The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Input lag? What do you mean, controller-to game? And on all games or just some?

Baneful considering an X1??!!

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif

Input lag? What do you mean, controller-to game? And on all games or just some?
all games. I'd push the analog stick a little bit and my character would move way more than intended. I'd press the trigger and it'd be delayed. I noticed it first with ghosts but it also happened with minecraft.
Baneful considering an X1??!!

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif

yeah dude, i'm not joking. the input lag on the Ps4 (remember that first white dualshock 4 I told you about?) is really really bad, it's not stopping and it really ruins the experience for me. It's happened to me with 4 out of the 5 dualshock 4s I've had in my possession thus far.

it's quite unfortunate that it has come down to this, and it really doesn't look like there's a way to fix it since the issue is not that widespread but for some reason it just keeps on happening to me.

^^ damn man!! you're still having that problem??!! :(

have you tried plugging the DS4 into the PS4 via the cable and testing it out that way?

but it would be something if you, Thundercrack, and I all decide to get X1s by the end of the year...........lol.

If it's happened on 4/5 out of 5 DS4s could it be something with the console?

but he's been through several consoles, too. at least 2 of them, I think. ( a standard black one and the white Destiny one ).

^^ damn man!! you're still having that problem??!! :(
yes. all the time, actually too. it's really sad.
have you tried plugging the DS4 into the PS4 via the cable and testing it out that way?
yes I have, and I noticed that when I plugged it in, the input lag does go away for most of the time but it still happens a little here and there. so I thought at first that input lag occurs when the battery life is low on the dualshock 4 but that's not true either because it's happened with the battery has 2 out of 3 bars or even has full battery. ugh...
but it would be something if you, Thundercrack, and I all decide to get X1s by the end of the year...........lol.
ahaha, ah man if I do commit to getting rid of this Ps4 it probably won't be until after I graduate. I've got too many other real life commitments to worry about trying to sell my assets right now. if this does happen, it'll probably be sometime next year.

thundercrack returned his Ps4 and got an xbone?

I had 2 dualshock 4s when I had my black Ps4 and it happened mostly with my red dualshock 4. and it happened right away when I got my destiny bundle with my first white dualshock 4.

but he's been through several consoles, too. at least 2 of them, I think. ( a standard black one and the white Destiny one ).
correct. now just like the analog stick tearing, I'd think this would be a big enough issue that sony would address it (although sony didn't address that either) but they aren't, so I'm afraid this problem will go unsolved, and as a gamer, I can't have that. you know what I'm saying?

I don't wanna continue dealing with this problem. and i'm assuming the xbone doesn't have it. am I right?

yes. all the time, actually too. it's really sad.
yes I have, and I noticed that when I plugged it in, the input lag does go away for most of the time but it still happens a little here and there. so I thought at first that input lag occurs when the battery life is low on the dualshock 4 but that's not true either because it's happened with the battery has 2 out of 3 bars or even has full battery. ugh...
ahaha, ah man if I do commit to getting rid of this Ps4 it probably won't be until after I graduate. I've got too many other real life commitments to worry about trying to sell my assets right now. if this does happen, it'll probably be sometime next year.

thundercrack returned his Ps4 and got an xbone?

I had 2 dualshock 4s when I had my black Ps4 and it happened mostly with my red dualshock 4. and it happened right away when I got my destiny bundle with my first white dualshock 4.

correct. now just like the analog stick tearing, I'd think this would be a big enough issue that sony would address it (although sony didn't address that either) but they aren't, so I'm afraid this problem will go unsolved, and as a gamer, I can't have that. you know what I'm saying?

I don't wanna continue dealing with this problem. and i'm assuming the xbone doesn't have it. am I right?

man. that sucks. :(

again, I don't have that issue with my DS4 and I've never heard of that issue with the X1. so I don't know.

and yeah, you've got to have your priorities sorted. no sense getting distracted by selling your PS4 and getting a new console when you have to concentrate on school. (and hey! if you get the X1 next year, you can think of that as a nice graduation present to yourself. :cwink:)

yes. Thunder returned his PS4(s) and he's thinking of getting an X1.

And I'm still considering it, too. just kind of holding out hope that a standard 1tb model will come out this year or early next year.

I've still got my gift cards and trade in credits primed and ready. :o :word:

man. that sucks. :(

again, I don't have that issue with my DS4 and I've never heard of that issue with the X1. so I don't know.

and yeah, you've got to have your priorities sorted. no sense getting distracted by selling your PS4 and getting a new console when you have to concentrate on school. (and hey! if you get the X1 next year, you can think of that as a nice graduation present to yourself. :cwink:)

yes. Thunder returned his PS4(s) and he's thinking of getting an X1.

And I'm still considering it, too. just kind of holding out hope that a standard 1tb model will come out this year or early next year.

