The Xbox One - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR had multiplayer, so I'm sure Rise will, too.

What exactly brings you to this assumption.
yeah but no one really cared about the multiplayer, did they? it wasn't as evened out as uncharted was with multiplayer and campaign. granted the best thing about uncharted is the campaign but the multiplayer had good reviews too.

also, microsoft's main objective is to beat sony. at least right now that is. and they also have more money than sony, so I really think they'll do everything in their power to make sure that the tomb raider doesn't see the light of day on Ps4.
It has multiplayer modes but I can't imagine too many people playing them for too long. They're ok but nothing much above the average of what's out there.

Xbox is not as popular with single player because Microsoft haven't focused on that much which to me is a mistake even though they have succeeded massively in taking console multiplayer gaming & co-op mainstream with the 360. If they had made a good number of new franchises like Uncharted last gen they would be strong on both fronts. I thought the 1st Gears had a good campaign though, playing it 1st time is the moment I thought a new gen has finally arrived!

i don't think it's a mistake; I mean I think it works out fine, xbox is more a multiplayer platform and sony is a single player platform - they both obviously do both but the month of march this year was kind of a symbol of what both platforms are really caught on for.

and sony's not very strong at all on their own multiplayer titles anyway so... it goes both ways.

also, microsoft's main objective is to beat sony. at least right now that is. and they also have more money than sony, so I really think they'll do everything in their power to make sure that the tomb raider doesn't see the light of day on Ps4.

Unlikely. If this were the case, they would've been very clear and blunt in calling Rise a console exclusive or just kept it as an exclusive since Xbox games are generally expected to go to PC anyway, such as Dead Rising 3 or Ryse, both of which were billed as completely exclusive until the PC version came out.

Just the fact that Spencer so quickly went back on it being exclusive, and was very careful when speaking about it open to coming to other platforms after the duration of the deal is up, says a lot. No way something they have locked down from their biggest competitor is going to be handled so softly. It'll come to PS4, at the very least. You can quote me on that. If I'm wrong, I'll send you a nickel.

Last edited:
i don't think it's a mistake; I mean I think it works out fine, xbox is more a multiplayer platform and sony is a single player platform - they both obviously do both but the month of march this year was kind of a symbol of what both platforms are really caught on for.

and sony's not very strong at all on their own multiplayer titles anyway so... it goes both ways.
Whoever improves the most in their non-traditional strength will be in the better overall position.

Really, after a year, Microsoft will have benefited as much from Tomb Raider as they can, so I doubt they'll care if there is a PS4 version.

How many people are going to buy an Xbone to play Tomb Raider anyway?

I'll get it on the Xbone, but that's mainly because I'll have a Xbone before a PS4, if I ever get a PS4.

Really, I think the think you can say about this whole move was that it brought attention to Rise. It was already a high profile release anyway, but there was way more coverage and discussion about the game than what they would've gotten had they just showed a trailer. Talk and rage about this totally eclipsed talk about Silent Hills, a new game that had Kojima and Del Toro attached. Will it translate to sales for the Bone/360? Maybe some, but probably not a lot. But people will sure remember it, so it's going to keep a fresh presence in people's minds whenever that Ultimate Edition comes out.

Unlikely. If this were the case, they would've been very clear and blunt in calling Rise a console exclusive or just kept it as an exclusive since Xbox games are generally expected to go to PC anyway, such as Dead Rising 3 or Ryse, both of which were billed as completely exclusive until the PC version came out.

Just the fact that Spencer so quickly went back on it being exclusive, and was very careful when speaking about it open to coming to other platforms after the duration of the deal is up, says a lot. No way something they have locked down from their biggest competitor is going to be handled so softly. It'll come to PS4, at the very least. You can quote me on that. If I'm wrong, I'll send you a nickel.
ok man you're on

and instead draw me a nickel and take a picture of it. i'm not interested in a nickel

Whoever improves the most in their non-traditional strength will be in the better overall position.

that's not necessarily true.

top rated/selling Ps3 exclusives:

god of war 3, uncharted trilogy, infamous series, heavy rain, beyond two souls, the last of us, metal gear solid 4, beyond two souls, and even killzone

top rated/selling 360 exclusives:

fable, alan wake, splinter cell conviction, mass effect trilogy, halo 3, halo 4, halo reach, halo odst, gears of war trilogy (and now) titanfall

Ps3 has a more diverse selection of games, all the ones I listed to you are single player except for maybe online, but 360 had a way higher attach rate, and i don't there are any other famous xbox franchises that aren't single player besides fable and alan wake, and splinter cell went back to multiplatform after conviction. although the mass effect series is multiplatform now (im a ps3 owner and me2 in fact is one of my favorite games of all time), xbox was its platform of origin, and it is mostly recognized as an xbox franchise. it even sold best on xbox as compared to playstation... but even then it didn't sell well compared to microsoft's own exclusive game standards.

halo 3 alone sold 14 million copies. i don't think a single genuine Ps3 exclusive has managed to do even 10 mill except gran turismo 5. and just 5, in fact i think gran turismo is sony's single biiggest selling exclusive, but with the unacceptably long wait for gt5 and especially the timing and utter disappointment of gt6, lost a lot of momentum. not to mention microsft has a perfect answer to gt which is forza.

