The Xbox One - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a huge fan of how loose the sticks are on the X1. I thought the 360 had a perfect amount of tension. The DS4 sticks feel better than the X1 to me. All around, I think the DS4 is a superior controller this gen, but I still prefer the 360, especially for shooters. I'm currently playing COD:AW on both the 360 and X1, and while the graphics are superior on the X1, I prefer playing the game on the 360, due to my preference in the controller.

wat do you mean by loose?

and i'm pretty sure the 360 controller is considered the greatest gamepad of all time. minus its dpad but they fixed it with a later revision.

and the Ds4 has a material-tearing issue that's been plaguing lots of gamers. and for myself, i've had lots of Ds4s with badass input lags.

There's not enough tension on the sticks.

I think I know what you mean but I need a little more clarification... you saying that it's too easy to push them in the direction you want?

also, minus the wear n tear, would you say the Ps4's thumbsticks > xbone's?

I honestly haven't noticed that, but I have yet to play a first person shooter.

you have an xbone and you haven't played a shooter yet?

Crazy right? But I have been busy as **** unfortunately. I haven't even had time to download Assassin's Creed Unity (came with my bundle).

Come Thanksgiving break though, I'll be getting Halo, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4, and GTA. Make up for lost time.

Crazy right? But I have been busy as **** unfortunately. I haven't even had time to download Assassin's Creed Unity (came with my bundle).

Come Thanksgiving break though, I'll be getting Halo, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4, and GTA. Make up for lost time.

word. do it up. i lost track of what you did ever since the destiny bundle trouble but do you also have a Ps4 or na? if you do, holla atcha boi if you wanna be PsN friends.

quick question - does sony get a tiny cut out of every xbone sold since it has a blu ray drive now?

word. do it up. i lost track of what you did ever since the destiny bundle trouble but do you also have a Ps4 or na? if you do, holla atcha boi if you wanna be PsN friends.

quick question - does sony get a tiny cut out of every xbone sold since it has a blu ray drive now?

Nah, I sent the PS4 back cause of the disc drive (and Destiny was a huge disappointment).

Yes, Sony gets a check for every Xbone sold. I believe it's two bucks a pop.

Nah, I sent the PS4 back cause of the disc drive (and Destiny was a huge disappointment).

Yes, Sony gets a check for every Xbone sold. I believe it's two bucks a pop.

so i guess that means they've made at least $10,000,000 off xbones so far

is there anything on Ps4 that microsoft gets?

Not that I'm aware of.

Though this isn't that unusual. Although they weren't competitors yet, SNES' were built using Sony audio chips.

So even after they became competitors, Nintendo sent Sony a check.

Not that I'm aware of.

Though this isn't that unusual. Although they weren't competitors yet, SNES' were built using Sony audio chips.

So even after they became competitors, Nintendo sent Sony a check.

yeah. i heard the playstation was supposed to be a joint project between them two and they disagreed, and then sony did their own thing.

Yeah it's common. You should see how much Microsoft have made from patents related to tech used on Android phones.

yeah. i heard the playstation was supposed to be a joint project between them two and they disagreed, and then sony did their own thing.

yep. I believe that's the story.

big mistake on Nintendo's part.........lol.

as for the controllers, both the DS4 and X1 controllers are pretty darn comfortable.

I've adapted to the X1 controller faster than I thought, and I think it's just as good and comfortable as the DS4.

indeed, I think I like the offset thumbsticks a bit better.

They actually made a new standalone console in addition to the add-on, that could play both CDs and carts called the "Play Station", but Nintendo Sony couldn't agree on licensing, so it was never put into mass production. About 200 prototypes were made.

9fip2h.jpg
I wonder what happened to them. I guess it's like the original PS3 controller. Somewhere in a warehouse.

The prototype version of the standalone looks different than that. It was all black, and Playstation was separated into two words. I'll try to find a pic later.

interestingly enough, most recent xbone ads have been saying "xbox one. now $50 off." previous its been saying "xbox one. now $349" and read "for a limited time"

i wonder why they changed it

Maybe because 349 still sounds like a lot.

At this rate, Microsoft might just make this the standard price.

Maybe because 349 still sounds like a lot.

At this rate, Microsoft might just make this the standard price.

it is a lot, but considering its $150 less than launch price and puts it toe to toe with the wii u... not really

wat you mean 'at this rate' man? the xbone tripled in sales since the price cut and has been outselling the Ps4 for the last 2 weeks

Is the wii U the same price as the X1 at the moment?

there's a bunch of wii u bundles on amazon for $350 but then the console itself looks like it is just $300

it is a lot, but considering its $150 less than launch price and puts it toe to toe with the wii u... not really

wat you mean 'at this rate' man? the xbone tripled in sales since the price cut and has been outselling the Ps4 for the last 2 weeks

That's kind of misleading though. It wasn't really a price cut, so much as a repackaging. You don't get for 399 what you got for 499.

Really, the Xbone has only had one official price cut.

What I mean is at the rate the Xbox is selling they might keep it at 350, even after the holiday season.

there's a bunch of wii u bundles on amazon for $350 but then the console itself looks like it is just $300

Amazon does not buy from Nintendo directly. The two have had a feud for some time. That's why the prices are inflated.

Supposedly it's about price disputes (Amazon wanted to sell some Nintendo products at a discount, but Nintendo wanted to keep the prices up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"