I've still got my gift cards and trade in credits primed and ready. :o :word:
is it possible then that i've been getting defective controller after defective controller one after another? i mean, it is one thing in thundercrack's case where amazon got a bunch of bad Ps4's... but I've gotten these controllers from all different places and they've pretty much all given me issues.

and yeah. I never liked halo the few times I have played it, but if this even does happen, the halo collection is one way to really bring me up to speed with the main parts of the franchise.

but I still love the playstation games more. i just preordered LBP3 and I can't WAITTTT for Uc4 next year. but let's see what happens. maybe a firmware update will stop the input lag

I don't think the Xbox One is some sort of magical console that has no problems, but it does really seem like everyone I know with a PS4 has some sort of issue with it.

Sony needs to work on quality control.

is it possible then that i've been getting defective controller after defective controller one after another? i mean, it is one thing in thundercrack's case where amazon got a bunch of bad Ps4's... but I've gotten these controllers from all different places and they've pretty much all given me issues.

and yeah. I never liked halo the few times I have played it, but if this even does happen, the halo collection is one way to really bring me up to speed with the main parts of the franchise.

but I still love the playstation games more. i just preordered LBP3 and I can't WAITTTT for Uc4 next year. but let's see what happens. maybe a firmware update will stop the input lag

I mean.......it's highly possible that you've just had bad luck and bought defective controllers in a row.

however, to get that many defective controllers, with that same problem, while otherwise functioning properly (right?) seems unlikely.

it almost sounds like your controllers aren't "syncing" properly with your PS4.

could there be some other Bluetooth device interfering with it?

don't want to turn this into a PS4 discussion........perhaps we should continue this in the PS4 thread?

From what I'm reading the problem does seem to be some kind of interference.

But the fact that it still happens when the controller is plugged in makes it rather odd.

I would suggest moving the PS4 to several different locations to see if that has any effect.

I'm having flashbacks to my time with my PS4 right now.

Happy I returned that thing.

This is not an unheard of problem btw. Just looking at the Sony help threads.

I mean.......it's highly possible that you've just had bad luck and bought defective controllers in a row.

however, to get that many defective controllers, with that same problem, while otherwise functioning properly (right?) seems unlikely.

it almost sounds like your controllers aren't "syncing" properly with your PS4.

could there be some other Bluetooth device interfering with it?

don't want to turn this into a PS4 discussion........perhaps we should continue this in the PS4 thread?

From what I'm reading the problem does seem to be some kind of interference.

But the fact that it still happens when the controller is plugged in makes it rather odd.

I would suggest moving the PS4 to several different locations to see if that has any effect.

I'm having flashbacks to my time with my PS4 right now.

Happy I returned that thing.

This is not an unheard of problem btw. Just looking at the Sony help threads.
I'm replying to you guys but as x suggested, I'm continuing the discussion in the ps4 thread.

so is the Toshiba Canvio line of portable external hdds good quality?

how do they compare to WD or Seagate?

they seem a bit cheaper - here's a 2TB drive for $90:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba...33&st=categoryid$pcmcat186100050005&cp=1&lp=3

would that be good enough to use with the X1?

would it be better to get an external drive with its own AC power source?

I still don't get why you are so damn worried about space. You have made it abundantly clear that the PS4 is/will be you primary console. Why do you think you are going to need more than 500 gigs for an X1? I'm assuming you'd get all multiplat games for your PS4 and get the exclusives u want on the X1. I mean what can u even possibly be interested in that would require you to have extra space?

I think it's more of a hard drive fetish.

I still don't get why you are so damn worried about space. You have made it abundantly clear that the PS4 is/will be you primary console. Why do you think you are going to need more than 500 gigs for an X1? I'm assuming you'd get all multiplat games for your PS4 and get the exclusives u want on the X1. I mean what can u even possibly be interested in that would require you to have extra space?

well......what if I decide that the X1 will be my primary console? :o

I think it's more of a hard drive fetish.

nope. it's about finding the best bang for my buck.

If I'm going to get the 500gb X1, then I want an external drive for extra storage.

and I want to find a good quality brand at a reasonable price.

well......what if I decide that the X1 will be my primary console? :o
5 console generations will pass by before you decide....anything. :woot:

nope. it's about finding the best bang for my buck.

If I'm going to get the 500gb X1, then I want an external drive for extra storage.

and I want to find a good quality brand at a reasonable price.
But until it becomes your primary console and you've filled at least 70% of it you don't need to worry about getting an external hard drive. No point looking now as the longer you wait the better value you'll get on the external. I'm not checking out the best prices of games I'm not getting to get right now as when I get round to getting them there will be better deals.

5 console generations will pass by before you decide....anything. :woot:

But until it becomes your primary console and you've filled at least 70% of it you don't need to worry about getting an external hard drive. No point looking now as the longer you wait the better value you'll get on the external. I'm not checking out the best prices of games I'm not getting to get right now as when I get round to getting them there will be better deals.

but..........but...........but..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"