The Xbox One - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
word man. I would want the kinect if I got an xbone. i get why hardcore gamers hate it, but I think it's cool. the playstation camera doesn't compare.
If you're open to it you'll probably like it.

although, I really just don't care about halo either. that is THE game to have an xbox for but I just don't give a crap about it. I respect it, but I don't have any fun playing it. I really don't. And I know there are a ton of other games to be excited for on the xbone but it's weird owning it and not caring about its #1 franchise.
When I originally got a 360 I didn't really care too much about Halo. But I've got more and more into it with every game. Wouldn't call myself a fan but I'd look forward to and buy every game going forward. Very much hyped for Halo 5.

haha. evidently at that time both you and him were part of the convo. right here buddy.
Oh I thought you meant you were generally thinking of changing your mind overall. Everyone makes one off comments like that when frustrated with their console.

lol. unless x lives in NY and we manage free posting, that sure as hell won't save us anything. haha
Given how regularly the posting would take place (once a week for the next 8 years) you could probably arrange a good deal with your postman. ;) X-Knight probably has a few hundred deals like this in place with swap deals set up for his bowls of cereal, shoe laces, toothpaste, novelty bedsheet covers and toupees. :cool:

Given how regularly the posting would take place (once a week for the next 8 years) you could probably arrange a good deal with your postman. ;) X-Knight probably has a few hundred deals like this in place with swap deals set up for his bowls of cereal, shoe laces, toothpaste, novelty bedsheet covers and toupees. :cool:

curse you Iceman!! You've uncovered my secret!! :ninja:

If you're open to it you'll probably like it.

When I originally got a 360 I didn't really care too much about Halo. But I've got more and more into it with every game. Wouldn't call myself a fan but I'd look forward to and buy every game going forward. Very much hyped for Halo 5.
most of my friends who had a 360 also had halo 3. they're pretty much synonymous with each other. i'll still get it if i get an xbone to check it out as well as the mcc, but i dunno man.
Oh I thought you meant you were generally thinking of changing your mind overall. Everyone makes one off comments like that when frustrated with their console.
yes, i was THAT frustrated with my console that I was willing to make the jumpship. i mean, i've been frustrated with it before but it was pissing me off that much that i was deadass going to do it. if i was in a position to do it at that point I would've. but at this point i'm still not there.
:hehe:

most of my friends who had a 360 also had halo 3. they're pretty much synonymous with each other. i'll still get it if i get an xbone to check it out as well as the mcc, but i dunno man.
yes, i was THAT frustrated with my console that I was willing to make the jumpship. i mean, i've been frustrated with it before but it was pissing me off that much that i was deadass going to do it. if i was in a position to do it at that point I would've. but at this point i'm still not there.
:hehe:
Worth playing them just to have played important games even if you're not that into them, and you might get into them like I did having not been too interested in the idea of them. Halo 5 will be a much bigger deal than the MCC.

Are you still getting that input lag?

Worth playing them just to have played important games even if you're not that into them, and you might get into them like I did having not been too interested in the idea of them. Halo 5 will be a much bigger deal than the MCC.

Are you still getting that input lag?
Na I'm not. All I have a is a custom dualshock 4. With xbone thumbsticks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
Oh right, cool.

Any of you gamer guys know if and when the xbox might get an updated console and kinect? I've heard rumors the next kinect will be worth getting and will eventually have some decent games or good in game use?

I'm still rocking the original noisy white 360 and I'm getting ready to jump onboard the bone.

That sounded ruder than I meant it to.

Not heard anything about a new Kinect. If anything, it seems as if the Kinect is sort of on the way out. They still make a Kinect bundle, but they've focused more on marketing the Kinectless one, and I don't know of any major software coming out for it. As far as the system itself, there will inevitably be a slimmed down redesign, but it'll probably be another year or two before it actually happens. I think it just depends on how much you feel you need the Bone now.

yeah, I dunno nothing about a new kinect unless it's the one they're developing for their next console. there are rumors of a revised controller though.

I haven't heard anything about a new Kinect, either. and like Tron said, it seems they are deemphasizing Kinect more and more. so, I'd be very surprised if they released a newer model.

If there is nothing else happening with the Kinect it's all very confusing why they made such a big fuss about it in the first place.

If there is nothing else happening with the Kinect it's all very confusing why they made such a big fuss about it in the first place.

