The Xbox One - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I understand what it does. I guess bad wording on my part. I just don't get what the point of it really is. Googling an achievement and all, but eh, I don't know, just not something I have much use for, I guess.
if it's the feature that allows for gaming + cable watching, then I guess it is just a feature a lot of people don't care for. Me personally I think it's really cool. There have been numerous times where I feel like playing a game but there's something on TV that I don't wanna miss. If that's what the snap feature does it easily solves that problem

I don't have cable and so I'd probably just use youtube to see some walkthroughs of parts I'm stuck at and for music

I don't have cable and so I'd probably just use youtube to see some walkthroughs of parts I'm stuck at and for music
it doesn't have to be cable. it's hdmi in/out so you can plug anything into it and snap.

I still cant belive that xboxone has been cut down by $150 in price after only like 16 months being out that is crazy!
Full price was including a Kinect (which sold separately for $150). Then they unbundled it and charged $400 wihout the Kinect. And now they've reduced that by $50.

Full price was including a Kinect (which sold separately for $150). Then they unbundled it and charged $400 wihout the Kinect. And now they've reduced that by $50.
but the only means to purchase xbone at first was at a $500 price point, and then it was $400.

but the only means to purchase xbone at first was at a $500 price point, and then it was $400.
It's not a price cut when you unbundle 2 products (it's an unbundling of 2 products). If the MCC unbundles the 4 Halo games (you can't buy the jazzed up versions separately at the moment even if you say only ever liked Halo 3, in the same way as X1 plus Kinect was the only way you could buy them at launch even if you didn't want Kinect) within it and sells them separately for $50 each rather than $60 for the lot, is that a price cut?

dunno if this is old news, but xbone will be getting a 20% gpu boost thanks to dx12. that combined with the 10% gpu boost because of the kinect disconnect means a 30% boost overall.

http://m.windowscentral.com/what-microsoft-revealed-about-xbox-and-windows-10-today-gdc
I really like how easy it's going to be to for developers to programme one game for every device. Along with crossbuy and cross platform play this could work really well. I'm interested to see what DX12 does for pcs too.

It's not a price cut when you unbundle 2 products (it's an unbundling of 2 products). If the MCC unbundles the 4 Halo games (you can't buy the jazzed up versions separately at the moment even if you say only ever liked Halo 3, in the same way as X1 plus Kinect was the only way you could buy them at launch even if you didn't want Kinect) within it and sells them separately for $50 each rather than $60 for the lot, is that a price cut?
I see what you're saying, but it was marketed by mS as a price cut. when they unbundled the kinect, all the ads said "xbone: now starting at $399" (because at first it was only available at $499) not "xbone: now available without kinect". it makes sense in every way that they did it the way they did it, though.

it doesn't have to be cable. it's hdmi in/out so you can plug anything into it and snap.
If I'm not watching anything I have my 360 in there (could just as easily be PS3 or PS4) so I can party up with guys who are playing on that. Can then stay in party throughout the whole gaming session and at a moment switch to a multiplayer session on 360. And it's cool being able to stay in X1 party while watching the same show or sporting event as your mate.

I really like how easy it's going to be to for developers to programme one game for every device. Along with crossbuy and cross platform play this could work really well. I'm interested to see what DX12 does for pcs too.
i don't wanna sound like a broken record but i'm once again contemplating a swap. oh man..

I see what you're saying, but it was marketed by mS as a price cut. when they unbundled the kinect, all the ads said "xbone: now starting at $399" (because at first it was only available at $499) not "xbone: now available without kinect". it makes sense in every way that they did it the way they did it, though.
Of course but that's why stores always have insane closing down sales that last for 2 decades and every price ends in a 9 instead of a zero and some items seem to be permanently half price (when were they full price?!). Everyone wants to think they are getting a price cut or a deal and retailers are quite happy to help the deception along. I remember on a school trip there was a guy selling a drink for 30p or 3 drinks for £1 and loads of people were paying the £1 thinking it must be a deal. :woot:

i don't wanna sound like a broken record but i'm once again contemplating a swap. oh man..
Didn't know you were contemplating a swap at all. Unlike the true broken record guys in here (X-Knight & co :woot:).

considering how fervently you defended Sony and the PS4 when we first started talking ( and when I first jumped ship to the X1 ), it would be richly ironic if you ended up switching to the X1 and I stayed with the PS4. :hehe:

considering how fervently you defended Sony and the PS4 when we first started talking ( and when I first jumped ship to the X1 ), it would be richly ironic if you ended up switching to the X1 and I stayed with the PS4. :hehe:

To save on costs all the broken record guys should post each other their consoles and swap back every week. :up:

Of course but that's why stores always have insane closing down sales that last for 2 decades and every price ends in a 9 instead of a zero and some items seem to be permanently half price (when were they full price?!). Everyone wants to think they are getting a price cut or a deal and retailers are quite happy to help the deception along. I remember on a school trip there was a guy selling a drink for 30p or 3 drinks for £1 and loads of people were paying the £1 thinking it must be a deal. :woot:
word man. I would want the kinect if I got an xbone. i get why hardcore gamers hate it, but I think it's cool. the playstation camera doesn't compare.

although, I really just don't care about halo either. that is THE game to have an xbox for but I just don't give a crap about it. I respect it, but I don't have any fun playing it. I really don't. And I know there are a ton of other games to be excited for on the xbone but it's weird owning it and not caring about its #1 franchise.
Didn't know you were contemplating a swap at all. Unlike the true broken record guys in here (X-Knight & co :woot:).
haha. evidently at that time both you and him were part of the convo. right here buddy.
haha, damn straight. if it happens at all it won't be for a good while. I need to get a job & stuff but that's all I'll say coz I don't want to derail this thread and get into my personal issues
To save on costs all the broken record guys should post each other their consoles and swap back every week. :up:
lol. unless x lives in NY and we manage free posting, that sure as hell won't save us anything. haha

word man. I would want the kinect if I got an xbone. i get why hardcore gamers hate it, but I think it's cool. the playstation camera doesn't compare.

although, I really just don't care about halo either. that is THE game to have an xbox for but I just don't give a crap about it. I respect it, but I don't have any fun playing it. I really don't. And I know there are a ton of other games to be excited for on the xbone but it's weird owning it and not caring about its #1 franchise.

haha. evidently at that time both you and him were part of the convo. right here buddy.

haha, damn straight. if it happens at all it won't be for a good while. I need to get a job & stuff but that's all I'll say coz I don't want to derail this thread and get into my personal issues

lol. unless x lives in NY and we manage free posting, that sure as hell won't save us anything. haha

well, then you're out of luck cuz I don't live in NY. :o

Do any of you find EA Access worth it? Could I use money from XBL credit or would I need to use a credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"