The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 8 "Coda" Discussion Thread

It was a great first half of the season but everything ended so quickly it seems. They wrapped up Terminus, then Eugene, then the hospital all in these past few episodes. The death scene was just odd though. Emotional yes because they built up Beth so much, but did it make much sense as a scene? She stabs her with scissors, and then Dawn right away shoots her in the head. Was Dawn even holding the gun at that point? didn't notice.

So now they start over again. Obviously Maggie is going to be a big focus now. And Morgan.

Last edited:
What was the writing on Morgan's map?

Abraham's note to Rick. The one where he said sorry for being an ass and that they should follow them to DC because the new world needs Rick Grimes or something to that effect.

Probably not an intentional reference, but did anyone think of Dr. Channard from Hellraiser II when Gabriel said "I had to see. I had to know."?

Cue the shut up gifs

Still a crappy finale if this is all that happens

tumblr_nfvxkaUQbX1qdk4doo2_250.gif

:o

Is there a clip of Morgan? My episode ended without it.

Am I the only one who isn't dissapointed. We got what most fans wanted. Major character death , quick resolution , Darryl moments...

I'm glad the ending didn't turn into a reservoir dogs shootout. Beth couldn't allow Noah to suffer. It would of been cooler if she got Dawn in the jugular , but whatever. The shot to her head seemed downright brutal... Poor Beth.

Am I the only one who isn't dissapointed. We got what most fans wanted. Major character death , quick resolution , Darryl moments...

I'm glad the ending didn't turn into a reservoir dogs shootout. Beth couldn't allow Noah to suffer. It would of been cooler if she got Dawn in the jugular , but whatever. The shot to her head seemed downright brutal... Poor Beth.

it feels almost routine for us to expect a death in the mid season finale. that should be an expectation throughout every episode of the series. not saying a death an episode but like, unexpectedly expected, like things we wouldn't see coming or whatever.

I agree with the brutality of her death scene tho

It was a solid, though imperfect episode. I don't think the Beth storyline was handled quite well enough for its conclusion to have as much impact, but it was still very emotional to watch and very shocking. It's hard not to feel like the character was short-changed somewhat by being separated for so long and with other people, most notably Maggie, not acknowledging her absence. That I think makes her death that much sadder that she never got the chance to rejoin the group.

I beth you didn't see that coming

[BLACKOUT]I kinda always saw Beth dying. But I'll admit I didnt see it happening right now.[/BLACKOUT]

images.jpg

It was a solid, though imperfect episode. I don't think the Beth storyline was handled quite well enough for its conclusion to have as much impact, but it was still very emotional to watch and very shocking. It's hard not to feel like the character was short-changed somewhat by being separated for so long and with other people, most notably Maggie, not acknowledging her absence. That I think makes her death that much sadder that she never got the chance to rejoin the group.

I think deep down Maggie always believed Beth alive right before they confirmed her believe when she learned she was found

[BLACKOUT]I kinda always saw Beth dying. But I'll admit I didnt see it happening right now.[/BLACKOUT]

images.jpg

I was expecting one of the black characters to die but they subverted the trope by killing off a white girl.

I was expecting one of the black characters to die but they subverted the trope by killing off a white girl.

Truth. I imagine Noah or Sasha dies next. -__-

Kind of a lame episode. Even though it had some good bits.

I think the way things concluded with Beth was bogus! Really lame!

I feel like the whole "Hospital Arc" of this season was rendered completely pointless with Beth's death. It seemed that they were going to take her character to different places, but nope! Ugh. Whyyyyy even focus several episodes on the hospital then? WHY. I feel like my time was wasted.

Carol is one of my favorite characters of the show. I love her. I feel that she should have been the one to bite the dust in this episode though. Especially when considering her conversations with Daryl in the episode from two weeks ago. "We don't save people anymore." I feel like the Hospital Arc was leading up to something with Carol saving Beth/making a sacrifice, thus concluding her character arc. Plus, we got badass Carol with the first episode of the season. It's not like Carol fans haven't been satisfied with how her character's been handled. That said, I hope that the writers still take her character to interesting places now that she's still around.

Also, don't even get me started on Maggie. NOW she cares about her sister. Good for you, you stupid boycrazy bimbo. Maybe if she had cared about Beth from the get-go then maybe things would have ended better for her? It's downright annoying for me as an audience member to see Maggie get all hysterical out of nowhere for her sister when she clearly didn't give two poops about her last season. Like ... WHAT? I want Maggie to die so bad. She's become so insufferable to me (especially after what she did to Bob and Sasha last season with her stupid, boycrazy stunt). And she's boring.

Lazy writing, Walking Dead. Lazy-butt writing. It's a shame too, because this season started out REALLY strong.

First off, I'm SO ****ing relieved Carol is still alive.

But otherwise I'm very sad. :csad:

That would have had some truth to it back season's past but the show has improved a lot since then, getting into a post-racial group dynamic where all the characters get development as something approaching real humans. It's not perfect but I feel like it deserves some credit for that.

And I agree about social media f***ing over west coast fans. It's actually pretty disrespectful. If I had gone on Facebook before I watched the episode I'd be furious now.

And I agree about social media f***ing over west coast fans. It's actually pretty disrespectful. If I had gone on Facebook before I watched the episode I'd be furious now.

I'm on Twitter all the time but if I can't watch a show at the time it airs or if I lived on the West Coast, I'd just stay off it til I see it. It's 2014, everyone should know by now how things work around here. (see what i did there) :woot:

But if the show's actual facebook page or whatever is doing it, that's wrong. They're putting out a mass post for all their fans, but not all of their fans live on the east coast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"