It's not that confusing. It's a simple case of something they wanted to push, but it just never got traction. Think of it like a game that they put a lot of effort and marketing into, but just didn't sell well enough to get a sequel. Not exactly the same thing, but it's a decent analogy. They wanted it to be big, and they pushed it, but it never really developed a following and now they are pulling it back.

It's not that confusing. It's a simple case of something they wanted to push, but it just never got traction. Think of it like a game that they put a lot of effort and marketing into, but just didn't sell well enough to get a sequel. Not exactly the same thing, but it's a decent analogy. They wanted it to be big, and they pushed it, but it never really developed a following and now they are pulling it back.
I thought they had some huge apps or methods of making it game related (like they started with FIFA live squad management that could have been really well applied in a squad based game like Mass Effect to control teammates without using up controller functions) up their sleeve to reveal at some point from the way they were talking. :csad: Also what happened to the power of the cloud? I'm really happy with what's happening with Xbox & Windows 10 integration but a lot of the initial ideas for the console haven't really worked out.

I thought they had some huge apps or methods of making it game related (like they started with FIFA live squad management that could have been really well applied in a squad based game like Mass Effect to control teammates without using up controller functions) up their sleeve to reveal at some point from the way they were talking. :csad: Also what happened to the power of the cloud? I'm really happy with what's happening with Xbox & Windows 10 integration but a lot of the initial ideas for the console haven't really worked out.

They probably did have a lot of concepts in mind, but I think it just became clear that only a few people really cared about Kinect. To be honest, I really don't know why MS tried to push the Kinect so hard again. It was never a big thing with the 360 to begin with.

And the power of the cloud is akin to blast processing, I think, aka a lot of ********.

They probably did have a lot of concepts in mind, but I think it just became clear that only a few people really cared about Kinect. To be honest, I really don't know why MS tried to push the Kinect so hard again. It was never a big thing with the 360 to begin with.

And the power of the cloud is akin to blast processing, I think, aka a lot of ********.
Haha :csad:

Shame then. Got to go in to this stuff all in to be a success and have a great underlying product. At least the HDMI In Port has been amazing (for me). Wish there was another one!

Blast processing was legit. Genesis does what Nintendont!

Well, the proper phrase, I believe, is Sega does what Nintendont. And this is especially true now.

^ Thanks for the replies guys :up: I asked my friends today about what they had heard and they say it's just chatter and nothing official. They seem to think that once the kinect tech is better and can do all the things they said it would originally that they would push it again, but they reckon it might be anything from 3 to 6 years time range before they come back with it again when it's good enough?

I think a future kinect system that's used in games properly would be awesome, I suppose a lot of us expected that this time though lol. Guess other companies will be on it too in the future.

6 years from now? Lol, in that case it will be for mucking up the X2 launch instead. ;)

Well, the proper phrase, I believe, is Sega does what Nintendont. And this is especially true now.
Nah, it was "Genesis". These commercials were hilarious back in the day.

[YT]k7nsBoqJ6s8[/YT]

6 years from now? Lol, in that case it will be for mucking up the X2 launch instead. ;)

Haha, sounds about right :woot:

Wonder how long it takes to improve the kinect tech enough though? I'd say at least 4 years. Oh well, we'll see. I'm not buying kinect now anyway so I might as well forget about it.

end of parity clause?

Eurogamer: Is it safe to say that, unless a game is entirely exclusive to another platform - developed by a Sony studio, for example - there's nothing to stop a game coming out on Xbox?

Agostino Simonetta: Correct. Unless a title can never come to Xbox, because a developer has signed a publishing deal with someone else, any title can come to ID@Xbox.

Eurogamer: Whether a game has come out on a previous platform before or not?

Agostino Simonetta: We always get this question. The answer is pretty straightforward - we do understand that developers sometimes need to decide which platform to tackle first. Sometimes this is just because they don't have the resources, sometimes because they have a specific agreement with a particular platform or publisher.

What we say to developers is - come and talk to us. Then we can figure out the best approach for making that title the biggest success it can be on our platform. The message is - talk to us, we can work together. There are no specific limitations on titles that have launched on other platforms coming to Xbox.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-16-whats-the-latest-with-the-xbox-one-parity-clause

They don't say it's not a thing anymore, just that they're open to making exceptions, which they always have. Of course, it shouldn't be a thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"