The Xbox One - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? That's weird. Maybe it's not then, I'll have to check it out.

Really? That's weird. Maybe it's not then, I'll have to check it out.

yeah and its always bothered me. Im worried of the same thing when it comes to the PS4 so was wondering if it was also the case on the X1

It's weird that it's not there yet. Figured that'd be something they'd want day one.

So, I went online to Xbox Live support to see if they could help me with my connectivity issues. Basically, I was told this:

-My issues with downloading some content is that some apps still require a gold connection to download and use. Is this correct? I was under the impression that the only thing behind the Gold paywell now is the online play.

-In regards to my issue of sometimes having to refresh pages to get them to load, I was told this is normal. Is that other people's experiences? Do you sometimes have your profile, store, or achievement lists not load the first time or two and have to refresh for it to do so?

So, I went online to Xbox Live support to see if they could help me with my connectivity issues. Basically, I was told this:

-My issues with downloading some content is that some apps still require a gold connection to download and use. Is this correct? I was under the impression that the only thing behind the Gold paywell now is the online play.

-In regards to my issue of sometimes having to refresh pages to get them to load, I was told this is normal. Is that other people's experiences? Do you sometimes have your profile, store, or achievement lists not load the first time or two and have to refresh for it to do so?

-I was under that same impression. The only app i know thats locked behind a paywall is the Fitness app. I think they give you 6 months free but after that you need to pay for your workout programs. Other than that, I thought all apps were free to use for non gold members.

-Iv had my friends list or store not load, but its not a recurring issue.

If any of you guys are planning on buying COD, and still have a 360, you might as well buy the digital version on the 360, and get the free upgrade to X1. As long as you DL it to your X1 by March 31st, you're all good.

I was planning on just getting this on disc, but since I have friends who still don't have a X1, and were planning on getting this on the 360, I might as well. Stats and everything carry over, too. This also works with PS3 to PS4.

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade

-I was under that same impression. The only app i know thats locked behind a paywall is the Fitness app. I think they give you 6 months free but after that you need to pay for your workout programs. Other than that, I thought all apps were free to use for non gold members.

-Iv had my friends list or store not load, but its not a recurring issue.

I did some research, and the app I was testing with was Twitch. Apparently, it is, for some reason, still locked behind the paywall. I tried with some other apps, and it worked fine. Strange.

But the second point makes me weary. I have no reason to think she was lying, but I do buy that this is normal.

That is odd. I wasn't expecting them to do a bundle for MCC for several reasons, but I don't know why they wouldn't just bring it Stateside. But, then again, why isn't any region(s) specific bundle brought Stateside. Who knows.

yeah, it is odd that the MCC bundle won't be available stateside.

but as long as it's white and not 1tb, I'm not interested in it anyways........lol.

It confirmed that the new COD is 45gb. That's....that's a big file to DL. :wow:

Yea it is. Iv officially run out of space. My next purchase is gonna have to be a new HDD

Xbox One getting Customizable Themes, Background Pics and Screenshots.

Microsoft is working on introducing customizable themes, background pics and the ability to take in-game screenshots to the Xbox One, head of Xbox and Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer confirmed.

“I was told themes and background pics are something that we are working on and screenshots, you know people beat me up on screenshots,” Spencer said on a recent Inner Circle podcast episode. “The team has done a great job with the monthly updates, some of the things are just a prioritization and are a time in development.

"But I know that people like to customize the look of their dash," he added. "And I think both themes, backgrounds and screenshots are things I know people want so we are going to deliver on them. But we can’t give a when yet.”

I just want my Jim Lee Batman theme that I have for my 360.

I wonder what Phil Spencer was getting at with that comment on backwards compatibility.

I do wish they would hurry up with the 1 TB console.

My goal is to get this console for no more than 300 USD come Black Friday.

I need to see a pic of that.

What did he say exactly?

Quoting from IGN:

"Back compat is always a hot topic at the turn of a generation, and I get why, especially on [Xbox 360] so many people bought so much digital content and it means that a lot of us, we're holding on to our 360s," he said. "I get the question. I totally respect the question. There’s nothing I can say about it right now, but I’ll just say 'I hear you.' I definitely hear you and I'll continue to try to work to build something that can help people out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"