The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a used HD DVD player and 30 HD DVDs for about $15. All the movies were great. I don't have the player anymore, but I got my $15 out of it for about 2-3 years.
Good deal. My collection cost a fair bit but I gave them away to a friend and replaced them all pretty quickly. Great deal for anyone who bought and used for a few years.

I won't lie.. I actually preferred HDDVD...
Yep.

Same here, I thought the menus were so much better. The quality looked the same to me, but I just preferred the layout. Much more user friendly. Plus the name makes more sense to me.
I definitely preferred it.

I never understood why people even supported HDDVD. It seemed like a lost cause form the very beginning. To me at least, it seemed clear that Bluray would win out simply bc it was packed in with the PS3, and it did. Considering what the PS2 did for DVDs, it seemed rather obvious that chances are the majority would flock to BR over HDDVD
I was following this war very closely as I was quite heavily invested and noone seemed able to call it with confidence at the time.

and with all that said, I highly doubt BR would be in the position it is today if not for the PS3. HDDVD wouldnt have folded and died out as quickly as it did
It was important but the crucial factor was the studio deals. The day (no exaggeration) that surprisingly went with blu-ray HD DVD died. Did you ever get a chance to try them btw? They really were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"