel the world without a penny to his name in the very first movie? Didn't The Dark Knight feature a man able to get up and walk around with half his face burned off?

Also that very clearly wasn't the same craft as the Bat, It's colored differently.
Comic fans seem to only want their heroes in their suit..... which is insane. The suit is not the only thing that makes the character, the alter ego does too. Anne isn’t in the Catwoman outfit much but she is the most comic accurate Selina in film. Also the lack of lack of Batman costume has to do with story. It makes sense.

I will agree with the awful fight scenes. That rooftop Catwoman and Batman fight is so badly done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"