The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the price going back up. Like Ryan said on Podcost Unlocked.. They can't raise the price then drop the price again at e3 to 349 or whatever.. No one will care. It won't seem like a big deal. This was a big deal.. And I feel it's gonna stay that way.

In fear of making people in this thread angry, I think that they will announce a standard TB model at E3, for 399.99, and then slowly phase out the 349.99 500 GB model.

those are marketplace sellers. The MSRP of the Wii U set by Nintendo is $299
word. wat does msrp stand for again? _suggested retail price?
Which given what you get... is rather high.
well isn't that how the wii won... it was substantially cheaper than the 360 and the Ps3. the wii u is quite less expensive than the Ps4 but the Ps4 eclipsed it super fast.

ain't gonna work twice, nintendo.
In fear of making people in this thread angry, I think that they will announce a standard TB model at E3, for 399.99, and then slowly phase out the 349.99 500 GB model.
"in fear of people angry" lol and then you go ahead and say wat you think may make them angry
Amazon does not buy from Nintendo directly. The two have had a feud for some time. That's why the prices are inflated.

Supposedly it's about price disputes (Amazon wanted to sell some Nintendo products at a discount, but Nintendo wanted to keep the prices up).
amazon wanted to give discounts for no reason?
That's kind of misleading though. It wasn't really a price cut, so much as a repackaging. You don't get for 399 what you got for 499.

Really, the Xbone has only had one official price cut.

What I mean is at the rate the Xbox is selling they might keep it at 350, even after the holiday season.
word yeah. you're right man. it is kind of misleading because when they first started advertising that with aaron paul, they included the kinect in the ad and ended it with now starting at $399.

and yeah. I don't see why they'd jack the price back up to 4 blocks, unless of course they want to start makin some profit. but even at 4 blocks, with the kinect being $150 standalone, it really confuses me as to what price point they need to be selling their crap at to make a turnover or at least break even.

at neogaf, people are saying this is the chance for xbone to surpass the Ps4 in U.S sales (currently the Ps4 has about a 1 million lead), but they're all convinced the Ps4 still and already won worldwide. my question is, if the xbone cuts the price to $350 worldwide, will the latter still be true?

If you go too cheap is it even a win? I mean any of them could win tomorrow if they were prepared to go to $49 and take a loss lol.

Well, I don't remember the exact story, and it was never officially backed up, but rumor had it that there was a dispute about the 3DS hinges. Nintendo refused to acknowledge the problem, and Amazon was sitting on a pile of returned 3DS', so they wanted to sell them cheap.

It got so bad that Amazon actually started advertising the Vita on the 3DS page.

Maybe 349.99.. I simply don't see them going back up.. For anything. I mean someone could say but they're giving us a TB HDD.. Still, most people would view that as "oh.. Well they just raised the price?"

If anything I can see MS announcing a TB HDD after Christmas for 399.99 (Americans get tax return a month or so later) so that could be a nice time.. Then at e3 announce they'll only have the TB model from here on in at 349.99.. Or (wishful thinking) 329.99.

If you go too cheap is it even a win? I mean any of them could win tomorrow if they were prepared to go to $49 and take a loss lol.
remember when blu ray basically won? hd dvd players started selling for MADD cheap.
Do you do that with your phone? Laptop? Computer? If not, why do it with your console?
Not sure wat you guys are discussing but is it the xbone equivalent of rest mode?

well the difference between doing that with your console from your phone or laptop is that the latter 2 don't always need to be plugged into the wall. consoles do.

Well, I don't remember the exact story, and it was never officially backed up, but rumor had it that there was a dispute about the 3DS hinges. Nintendo refused to acknowledge the problem, and Amazon was sitting on a pile of returned 3DS', so they wanted to sell them cheap.

It got so bad that Amazon actually started advertising the Vita on the 3DS page.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18jec0s985xz8png.png

I picked up a used HD DVD player and 30 HD DVDs for about $15. All the movies were great. I don't have the player anymore, but I got my $15 out of it for about 2-3 years.

Same here, I thought the menus were so much better. The quality looked the same to me, but I just preferred the layout. Much more user friendly. Plus the name makes more sense to me.

I never understood why people even supported HDDVD. It seemed like a lost cause form the very beginning. To me at least, it seemed clear that Bluray would win out simply bc it was packed in with the PS3, and it did. Considering what the PS2 did for DVDs, it seemed rather obvious that chances are the majority would flock to BR over HDDVD

Last edited:
It didn't seem that obvious, cause the PS3s weren't selling well at all in the beginning. The systems cost around $700.

(Some Of) The Big Stuff:

The PS4 may have beaten the Xbox One in October, but since Microsoft cut the Xbox One price by $50 earlier this month, the tide has turned. Microsoft announced this week that the Xbox One has been outselling the PS4 for two straight weeks now in the United States. The company cited excitement over the $50 price cut and the array of Xbox One bundles as fueling the turnaround. Microsoft also announced this week that it's now shipped 10 million Xbox Ones, behind PS4's 13.5 million. But with the busy holiday shopping season still in front of us, can the Xbox One finally catch up to and maybe overtake the PS4?

It didn't seem that obvious, cause the PS3s weren't selling well at all in the beginning. The systems cost around $700.
No the system was actually $500/$600. Unless you lived in some country that got taxed heavily, that was the launch price of the system in the US. That price was high bc it was brand new tech, which was going to go down once they reached market (which they did). It seemed rather obvious to me. HD-DVD had nothing driving it. BR at least had the PS3 which was going to be around for at least 5 years so it wasn't going anywhere. I guess I had more faith in the system and didn't forsee its launch year being indicative of how dire things would always remain for it

The PS3 sold like ****, so I'm not really following your logic there either. The PS2 and DVD sold like crazy because they were reasonably priced, and DVD's were a dramatic improvement over VHS.

Blu-ray is a minor improvement. And a rather expensive one. When the PS3 came out, most blu-ray players cost close to a 1000 dollars. Taking inflation into account, the PS3 cost about 700 dollars.

Personally I see blu-rays as a collectors item and little else. As a medium it still has to catch up to DVD's, which I doubt it will, and we'll just move on to a new format in a few years.

and with all that said, I highly doubt BR would be in the position it is today if not for the PS3. HDDVD wouldnt have folded and died out as quickly as it did

(Some Of) The Big Stuff:

The PS4 may have beaten the Xbox One in October, but since Microsoft cut the Xbox One price by $50 earlier this month, the tide has turned. Microsoft announced this week that the Xbox One has been outselling the PS4 for two straight weeks now in the United States. The company cited excitement over the $50 price cut and the array of Xbox One bundles as fueling the turnaround. Microsoft also announced this week that it's now shipped 10 million Xbox Ones, behind PS4's 13.5 million. But with the busy holiday shopping season still in front of us, can the Xbox One finally catch up to and maybe overtake the PS4?

Having decent exclusives also helped.

But no, it won't overtake the PS4. It will close the gap though.

and with all that said, I highly doubt BR would be in the position it is today if not for the PS3. HDDVD wouldnt have folded and died out as quickly as it did

I think Blu-ray just had a better coalition. Hollywood support was probably the biggest factor.

The name HD DVD was also poorly thought out. Just something to confuse dumb consumers like the Wii U.

Do you do that with your phone? Laptop? Computer? If not, why do it with your console?

I usually turn off my electronics when I don't use them.

I rarely leave my electronics on standby/sleep/rest. except maybe my phone which I leave on standby when I'm out and about. but at night. I turn it off completely.

same with my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back