The Xbox One - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. It'll be unbelievably useful to me however late in the day it comes.

He also spoke about how the cloud can be used to "offload computational efforts", which I found rather interesting.

All still in its infancy of course, but that is an interesting concept.

They've been going on about that for a while now but with the cloud and for most types of gaming there is considerable lag risk so the offloaded computational efforts are for everything that doesn't need to be real time. Still very useful but not being able to harness a supercomputer through the cloud for everything like it could have meant. I'll be very interested to see how it develops in any case. Microsoft are getting huge in the cloud business at a corporate level now so we'll see.

Pretty disappointed in the playlists for the Halo Collection. If all you play is Team Slayer, you should be good, but this kinda sucks. No FFA or BTB.

Bahhhhh!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

....What?

Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.

Big Team Battle
Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Those are literally right in the article...I mean BTB isn't game specific... But it's there.

I don't think I should even have to explain that one.

Ok. Don't. But 8 player FFA AND 16 BTB across every Halo is good enough for me. Honestly I always hated FFA. They could take that out completely and I wouldn't shed a tear.

It seems silly to me to skip this game. More so if you're a Halo fan. You're getting more than enough. Plus things are going to update and go into rotation. This is simply what we'll play day one.

And if they ever update the playlists, so I can play dedicated HCE and H2 games that I want, I may pick it up used. But right now, I don't wanna play Team Slayer hoppers nonstop for HCE and H2. I was the most excited about Doubles for HCE, and FFA for classic H2. There's no point in playing the game, if I'm not going to enjoy the playlists they have right now. I'm not touching any playlist that could potentially force me into playing H4. I will never play H4 MP ever again.

Plus, COD and Smash are coming out this month, so it's not a big deal. I'll play those, and be more than happy with them.

as much as I'd love backwards compatibility on the X1, I'd much rather MS focus on boosting the power and internal specs of the X1 so that it won't always seem to struggle behind the PS4 when it comes to max resolution, etc.

or redesign the X1 to make it more compact or with an interchangeable hdd.

I'm really looking forward to the MCC but I've never looked forward to a Halo game as much as 5.

as much as I'd love backwards compatibility on the X1, I'd much rather MS focus on boosting the power and internal specs of the X1 so that it won't always seem to struggle behind the PS4 when it comes to max resolution, etc.

Hm, I don't think this can be really done any real, significant level without actually making a new console.

The should just pull a Nintendo, and come out with a New XBOX One.

I wish they would have made them upradeable by leaving the rights ports open or something.

or redesign the X1 to make it more compact or with an interchangeable hdd.

That won't happen.

They can't change the internal specs without creating a new system. There's no need for a redesign until they can figure out how to ventilate the thing in a smaller case and they don't need to worry about internal HDDs when they allow you to use an external which is a FAR more consumer friendly way of upgrading the HDD.

I personally love the way the X1 looks. I actually like all the current systems: X1, PS4 and Wii U.

yeah. I know it will be almost impossible for them to come out with a more powerful X1 with better internal specs. :(

they can, however, redesign the console to make it slimmer ( which is highly likely anyways ).

And, they can redesign the console to make the hdd replaceable.

indeed, the current 360 model looks similar to the X1 ( with the "vent" design and all ). on that, there's a flap you open up on the side, and you can remove and replace the hdd. true, you have to use the MS branded hdd. but still, it looks super easy to do ( easier than replacing the PS hdds, in fact ).

so, they could do something similar with the X1 in a future redesign.

at the very least, release a standard 1tb model.

but, regardless, I'm not too worried about the X1 anymore cuz I'm sticking with my PS4..........lol.

And if they ever update the playlists, so I can play dedicated HCE and H2 games that I want, I may pick it up used. But right now, I don't wanna play Team Slayer hoppers nonstop for HCE and H2. I was the most excited about Doubles for HCE, and FFA for classic H2. There's no point in playing the game, if I'm not going to enjoy the playlists they have right now. I'm not touching any playlist that could potentially force me into playing H4. I will never play H4 MP ever again.

Plus, COD and Smash are coming out this month, so it's not a big deal. I'll play those, and be more than happy with them.

Call of Duty?! Gross.

*moves along.*

Haha, honestly I don't care who plays what. Personally, Halo 3 for me is the greatest multiplayer game ever created. I could care less about CE or Halo 2 (poor wording in my part. I do care about them.. I just mean MP) all I want to play is High Ground, The Pit, their big team maps and Shotty Snipers on Narrows. Everything else is gravy.

Last edited:
Personally, Halo 3 for me is the greatest multiplayer game ever created. I could care less about CE or Halo 2 (poor wording in my part. I do care about them.. I just mean MP) all I want to play is High Ground, The Pit, their big team maps and Shotty Snipers on Narrows. Everything else is gravy.
Yes, but the thing with that, is you can play that MP right now.

Last edited:
The PS4 is the best looking, but I think it's too small for its own good. The Wii U looks alright, I guess. Sort of bland and inoffensive. I definitely preferred the Wii's look.

The Xbone looks like a VCR. There's just no getting around that.

The Xbone looks like a VCR. There's just no getting around that.

it's really really quiet though. and why does it matter so much what the thing looks like anyway? you don't look at it that much when you're playing a game/watching a movie on it/just straight up using it

it's really really quiet though. and why does it matter so much what the thing looks like anyway? you don't look at it that much when you're playing a game/watching a movie on it/just straight up using it

Usually I agree, but I keep all my consoles in an expedit. The Xbone is so big it won't fit.

I still have my original PS3, and not only is it bigger, but it is kinda ugly looking.

lol. you have to admit that is kinda funny.

I suppose if you had the O.G Ps3 then that wouldna even fit either

The Xbone is bigger than my original PS3. She fits, but just barely.

She is ugly though. But she's never let me down. Like a mule.

Halo 3 multiplayer is cool although it feels superslow now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"