70% of games are multiplatforms, which, as game consoles, makes ps4 and xbone way too similar to justify having both in your home in my opinion. but don't traditional player number (single/multi) will prove strength in better positions for either of them.

it all completely depends on how good each of their individual exclusives are.

like i said... first biggest example? titanfall vs ISS

that's not necessarily true.

top rated/selling Ps3 exclusives:

god of war 3, uncharted trilogy, infamous series, heavy rain, beyond two souls, the last of us, metal gear solid 4, beyond two souls, and even killzone

top rated/selling 360 exclusives:

fable, alan wake, splinter cell conviction, mass effect trilogy, halo 3, halo 4, halo reach, halo odst, gears of war trilogy (and now) titanfall

Ps3 has a more diverse selection of games, all the ones I listed to you are single player except for maybe online, but 360 had a way higher attach rate, and i don't there are any other famous xbox franchises that aren't single player besides fable and alan wake, and splinter cell went back to multiplatform after conviction. although the mass effect series is multiplatform now (im a ps3 owner and me2 in fact is one of my favorite games of all time), xbox was its platform of origin, and it is mostly recognized as an xbox franchise. it even sold best on xbox as compared to playstation... but even then it didn't sell well compared to microsoft's own exclusive game standards.

halo 3 alone sold 14 million copies. i don't think a single genuine Ps3 exclusive has managed to do even 10 mill except gran turismo 5. and just 5, in fact i think gran turismo is sony's single biiggest selling exclusive, but with the unacceptably long wait for gt5 and especially the timing and utter disappointment of gt6, lost a lot of momentum. not to mention microsft has a perfect answer to gt which is forza.

70% of games are multiplatforms, which, as game consoles, makes ps4 and xbone way too similar to justify having both in your home in my opinion. but don't traditional player number (single/multi) will prove strength in better positions for either of them.

it all completely depends on how good each of their individual exclusives are.

like i said... first biggest example? titanfall vs ISS

Well this was asked by some via twitter to EPN.TV and answered on Video. What Vic said was interesting when it come to Multiplat's

Twitter Question: Are Console Exclusives Good or Bad?
EPN.TV
Victor and Marissa give their thoughts on console exclusive games.

source: EPN.TV

Last edited:
Pre ordering and Pre loading games went live today with Madden 2015. Hopefully these publishers will allow the pre order incentives to be included as well. I know thats how it is with the PS4.

I doubt there will be one before the holiday but there's no doubt bigger HDD consoles will come out. I'd assume at some point 1TB will be the standard.

Speaking of storage, it's time I look Into more space. After Madden and Metro redux, I'm down to 90 gigs left.

Yeah, expecting any kind of major revision such a short time after initial launch is not realistic. Are you new to gaming, by chance, X Knight? Just curious, because I don't know why you'd expect something like that if you familiar with past systems.

Yeah, expecting any kind of major revision such a short time after initial launch is not realistic. Are you new to gaming, by chance, X Knight? Just curious, because I don't know why you'd expect something like that if you familiar with past systems.

ummm......no.

I've been gaming since the NES days........lol.

I know that major console revisions don't usually come so soon. But then, I don't really consider a model with a bigger hdd a major revision. I mean.........it's not like a redesigned slim version or anything. They're just sticking a bigger hdd in it.

And besides, there IS going to be a console with a 1 tb hdd ( the CoD one ). So, it's not like such a model doesn't exist.

It's going to the marketplace. It's just the matter of if/when MS releases a standard 1 tb version without the CoD trimmings.

Yeah, there probably will be a release with a bigger HDD, but there's nothing to expect it that it'll become a standard thing for awhile. IIRC, I don't think we got standard upgrades to HDD for the 360 or PS3 for quite awhile, and never for the Wii. Plus, with the 360, I think there was always some type of price difference between the models based on HDD space.

I wonder if the standalone Kinect will sell, apart from to those with liquidity issues. Anyone who had the cash and any inclination towards the Kinect will probably have got it with the console (cheaper). But good to have the option now.

Yeah, there probably will be a release with a bigger HDD, but there's nothing to expect it that it'll become a standard thing for awhile. IIRC, I don't think we got standard upgrades to HDD for the 360 or PS3 for quite awhile, and never for the Wii. Plus, with the 360, I think there was always some type of price difference between the models based on HDD space.

ah. see, with the last gen ( 360 and PS3 ), I didn't get in until several years in ( 2008 with the 360 and 2009 with the PS3 ). so, I wasn't really following the launches and subsequent model updates.

hopefully, it won't be too long before we see a standard 1 tb console.

I'll just play it by ear and wait..............

sigh........if only the CoD version wasn't dressed up like that............

Last edited:
I wonder if the standalone Kinect will sell, apart from to those with liquidity issues. Anyone who had the cash and any inclination towards the Kinect will probably have got it with the console (cheaper). But good to have the option now.

if you don't have the console, it's actually cheaper to buy the console and Kinect bundle @ $500 ( vs $550 if you bought them separately )......lol

if you don't have the console, it's actually cheaper to buy the console and Kinect bundle @ $500 ( vs $550 if you bought them separately )......lol
Yeah which is why I'm not sure they'll sell too many standalones until they release a killer Kinect app (which will probably never happen at this rate lol).

Yeah which is why I'm not sure they'll sell too many standalones until they release a killer Kinect app (which will probably never happen at this rate lol).

maybe their strategy with the standalone Kinect pricing IS to drive people to buy the original console + Kinect bundle..........lol

Haha, it'll probably help.

Smart glass app updated to allow us to record game clips with it. Kinect might as well be dead at this point. MS is just hoping someone is dumb enough to plunk down 150 on this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"