The Xbox One - Part 3

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Thread Manager, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I wish all multiplayer games had bots as alternatives if no real people are playing the game anymore plus the option of peer to peer hosting for when the servers are eventually shut. Then they can become something you can always go back to in your old age like single player games.

And Gears of War has also has bots since GoW 2. Great way to learn and to muck about while still getting a feel for it. I played it a lot before I could connect to XBox Live.

2. Nathan

Nathan ...

He asked a very good question with CD Project Red too. We know that they are completely anti-DRM, and have put nothing of the sort on their discs. I really want to know if they can talk with Microsoft and say "Dude, listen, we don't do DRM. Is there a way we can lift those restrictions for our game?".

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

As certain video games themselves have become dumbed down to attempt appeal to a mass audience, the business surrounding them has become ridiculously complicated.

4. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

I just reserved my Xbox One.

I did it for one game, Killer Instinct.

5. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

:dry: but but...okay!

Even though it has only one character included by default?

6. Midnyte_Sun

I'm buying the full game when it is released. If they let me download it or buy it from a retailer to get all the bonus content, I will. I know this game will eventually have a package to allow me to play KI 1 and 2 arcade versions.

This whole issue of the machine being always on, the DRM issues, really doesn't bother me at all. Our Smartphones are always on (even when you power it off, it can still be turned on); can listen in and record us; all our clicks can and are logged and we are forced to be signed in to Google or Apple just to use the apps.

Nothing shocking or new about this system. Sony will eventually fold to the same platform too, either during the life of this console, or the next.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  7. Nathan

Nathan ...

There is no full game to be bought on release. As of now, the game is meant as a free-to-play Title, that will be available at launch, with only 1 playable character. The rest you will have to purchase. Who knows, maybe they'll change things in the coming months.

8. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

there will be a season pass to "unlock" everything. That would essentially be the equivalent of the full game but its digital only. A premium pass will provide additional bonus content

9. Midnyte_Sun

10. Nathan

Nathan ...

Ah, that's good then.

11. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Quite surprising with all the other stuff going on around the One...

12. Nathan

Nathan ...

MS needs to make a list of every misinformation out there, and start to work that off like a check list. Also, fire everyone who talked to the press until now, and get some new guys to focus on things like the family and friends sharing.

13. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

sorry to hear that.

14. Poetic Chaos

Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

Kinect Sports, Ryse and Watch Dogs day 1 and Titanfall next spring. Looking forward to a new era.

15. Maximus One

Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

After seeing how good the graphics look on this I'm really upset about a lot of the things I've been hearing about it. Even if most aren't true still bad. No used games? No rented games? Absolutely have to connect to the Internet daily? Can't take consoles over to other people's houses etc etc. This stuff is just craziness

16. Poetic Chaos

Why couldn't you take your console to someones house?

I'm just wondering how much you'll actually receive for selling your license and how much the age of the game will affect it. Can't be worse than Gamestops $5 buys.

17. Midnyte_Sun

If you can log into your account from someone elses xbox, why would you want to take the whole console there?

18. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

thats assuming the house you want to take it to, already has an X1. Anyways to go back to his point, I dont see why he cant just bring the console to other people's houses. Its as simple as unplugging and transferring it

19. Midnyte_Sun

Thats true too. A lot the hate for the XB1 is a little overblown. I've wanted cloud gaming for a while. Most of my xbox 360 games i downloaded or installed to the hard drive.

20. Balthus Dire

Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

IMO Ryse looks pretty awful. It's like a giant QuickTime event.

21. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

Agreed, surprised to see all the love for it. Titanfall, now that looks cool but Ryse? Seems awfully scripted with lazy combat (QTEs galore).

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

Ryse looked very, very promising until the actual combat started. Or rather lack of actual combat.

23. Poetic Chaos

It's no different than the counter move prompts in the Arkham games.

24. Nathan

Nathan ...

And in Arkham it's just for counters. In Ryse it's for counters, finishers, and just overall stylish and cinematic combat. I counted like 4 QTE inputs in the span of 5 seconds. Plus it turns almost every fight into some slow-mo spectacle.

25. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Considering what Microsoft has done to all of Rare's IPs, prepare for disappointment. I know from experience, I bought a 360 for the hopes of playing Banjo-Threeie someday.

It's not cloud-gaming, it's aggressive DRM. Microsoft is a giant in software but they've failed to become as dominant in other markets such as smartphones and video games. So, to gain influence in the latter, they're bending to the will of the publishers at the expense of the consumer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.